Lancaster Christian @ David Brainerd. Predictions?

jwg

You are correct, comparing those few athletes on DB to college/NFL is over the top.

However, why would you be talking about gameplan of your team? I doubt that will happen, it takes longer then a week to change from a wing offense to a spread.

I'm pretty sure the person who said that meant except for on a college or NFL team....that would be absurd to compare anyone on any 1 A high school team to a college or NFL team and they can't be stopped

Yea that's pretty crazy to change your offense to a passing offense the week before you play whose greatest weakness this season so far has been the run....especially when I would say the corners on DBCS team are probably some of it's better defensive players? being #2 and #21 #2 being a college prospect?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure the person who said that meant except for on a college or NFL team....that would be absurd to compare anyone on any 1 A high school team to a college or NFL team and they can't be stopped

Yea that's pretty crazy to change your offense to a passing offense the week before you play whose greatest weakness this season so far has been the run....especially when I would say the corners on DBCS team are probably some of it's better defensive players? being #2 and #21 #2 being a college prospect?

what's the mid-south football conference....by the way, on LCA's website and I happened to notice y'all are in the lead of it? is it this thing?http://www.midsouthfootball.com/

Yes it's a conference that was put together with teams who weren't already in a TSSAA conference. We play each other and have a regular season champion. That will all change next year when we enter TSSAA. The site hasn't been updated in a while but I think it will be going away next year or at least we probably won't be in it.

As for the spread, I have seen Coach Greene do some pretty amazing things with these kids. They adapt well to changes in the offense. I wouldn't be surprised if he mixed in some spread this week. But I don't know how well the line can protect.

I know the team is worried about DBCS and have great respect for you guys. They are also a concerned about your QB and both your wideouts. Plus your RB is quick and effective. With the way you played last year and this year you have only gotten better. It's going to be a tough game. My prediction is mostly wishful thinking.

You know graider1976, I've been reading your comments in this thread, and I'm sure you think you are calling it like you see it, but your ignorance may have a way of coming back to haunt you. Calling DB 'terrible in years past' may be true in your mind, but how do you know? Had you ever seen DB play until last year? Bad mouthing your own coach (humiliating the defensive coordinator/).. not a good thing to do..... Now, saying some middle school teams could give DB a run for their money? You just don't know when to stop the ignorance. High school rankings in the state of TN are crazy. The only ones that even are close are the top 5 or 10 teams. Several years back, I think I was probably in your shoes... a small, start up program, thinking we were better than we really were (just like you).... I learned my lesson, and you will to. Just like you said in a previous post, LCA has absolutely nothing to lose (that tells me a lot about the state of your program).... keep up the posts, they are quite entertaining!

Actually I do know for sure that DBCS was terrible in the past because I watched film and it was bad. And I am ignorant??? Saying that NFL and college teams are the only one that could beat DBCS, quit drinking the Kool-Aid because DBCS is a middle of the road program that is a couple of players away from being awful again. DBCS beat a bad Sunbright team and got waxed by Lookout Valley. SO before you guys hop into the SEC or AFC South, take the green pill with Neo and get back into reality. You have a small private school football team with a small enrollment. Come out to Rutherford County and play some of these public schools. We'll see if you are ready to take on teams at the college level. Get a life.

You are correct, comparing those few athletes on DB to college/NFL is over the top.

However, why would you be talking about gameplan of your team? I doubt that will happen, it takes longer then a week to change from a wing offense to a spread.

I just overheard someone down at the Waffle House talking about it. But I don't know if it's true or not. I wouldn't put it past ol' Coach Greene he's very unpredictable when it comes to his offense.

I just overheard someone down at the Waffle House talking about it. But I don't know if it's true or not. I wouldn't put it past ol' Coach Greene he's very unpredictable when it comes to his offense.

I have no idea what Coach is thinking, but the rumors are true. I talked to a couple of our wide outs today and we have installed a modified shotgun spread. Apparently, Coach Greene sees something in the 4-4 he thinks he can exploit by throwing the ball down the field.

I hope this doesn't backfire on us, but as the t-shirts say "In Ray We Trust." (Who doesn't like a coach with the moxy to make that his team slogan!? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> )

Actually I do know for sure that DBCS was terrible in the past because I watched film and it was bad. And I am ignorant??? Saying that NFL and college teams are the only one that could beat DBCS, quit drinking the Kool-Aid because DBCS is a middle of the road program that is a couple of players away from being awful again. DBCS beat a bad Sunbright team and got waxed by Lookout Valley. SO before you guys hop into the SEC or AFC South, take the green pill with Neo and get back into reality. You have a small private school football team with a small enrollment. Come out to Rutherford County and play some of these public schools. We'll see if you are ready to take on teams at the college level. Get a life.

It's like Grimm's Fairy Tales up in this whip with all the dreaming that's going on. Hey Sleeping Beauty aka DB02, wake up and smell the mediocrity!!!!

