Best in Sevier County

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh! Blinded by love.

You can honestly sit there and say that you think SC is not the best football school the county has to offer year-in and year-out? If you can your the one that is blind my friend, SC would waltz through your schedule and yall might win 3, maybe 4 a year with theirs, quit drinkin the koolaid and wake up, better yet go check your trophy case and look for the gold ball, wait its at Portland. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I did not state that any of the programs are any better than the others. You are the one that stated that all the other schools are no where near the class of a program as SCHS. I simply pointed out that I disagree.

Yes there is not only 1 gold ball in Portland but there are 2. Seymour lost to two very good Portland Football teams in the Semi-Finals both years.

Yes SCHS won the state title and had a very good TEAM that year. They really put it all together and made a great playoff run. that team had tremendous player leadership and the coach's did an outstanding job. I know alot of people from Seymour who traveled to support the Bears in that Championship game because they wanted to see a team from the county win it.

Since you think so little of the Seymour program and their coach's why don't you call them for a game. Its obvious that you have such little respect for the program that you would consider Seymour an easy win for Cosby.

Coach Brewer is a very good football coach. Since you played there I am sure that you learned a great deal about football from him and his staff. Its a shame you failed to learn humility from such a humble man as Steve.

BigBlue,

Don't forget that (according to Seymour area newspapers) Seymour ended Maryville's streak with their upset "win" in the Jamboree. Of course with the starters playing the next week they were blanked by the mighty Heritage High Mountaineers. Unfortunately they got the win over the Bears this year. I was at the game (which is the coacht standard way of qualifying my statement) and Seymour had 1 first down in the second half (other than the two by penalties) and no points if I recall correctly. SCHS fumbled going in twice, once on the 15 and once on the 2!!! The Eagles gashed up SCHS's run defense pretty bad in the first half but was completely shut out in the second. The Eagles definately played harder and wanted it more and HELD ON for the win. I would give this years Eagles 2 out of 10 games against the Bears but like I said before, they only play one time a year.

Eagle,

Not to speak for BigBlue, we happened to know a few players from the team that went down to Portland and I would say we were pulling for them. I give a lot a props to Seymour for getting back on SCHS's schedule. They already had a huge county rivalry with GP and then PFHS added another. I'm sure BigBlue respects SHS plenty enough. Now, if you want to talk about not having respect for a program then let's say GP. HA, we can all find common ground by talking about not liking GP!!

I did not state that any of the programs are any better than the others. You are the one that stated that all the other schools are no where near the class of a program as SCHS. I simply pointed out that I disagree.

Yes there is not only 1 gold ball in Portland but there are 2. Seymour lost to two very good Portland Football teams in the Semi-Finals both years.

Yes SCHS won the state title and had a very good TEAM that year. They really put it all together and made a great playoff run. that team had tremendous player leadership and the coach's did an outstanding job. I know alot of people from Seymour who traveled to support the Bears in that Championship game because they wanted to see a team from the county win it.

Since you think so little of the Seymour program and their coach's why don't you call them for a game. Its obvious that you have such little respect for the program that you would consider Seymour an easy win for Cosby.

Coach Brewer is a very good football coach. Since you played there I am sure that you learned a great deal about football from him and his staff. Its a shame you failed to learn humility from such a humble man as Steve.

When did I ever say that I had no respect for Seymour, I respect everything that Householder has done there, I never one time stated that playing Seymour would be an easy win for our little 1-A school, all I said is that if you look on a yearly basis SC is the best team in the county, Im not showing any disrespect for anybody, just stating the facts. I dont expect you to agree with me because you are a Seymour fan and alum and thats fine, but we beat yall ALMOST every year, but I guess were just lucky. I have a great relationship wiht Gary and Jim, I've known them both for a long time and like I said I respect and admire what they have done, but I guess what Im really saying is that Seymour stinks, right, come on now, you cant really sit there and say that you have seen anywhere that I have put Seymour down, as a matter of fact if you go back and look on the Seymour/Carter thread, I actually defended your beloved team and coach.

By the way you know me why dont you tell me who you are? I do have a good idea who you are, I'd almost bet my life that I knew who you were, just want to see if you got the stones to tell me! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You're doing a great job putting words into people's mouths! I've personally heard him praise Gary on several occasions. Where did you see anything about him thinking very little of Seymour's program. He just stated that he thought more of SCHS. And since you're calling people out, its spelled Yoakum, and he's quite possibly the best thing that ever happened to the little 1a program that you want to play your Eagles. (No offense Shelton & Hall you know I've got you guys right behind him on my list!) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It seems as if everyone knows who you are and you don't know anyone /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As for the debate, the best team in the county changes every year dependent on the talent that each team has, this year I would take Seymour as the best with SC a close second. SC seems to have a cpl of players with major attitude problems that wouldn't fly with the old coach B. Too much taking off helmets and throwing them down without any reprecussions to be seen. GP always has good talent, but can't do well in the playoffs and PF has too many parents getting in the way of coaches getting to coach because their child might get tired or God forbid get a bruise on him. With that said, I hope the day comes I can look back at this and just laugh and all 4 of the area teams have championships.

I guess next year the Seymour v. SCHS debate will be a lot more relavent with the new classifications. At least it will during the season. Then it's up to the wildcard voters. Man I think this is going to be screwed up!!!

I'm allready confused! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

It seems as if everyone knows who you are and you don't know anyone /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As for the debate, the best team in the county changes every year dependent on the talent that each team has, this year I would take Seymour as the best with SC a close second. SC seems to have a cpl of players with major attitude problems that wouldn't fly with the old coach B. Too much taking off helmets and throwing them down without any reprecussions to be seen. GP always has good talent, but can't do well in the playoffs and PF has too many parents getting in the way of coaches getting to coach because their child might get tired or God forbid get a bruise on him. With that said, I hope the day comes I can look back at this and just laugh and all 4 of the area teams have championships.

You're right, I didnt know I had such a recognizable screen-name! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> As far as all County school someday having a ring, would be great I would love to see it, even though some people seem to think that the only county schools I like are SCHS and PF, but hey you cant please everybody, thats one of the reasons I love it at Cosby, the only people we have to please here are the players and the other staff members, dont much care about what everybody else thinks, guess that makes us terrible coaches, we dont listen to outside sources that have such wonderful ideas. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />