Oct 12th, Presbyterian College HOME

Oct 19th, Newberry College

Oct 26th, Carson-Newman

Nov. 2, Catawaba College HOME

Nov. 9, Lenoir-Ryne College HOME

Nov. 16, Mars Hill College

[Edited by panfan on 9-9-02 5:52P]

• 2 weeks later...

I was in the hospital in Greeneville this afternoon and ran into a TC football player from Dalton Ga (sorry didn't get his name). He told me that he was a freshman OL and that they had bunches more (no definite number there). Now this was someone who probably won't play, but has to be 6'7" and weigh around 320. Big kid! What I was getting to is the quantity of players on the team, he said there were over 100 practicing this week, and more than 25 more due to arrive Monday! Isn't this unusual for such a small school? :D

IE,

This is not as unusual as you might think. Maryville, Cumberland, Tusculum, and probably Carson Newman are all "small" schools that have over 100 on the roster. I would imagine Sewanee and Rhodes have around 70 or more. Small schools like these often depend on athletes for dorm students. As far as the size of the kid, Tusculum is a very high quality DII program and should be expected to have some very big lineman and very athletic specialty guys.

Posted by panfan:

IE,

This is not as unusual as you might think. Maryville, Cumberland, Tusculum, and probably Carson Newman are all "small" schools that have over 100 on the roster. I would imagine Sewanee and Rhodes have around 70 or more. Small schools like these often depend on athletes for dorm students. As far as the size of the kid, Tusculum is a very high quality DII program and should be expected to have some very big lineman and very athletic specialty guys.

I guess it's hard for me to believe considering Tusculum has only had a football team a short time (this go around). I am constantly amazed by their performance and facilities.

I attended ETSU and honestly don't remember seeing that many player practicing (may not have seen them all at a time). Also, during the Rose Bowl last year the commentators were talking about the size of the teams, Miami 100+, and Nebraska 200+. I guess hearing that Tusculum had that many just came as a surprise. Thanks for the info though. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...