Who cares if you support your school?? Lancaster people talk just as much as everyone else does. How come DBCS people can't be crazy about their school. Who gets on here and says " Man, my team is terrible and I am embarassed to go to school there!"

Yeah, I smell the mediocrity but if only great teams played football then only Maryville, South Pittsburgh and Alcoa would play. In the words of Herm Edwards, " You play to win the game!" Why shouldn't you believe that your team will win every game they play. If you didn't believe in them then you wouldn't go to the game and watch.

How many players does LCA have playing in college? DBCS has two. So they obviously weren't that bad in the past. DBCS might be 309 in the state but who cares? Do you have to be in the top 10 to support your team or talk smack?

BTW, how many college teams play high school football in Rutherford County?

Who cares if you support your school?? Lancaster people talk just as much as everyone else does. How come DBCS people can't be crazy about their school. Who gets on here and says " Man, my team is terrible and I am embarassed to go to school there!"

Yeah, I smell the mediocrity but if only great teams played football then only Maryville, South Pittsburgh and Alcoa would play. In the words of Herm Edwards, " You play to win the game!" Why shouldn't you believe that your team will win every game they play. If you didn't believe in them then you wouldn't go to the game and watch.

How many players does LCA have playing in college? DBCS has two. So they obviously weren't that bad in the past. DBCS might be 309 in the state but who cares? Do you have to be in the top 10 to support your team or talk smack?

BTW, how many college teams play high school football in Rutherford County?

OK let me try to address your post, you jump around more than a cricket on speed. Nobody knocked DBCS for supporting their school. I was called ignorant in this thread after I responded to DBCS fans saying that nobody could beat their team unless they were college or NFL. As a matter of fact, Vandy and Miss State are recruiting and LCA player right now. Oh by the way, you don't have to be stellar to play college football. God Bless

I was talking about stopping the receivers. THE RECEIVERS, not the whole team. Look at those stats again and tell me they stopped the pass game.

ok wow i'm pretty much not understanding this whole thread....nobody ever said anything about our team or receivers not being able to be stopped by an NFL team or college team....from what i gathered he said nobody except for an NFL team or college team could stop our receivers and, i don't believe that....but anyways...yea i'm freaking major with biscuits on this thread....we love our guys and we're going to support them and then when do...people are like OMG YOU'RE AN IDIOT, DBCS stinks MONKEY SCRATCHITS.....well that may be so...but we beat your team last year and yes we did lose to lookout valley...we also have less than 100 students in our school to pull from...so with 100 students and 28 of those play football...let's see 1/4 of our student body is on the team? are you kidding me? we're going up against much bigger schools with a much bigger pool to pull talent from so, with all due respect...GO DBCS WILDCATS, I HOPE YOU WIN EVERY GAME FOR THE REST OF THIS SEASON AND SHOW EVERYBODY JUST WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF....now to prevent myself from being made to look like a fool I'm going to go ahead and pre-say what everyone is going to say to me...

1)what the heck is a scratchit

2)no one is saying you can't root for your team

3)oh i'm sorry i totally misread the initial post and want to apologize for beating with a baseball bat over the head for comparing your team to an NFL or college team even when you didn't (this one is probably just wishful thinking)

4)you're crazy if you think dbcs is going to win every game

5)you only have 100 students in the high school?

6)you only have 28 players?

7)you make no sense at all with your response so i'm going to completely change the subject and talk about something else concerning this game

8)you didn't read this response at all

9)you're wondering how many more of these I can come up with (4 or 5)

10)you're going to completely disregard this and talk about how coach blue thinks he can demolish david brainerd defense by using a spread offense when he could probably do it anyways with his regular offense

11)yes you did compare your team to the AFC south (go titans, by the way)

12)this whole post is getting completely ridiculous

13)this game is going to be a lot of fun to watch, lots of completely unneccesary build up between two non-conference opponents

14)random score prediction

15)new score prediction

ok i'm done....please before you post anything, read all of my post and make sure I have not already covered what you are going to say. if you have anything new to add please go ahead /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

....DBCS stinks MONKEY SCRATCHITS.....

That's awesome! I've never heard that before. It's great to support your team but when someone says something outlandish like it would take a College or NFL team to stop your skill position players they have to expect a little "are you kidding me" flack back at them.

I've told you Brainerd is a great team for their size. And athlete for athlete they are better than LCA. However there has to be some hint of reality. I mean making the statement "I have a great team" and saying "that I have the best team in Tennessee" are 2 different ways to support a team. One is realistic and the other is foolish. So when foolish statements are made even though they are disguised as "support" will clearly deserve some negative feedback.

LCA plays in Rutherford County and there is no way we would come out this year and say we would beat Smyrna, Lavergne, Seigal, Oakland, Blackmun, or Riverdale because that would be a foolish statement. But saying something like "one day we will play with those teams" is a realistic statement.

It's also realistic to say that LCA is going to win a close game beating DBCS at their own game. Quick scores on deep passes.