Wilson Central 2 Livingston Academy 0

Big Poppa 17

I certainly don't know Kat's work habits, but I think it is arrogant to think that she works harder than 100% of the players in Tennessee. She is probably where she is today because of three things -- her natural ability, her work ethic, and luck/opportunity. There are probably many who have as much talent, and many (but not necessarily the same ones) who work as hard or harder. There are always people who have the gift, but don't have the drive to develop that gift. There are also many people who don't necessarily have any great gift, but give 150%, and are great to have on any team because they leave it all on the field. The issue of luck or opportunity? There are probably great players, who during the one real "shot", had a bad day, didn't feel well, etc. We can celebrate Kat's pulling all three of these together, and wish her well. Just be careful that in promoting one player, it isn't done at the expense of putting down others.

If you read my post I never said Kat worked harder than every player in TN. I said she works harder than "any player I have ever been around." Please get your facts correct before you start bashing what I said. I never downgraded other players at LA - all I stated was concerning Kat and how hard she works.

I can't comment on if Kat works harder than any other player in TN (I don't know all the players in TN - duh?), but all I do know is she puts a lot of time and effort in improving her skills. I know there are many wonderful players in TN and the points you and a few others stated about opportunity, $, etc. are right on the mark. I do know her parents are very supportive of her soccer schedule - which I know is a major factor for her continuing her future in soccer. I hope more players from TN can make it to the Regional and National team level.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Facts are facts - Kat has worked harder on her skills than any player I have ever been around - period.

Between high school, middle school, and club ball, I have probably seen thousands of girls (and boys) playing soccer. I intrepreted your "any player I have ever been around" to apply to all the players you might have been around. If you meant that she works harder than all of her LA teammates, ok. That is a much smaller group, and somebody might be qualified to make such a statement.

Again, I want to state that I have no problem with her, or her skill, having seen her play once before. My comments, here and before, were meant more as a general statement. If you picked some other girl (unnamed) on the U15 national team that has great skills and also played on her high school team, my comments could apply to her as well.

Good luck to all the girls who step on the field and try their best. May your skills take you as far as possible.

I intrepreted your "any player I have ever been around" to apply to all the players you might have been around. If you meant that she works harder than all of her LA teammates, ok. That is a much smaller group, and somebody might be qualified to make such a statement.

I understand what you thought I meant, but you misunderstood what my intentions were. Sorry for any confusion.

All I meant was she works harder on her skills, etc. than any player I have ever personally coached or trained with in my career. I would never presume that some other player I have never met, coached, or help train couldn't work harder than Kat. I think this topic is finished. I hope. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />