Millington Trojans Football 2008

BigBoy50

With the outstanding performance by the Trojans In last Nights M&M bowl againt rival Munford, I believe the Trojans are on their way to another astounding year.. Any Comments?

Let's take the season One game at a time. The competition will get much better as the season progresses. I have been involved with the Millington program for over 20 years and I have to say that was the worst Munford team that I can ever recall. So, Let's not hang out hat on that victory. There are plenty of postives to take away from the game however.

1. We were able to play just about our entire roster. There is no substitute for experience.

2. We escaped the game virtually injury free. (We didn't need to get one of our key contributors hurt in a game that was

so lopsided.)

3. Coach Hawkins showed incredible CLASS by not running up the score. If he had wanted to the score could have been 80-0. Coach Randall should have sent him a STEAK Dinner after the game.

4. Teseaun Holmes touched the ball 4 times and scored 3 TD's. (TD Runs of 4 and 3 and a TD rec of 77 yards).

5. Mario Harwell scored his first Varsity TD. (13 yd run).

6. Demetre Jones was a BEAST. 8 tackles (6 for loss). He has to play with that kind of fire all year long.!!

Arlington is next...... Home Opener...... Should be a packed house!!!

Let's take the season One game at a time. The competition will get much better as the season progresses. I have been involved with the Millington program for over 20 years and I have to say that was the worst Munford team that I can ever recall. So, Let's not hang out hat on that victory. There are plenty of postives to take away from the game however.

1. We were able to play just about our entire roster. There is no substitute for experience.

2. We escaped the game virtually injury free. (We didn't need to get one of our key contributors hurt in a game that was

so lopsided.)

3. Coach Hawkins showed incredible CLASS by not running up the score. If he had wanted to the score could have been 80-0. Coach Randall should have sent him a STEAK Dinner after the game.

4. Teseaun Holmes touched the ball 4 times and scored 3 TD's. (TD Runs of 4 and 3 and a TD rec of 77 yards).

5. Mario Harwell scored his first Varsity TD. (13 yd run).

6. Demetre Jones was a BEAST. 8 tackles (6 for loss). He has to play with that kind of fire all year long.!!

Arlington is next...... Home Opener...... Should be a packed house!!!

Had a late snack with the umpire that worked your ballgame and everything you said was evidently right on target. He said that he had not seen a more complete football team than the one he saw the other night. Offense, Defense and the kicking game were outstanding. He also agreed that coach Hawkins showed a great deal of class by in fact playing his entire squad against a very overmatched Munford team. It's good to know that W. Tenn will have a genuine threat this year to challenge for a state championship. And the thing I liked even better is knowing that we do have some coaches that reflect the traits of character and sportsmanship such as yours did the other night. Congratulations and good luck down the road!