Cheatham Co. hosting Giles Co

blockhead

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weekly game notes written by Cubs columnist Marcus Rich are now posted on the Cheatham County Cubs Football Fan Page. Go to www.cheathamcubsfanpage.com/fb and click on the link titled "Cubs Friday Night". The game notes will be listed. They include a preview of the Giles Co. Bobcats and also give the all-time series history between these two schools.

Da Catfish,

Here is an update for you. As you already know, we have lost players that were projected starters coming in to this year. D. Turner got kicked off the team for not coming to practice. William Reynolds broke his femur in the Jamboree. Rico had his MRI read yesterday and they confirmed that he has a torn ACL and will have surgery. The coaches also told the team Sunday that Dimayo Birdsong will no longer be on the team following his arrest on Saturday. He is in serious trouble after being caught with Lortab? (prescription pain killer).

So the Bobcats will be coming to Ashland City with several reserve players starting... not much different than how ya'll came to play us last year. Your QB (Potts) had his appendix taken out the day before if I remember correctly. I know he will be anxious to play us. Hopefully we can keep it close. We have a lot of heart and will play hard for four quarters I can promise you that!

Da Catfish,

Here is an update for you. As you already know, we have lost players that were projected starters coming in to this year. D. Turner got kicked off the team for not coming to practice. William Reynolds broke his femur in the Jamboree. Rico had his MRI read yesterday and they confirmed that he has a torn ACL and will have surgery. The coaches also told the team Sunday that Dimayo Birdsong will no longer be on the team following his arrest on Saturday. He is in serious trouble after being caught with Lortab? (prescription pain killer).

So the Bobcats will be coming to Ashland City with several reserve players starting... not much different than how ya'll came to play us last year. Your QB (Potts) had his appendix taken out the day before if I remember correctly. I know he will be anxious to play us. Hopefully we can keep it close. We have a lot of heart and will play hard for four quarters I can promise you that!

That's terrible news about Dimayo. Hope he is able to get back on the field but more importantly hope that he is able to get his life together. He has a world of potential and football could really be a tremendous help to him as far as college is concerned.

Have a Safe Trip Up Friday!!!!

That's terrible news about Dimayo. Hope he is able to get back on the field but more importantly hope that he is able to get his life together. He has a world of potential and football could really be a tremendous help to him as far as college is concerned.

May-May is a pretty good guy. He is always smiling and laughing and having a good time. However, he has also has to learn that their are consequences for his choices. If I heard correctly he is also a Dad as of today. Hopefully he will make the right choices for that baby as well.

Da Catfish,

Now that's confidence!I hope you are not a player with this attitude.I also hope you dont rub off on the players.

You are jumping the gun a bit on your info here,be sure of the FACTS before you tell the world of someone else's problems.

The Cubs will be tough enough without you trying to put doubt in the team.SILENCE IS GOLDEN so be quiet.

Good user name,"no respect"

Some from GC have a bad habit of talking before they know the facts,let things get settled.

When its cut and dried then talk, thats all im saying.Hope the best for Dimayo.

Back to the game.........What time is K/O. I have 7:oo The Cubs page has 7:30.I am looking forward to seeing Potts in action.Hear he is a

play maker.

What became of Joey Beach, he was very good when he played for the Cubs, did he go on to play college ball??

FYI, Sasquatch was spotted wandering along I24.

Rico is definately out for this game anyways and from what I understand the rest of the season. Very disappointing for Giles County but we do have receivers who can step up and do the job. #40 is Smiling Torrell Boykins and he does do a good job.

Just want you all to know Giles is geared up for the playoffs this year. Haven't heard a negative from anyone on the team about not winning-they are determined to win every game and get the respect they feel that they deserve. The kids have worked hard all summer long and will not give up easily. Alot of Juniors have been playing football together since Pop Warner and are not used to losing and will give their all.

I have to go with Giles-they are very determined to win state this year, and have the talent to do so.

due to the AP polls and this post: I change my previous prediction.

Giles 68

Cheatham 14

Some from GC have a bad habit of talking before they know the facts,let things get settled.

When its cut and dried then talk, thats all im saying.Hope the best for Dimayo.

Back to the game.........What time is K/O. I have 7:oo The Cubs page has 7:30.I am looking forward to seeing Potts in action.Hear he is a

play maker.

What became of Joey Beach, he was very good when he played for the Cubs, did he go on to play college ball??

FYI, Sasquatch was spotted wandering along I24.

Kickoff is at 7:30. All of the Cubs home games are at 7:30. With the exception of Sycamore, in-county, all of the Cubs road games are at 7:00.

Joey is playing soccer (I believe at Belmont) these days. He had a couple of D-II college offers and some D-IAA offers but he chose to play soccer and attend the school of his dreams over a football scholarship. I wish him the best. He was one of the better all-around athletes in CCCHS history (football, basketball, and soccer).

Da Catfish,

What positions did these guys play?