Munford @ Hardin County

utfan2

hardin county coming off a 51-12 win over memphis westwood and munford coming off a 35-0 loss to millington

The score was actually 38-0 Millington over Munford. It could have easily been 75-0. Millington did the right thing and called off the dogs during the middle of the 2nd quarter. Munford was overmatched from the opening kickoff. I suspect they will compete better as the year wears on but they do not have many athletes and without a minor miracle, I think that Munford will have a losing season this year. Hardin County will roll in this one.

Munford always comes out of a hard loss to Millington, we always come off short on the team size, and we always come out small on player's size. Yet, for the past two years Coach Randle has shown what he is made of and what his team and coaching staff are made of. He tells his players what happens in the past stays in the past but just learn from your mistakes so the same thing won't happen in the future. I don't think that Munford will have a losing season, but like every season, everyone else will. Which the team will have to prove wrong just like in the past two seasons. Munford will always be looked down on because of our misfortunes, but we always seem to find a way to win. Hardin County is lookin for some payback from the past two seasons. Seeing how we beat them at their own homecoming for the Region Championship in '07 and for last year for long bus ride home. Hardin will bring everything and Munford will have to bring more. With the injuries of a few players, some young boys are going to have to become men during the week. And who else to help make that transformation than Coach Randle. GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The score was actually 38-0 Millington over Munford. It could have easily been 75-0. Millington did the right thing and called off the dogs during the middle of the 2nd quarter. Munford was overmatched from the opening kickoff. I suspect they will compete better as the year wears on but they do not have many athletes and without a minor miracle, I think that Munford will have a losing season this year. Hardin County will roll in this one.

We all knew Millington was the better team and I won't make any excuses. Munford turned the ball over the first 2 possessions inside the red zone and you can't do that against a team as good as Millington. Comparing Munford to Millington's set of athletes is a little misguided in that Millington is loaded again.

I have said all along that Munford is young and inexperienced. That continues to be a bigger issue as the year goes along. However, I also believe the coaching staff will figure something out to give this bunch a chance to win. The youngsters need to come along quickly for them to have a decent region record. I do believe they have a core of players that could be special next year with a little experience and confidence. There is a lot of work to be done but agree with that Coach Randle is the right person to get them there.

By the way Rob_M, my weekend was pretty much the results I expected although I have more hope for the Cougars than Tigers at this point.

We all knew Millington was the better team and I won't make any excuses. Munford turned the ball over the first 2 possessions inside the red zone and you can't do that against a team as good as Millington. Comparing Munford to Millington's set of athletes is a little misguided in that Millington is loaded again.

I have said all along that Munford is young and inexperienced. That continues to be a bigger issue as the year goes along. However, I also believe the coaching staff will figure something out to give this bunch a chance to win. The youngsters need to come along quickly for them to have a decent region record. I do believe they have a core of players that could be special next year with a little experience and confidence. There is a lot of work to be done but agree with that Coach Randle is the right person to get them there.

By the way Rob_M, my weekend was pretty much the results I expected although I have more hope for the Cougars than Tigers at this point.

I have no doubt that your coaching staff will get the most out of the Munford kids as the year goes on. But unlike in years past ,where there was atleast decent talent, the cupboard is completely bare. It reminds me of an old saying "You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip" I didn't see one single "playmaker" on the Munford roster. They truly miss Purdy. Speaking of Purdy.... Have you seen his stats at Faragut yet. He is their starting RB and averaging well over 100 yards rushing per game with 3 TD's through 2 games. He would have given the Munford offense a big play threat.

With all of that being said, I don't think that Munford will see a team better than Millington the rest of the season, So the chances of seeing quantifiable improvement is there. I would love to see ya'll pull the upset over Hardin County. Their fans think they are much better than they really are.

Good Luck the rest of the way!!

I have no doubt that your coaching staff will get the most out of the Munford kids as the year goes on. But unlike in years past ,where there was atleast decent talent, the cupboard is completely bare. It reminds me of an old saying "You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip" I didn't see one single "playmaker" on the Munford roster. They truly miss Purdy. Speaking of Purdy.... Have you seen his stats at Faragut yet. He is their starting RB and averaging well over 100 yards rushing per game with 3 TD's through 2 games. He would have given the Munford offense a big play threat.

With all of that being said, I don't think that Munford will see a team better than Millington the rest of the season, So the chances of seeing quantifiable improvement is there. I would love to see ya'll pull the upset over Hardin County. Their fans think they are much better than they really are.

Good Luck the rest of the way!!

Thanks and you are pretty much right on with your comments. Purdy was certainly the feature back that gave the offense some options as well as opening up a pass every now and then. He is a good kid and we can wish him the best (of course we could wish he was here too!). We may have an even more limited crew at Hardin so I wouldn't expect an upset but they will play hard and fight til the end. That's something the coaches are working on the bunch that is here. It will take some breaks but you just never know.

Good luck to the Trojans, they are every bit as talented as we thought.

Congratulations Hardin County with the 30-6 win. They might even give Henry County a scare! I thought Hardin wouldn't be able to move the ball with out schutt the wide receiver and kick returner from last year but this year their offense did well with just gilchrist at qb. Munford didn't look to good this year so they'll definitely fight for a playoff spot this year.