Sequoyah (0-3,0-1) & Notre Dame (1-3,1-1)

Sequoyah SID

Yes, we definitely need to find something that works on offense, and I don't think it should be any of the offenses we are currently running. We need something new, a spark to get this team excited. Something that does not require a very good O-line, cause the fact is they are not very good, and I hope we make some changes along the front this week.

Sequoyah has a good enough offensive front. The QB is a smart player able of making plays. Wings and FB are more that adequate. The biggest weakness is at wide reciever where I think there are some young guys playing. And you can not coach size. I do know one thing for sure and from experience. You better decide on the scheme, the scheme needs to fit the skill of the players you have and you better stick with it. Not sure about what happened Friday night cause no one has said anything about the x's and o's of the game. There is still time to make this a pretty good season at Sequoyah. Like I said, Wiggins is a good coach with smart players who will do what they are coached to do. It is very difficult to "out coach " the Irish. The other factor is so much energy and emotion went into the Central game, it is hard to match that intensity two weeks in a row. The coaching staff has got to find the switch to get the kids to play hard the rest of the year. Still lots of opportunuty!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

POUND THE ROCK

That didn't work out to well did it. I think it is time we all admit our O-line just is not good enough to POUND THE ROCK. They could not block a defensive front they outweighed by 40-50 LBS, and never blocked the middle LB, who by the way Notre Dame fans #7 played a well of a game definitely the heart of your defense. The FB in the I formation is too slow constantly got in way. I think there was a combined total of 6 either unsportmanslike or pass interference calls on seniors who should show more discipline than that.

Our # 57 played good on defense 7-8 tackles and 2 fumble recoveries.

How CoachT allows you to get on here and run down kids(not good enough, to slow) is a mystery to me(these are 15,16,17 year old kids) remember???. If you were at the game and you call that pounding the rock, you don't have a clue. There is a reason the Mike backer went un-blocked some and it has nothing to do with the kids. Before you put it on the kids you might just want to find out a few things first. Those are GREAT GREAT KIDS and they ARE PLENTY GOOD ENOUGH. You took ND to OT last year, (just the third game for a new offense), they lose 13 seniors we lose 2 , you average almost 300 yard/game rushing with the same group of lineman back and they are not good enough????? When the play calling puts that team in bad down and distance situations it will continually be hard for them to win. You have it second and 6, throw it incomplete now you have it third and 6 and it is a lot harder to convert. That is not pounding the rock. The defense is playing so much better. Dean Williams and Brenda (I forgot they don't come to games they just hire coaches), Mike Lowery and a handful of vengeful parents should have had to look those kids in the eye Friday night. Alas none of them,,,, ZERO, were anywhere to be found. I hate it for the kids. Keep playing hard Chiefs.

Sequoyah has a good enough offensive front. The QB is a smart player able of making plays. Wings and FB are more that adequate. The biggest weakness is at wide reciever where I think there are some young guys playing. And you can not coach size. I do know one thing for sure and from experience. You better decide on the scheme, the scheme needs to fit the skill of the players you have and you better stick with it. Not sure about what happened Friday night cause no one has said anything about the x's and o's of the game. There is still time to make this a pretty good season at Sequoyah. Like I said, Wiggins is a good coach with smart players who will do what they are coached to do. It is very difficult to "out coach " the Irish. The other factor is so much energy and emotion went into the Central game, it is hard to match that intensity two weeks in a row. The coaching staff has got to find the switch to get the kids to play hard the rest of the year. Still lots of opportunuty!

Warhorse give me a call at the office.