MTCS vs. Nashville Christian (9/12/08)

Cougar93

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MY BAD AND APOLOGIES. I have made those corrections. In checking the scores on Sunday Night, the site I went to had the wrong score up and thats what I went with. The corrections have been made.

You do have "Vandy" in your signature. We understand and can overlook it this time....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sincerely,

A UT fan /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

www.highschoolfootball.net

radio, you aren't bitter anymore about the game? ha, just kidding. Congratulations on the win last friday, good to see you guys got that monkey off your back, you have some good ball players down there...

as for this weeks game:

I think it will take a huge defensive effort for NCS to shut Dillon Wade down. The idea so far this year has been for them to pund him early, often, and always. If they can get another solid game (im thinking 25 carries for 150) and the defense plays like it is capable, then I see MTCS winning this game. Now if they shut down the run it will be interesting to see what the Cougars can do through the air and if Scot Bartilson can respond.

Should be fun.

I was also wondering if there was anywhere you could go to see like leading passers, rushers, tacklers, etc for the state or mid state area. I know through 2 games Devin Brunsvold already has 29 tackles and I wanted to see where that stood compared to others.

21-0 at the half...

Defense was on the field a lot in the first half though. Forced two turnovers, both turning into touchdowns. I thought Bartilson played a great first half, looked like the work with Coach Robbins is starting to show.

Now the 2nd half was different story: MTCS came out flat and looked like they thought the game was over. Although they did drive the ball on the opening drive after a 3 and out to start. Compton dropped a TD pass on 3rd down, then Bartilson made one of his weaker passes on 4th down that Chip Dunn was unable to come up with. The moment of the game was on their next drive after another stop where Bartilson threw a swing route that was intercepted and returned for a TD, from there on out the offense looked soft and shell shocked (this has to be fixed).

Defense played well, although it gave up a TD and allowed another one, that was called back. The defense had to been on the field to close to 3/4 of the 2nd half and you could see at the end. But they ended up holding NCS at the end and getting the one first down to take a knee for the third straight week.

28-14 Final

MTCS Scoring:

1st Qtr- Eric Compton Pass from Scot Bartilson

2nd Qtr- Dillon Wade Run

2nd Qtr- Nathan Coats Pass from Bartilson

3rd Qtr- Chip Dunn Pass from Bartilson

I know #30 and #40 scored for NCS just dont have names...

I think MTCS was about 3 TD better and it wont show up on paper because of the way NCS ran the ball and controlled clock. 3-0 is nice especially heading into this stretch of the season. The next two weeks will really show were this team is at.

Most players would rather you not use names on here---they don't need the pressure. The media can give plenty of exposure without people on here pointing out who dropped a pass, etc. If u notice, everyone else is a lot more vague and generic in their descriptions.....Thanks and go Cougars

21-0 at the half...

Defense was on the field a lot in the first half though. Forced two turnovers, both turning into touchdowns. I thought Bartilson played a great first half, looked like the work with Coach Robbins is starting to show.

Now the 2nd half was different story: MTCS came out flat and looked like they thought the game was over. Although they did drive the ball on the opening drive after a 3 and out to start. Compton dropped a TD pass on 3rd down, then Bartilson made one of his weaker passes on 4th down that Chip Dunn was unable to come up with. The moment of the game was on their next drive after another stop where Bartilson threw a swing route that was intercepted and returned for a TD, from there on out the offense looked soft and shell shocked (this has to be fixed).

Defense played well, although it gave up a TD and allowed another one, that was called back. The defense had to been on the field to close to 3/4 of the 2nd half and you could see at the end. But they ended up holding NCS at the end and getting the one first down to take a knee for the third straight week.

28-14 Final

MTCS Scoring:

1st Qtr- Eric Compton Pass from Scot Bartilson

2nd Qtr- Dillon Wade Run

2nd Qtr- Nathan Coats Pass from Bartilson

3rd Qtr- Chip Dunn Pass from Bartilson

I know #30 and #40 scored for NCS just dont have names...

I think MTCS was about 3 TD better and it wont show up on paper because of the way NCS ran the ball and controlled clock. 3-0 is nice especially heading into this stretch of the season. The next two weeks will really show were this team is at.