Grace Baptist @ Boyd Buc

reaction

There is a pretty big difference in these two football teams, and it showed Friday night. Boyd is much bigger, deeper, and has more talent.

That being said, I was very impressed with the Grace QB. I watched him in pre-game and I think he will be playing somewhere on Saturdays next year.

Somebody earlier mentioned numbers. Gilley ran for 159 and Beasley ran for 70 -- a lot of credit here goes to the offensive line, who totally dominated. The defense also played a very good game for Boyd.

On a side note, our starting offensive tackle went down with a knee injury with less than a minute to go in the game (although it probably is not serious). But -- why was he still in the game?? Being up by 24 on the last possession, every player on the Boyd side of the ball should have been 2nd team. Admittedly though, that's always been kind of a pet peeve of mine.

Good game Boyd.

Those numbers were at the half weren't they?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same ole grace cant stop the run. if they ever expect to beat teams like boyd, south pitt, etc., they gotta learn to STOP THE RUNNING GAME or at least slow it down. 200+ rushing yards is UNACCEPTABLE. i am very disappointed the final score in this game, thought it was going to be a close one. congrats to boyd with the win and an a+ to boyd's offensive line /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That is probably true.

However, there is a HUGE dropoff from 1st to send. Huge, massive really.

That is probably true.

However, there is a HUGE dropoff from 1st to send. Huge, massive really.

Maybe so but you have to look at how long Grace has had a football team? I think they are coming along well. Grace seems to do well in all sports and are getting better every year. Isn't that all you can ask for, DUDE?