Peabody @ Mckenzie

Rebel14

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you like defense you would have loved this one!!!! Both offenses moved the ball some in the middle of the field but, as they got closer to the Red Zone both stalled. Each offense got within field goal range one time. Peabody hit theirs, the Rebels missed theirs!!! The lone TD of the game was an interception of a Peabody pass by the Rebel secondary that was miraculously somehow returned to paydirt. It seemed like every player on Peabody's team had a shot at Johnson during that return. Then the Rebels pinned the Tide deep late in the game and caught the QB back in the end zone for a safety.

Trenton was somewhat plagued with turnovers but some of them they couldn't avoid because it was plain old good, solid hits from the Rebel D that caused them. At the same time the Rebels were plagued with penalties the entire night. Oddly, most of the penalties seemed to come on big offensive plays for the Rebs???? I'm sure that one of the refs being from Huntingdon had nothing to do with that!?

Congrats to both teams for a hard fought game and an all out effort tonight. Surely not the most exciting game I've ever seen but, tense right to the buzzer! Good luck to the Tide the rest of the season!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!

REBEL PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, if you like defense you would have loved this one!!!! Both offenses moved the ball some in the middle of the field but, as they got closer to the Red Zone both stalled. Each offense got within field goal range one time. Peabody hit theirs, the Rebels missed theirs!!! The lone TD of the game was an interception of a Peabody pass by the Rebel secondary that was miraculously somehow returned to paydirt. It seemed like every player on Peabody's team had a shot at Johnson during that return. Then the Rebels pinned the Tide deep late in the game and caught the QB back in the end zone for a safety.

Trenton was somewhat plagued with turnovers but some of them they couldn't avoid because it was plain old good, solid hits from the Rebel D that caused them. At the same time the Rebels were plagued with penalties the entire night. Oddly, most of the penalties seemed to come on big offensive plays for the Rebs???? I'm sure that one of the refs being from Huntingdon had nothing to do with that!?

Congrats to both teams for a hard fought game and an all out effort tonight. Surely not the most exciting game I've ever seen but, tense right to the buzzer! Good luck to the Tide the rest of the season!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!

REBEL PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice romanticism.

The safety was intentional in order for Peabody to try and get the ball back a little further up the field after an onside kick.

McKenzie could have put the game away early had they stayed with what they were doing in their first series. Why Coach Comer felt the need for change is anyone's guess. He had better not put his blinders on and get stubborn this week, or Union City will take advantage.

Nice romanticism.

McKenzie could have put the game away early had they stayed with what they were doing in their first series. Why Coach Comer felt the need for change is anyone's guess.

What makes you so sure Coach Comer changed his game plan? Unless you are some how close to the coaching staff I don't see how you would know for sure what Coach Comer was doing. Perhaps it was more of the fact that Trenton always plays McKenzie tough, maybe the fact that McKenzie had missed blocks, or perhaps it was the penalties on several of the big plays that hurt McKenzie.

Needless to say, one thing didn't result in McKenzie tough game, but rather multiple reasons, including the fact that Trenton is not a bad team.

He had better not put his blinders on and get stubborn this week, or Union City will take advantage.

Coach Comer doesn't under estimate anybody and he has a well qualified coaching staff to back him up. Him, his coaching staff, and players will be ready for Union City come Friday.

Nice romanticism.

The safety was intentional in order for Peabody to try and get the ball back a little further up the field after an onside kick.

McKenzie could have put the game away early had they stayed with what they were doing in their first series. Why Coach Comer felt the need for change is anyone's guess. He had better not put his blinders on and get stubborn this week, or Union City will take advantage.

Romanticism????? Now that's one word I've not seen on here before................congratulations!!

I don't doubt the safety being intentional. It's the only hope Trenton had at that time. No gold star for you on that one. The rest of my post pretty much parallels your rebuttal except that the Rebels stuck to their overall game plan it seemed to me throughout the game.

Just because Trenton USUALLY beats us, don't be a sore loser when it doesn't work out that way. There has always been a good relationship between McKenzie and Peabody as far as I know (and that goes pretty far back) so let's not spoil that with some sour grapes.

Bottom line is both teams came to play----it was a good, hard fought game between two determined teams where defense took the day!!! No call to try and take the thrill of the W away from the winner. Peabody lost.

Now Here Is Where I Differ In Opinion. The Safety Was Brilliant Strategy. Onside Kick It And Be Closer to The Goal. Simply Brilliant. Trenton's Coach Is A Gamer For Sure. In A Situation like That When Your Trying To Win A Game Can Be Misunderstood. And Your Either A Hero Or A Goat. And I Would Want My Coach To Think That Way As Well.