Rhea @ Brainerd

BackValleyRally

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the scouting report look like Rhea Co?

Yeap, well Brianerd had an off week last week so they will be well rested coming into this critical region game. Brainerd has not won yet, so they will be extremely hungry for a win. Brainerd is very young and inexperienced. Only 3 starters return on offense, 4 starters on defense, and 3 total seniors. Offense for Brainerd is the spread and their defense is a 4-3 base. Key players to watch for Brainerd; they have some big threats in the backfield. Darius Chalk junior (6'1 240) fullback. He is big and he is fast. Anthony Broom steps up as QB. Broom can run, but he hasn't proven himself as a passer yet. If Broom does throw it he has a very big target in Jermaine Williams at 6'5 and Williams has good speed. Josh Wells is another running back that could get some playing time but he is a better safety. Brainerd has a few running backs that they can sub in. Brainerd's lines have been the weakest part of there team, and the reason why they are losing. Defense wise Chalk (LB), Wells (S), and Jamaine Jeter (C/LB) look to be the players to watch on the field friday.

Brainerd overall is way down from the last few years. They have allowed 119 and only scored 26 total out of 3 games.

The key for Rhea is to keep the momentum going. Rhea's defense is going to have to contain Brainerd 's backs and receivers. Get after Broom and get to him all night. The offense is just going to keep doing what they do. With big plays but also smart plays, and hold on to the football. Just got come out take care of business. This Brainerd team came to our house and humiliated us last year. It is time to repay the favor.

Hard-fought game last week. Eagles definately came to play ball. Play-calling was aggressive and effective on offense, which was nice. Passing game looked great.

Note to PR Guy, after "opening my eyes", I am going to "open my mouth" and tell you that we did go to 4 and in some cases 5 defensive linemen to stop the run. The result? We stopped the run. Who would have thunk it? These things happen when you're not outnumbered up front. The defensive line changes early in the game made Soddy one-dimensional late in the game. Here's to hoping this doesn't change.

PR Guy, I have not made personal attacks on coaches here (as others have), I have simply pointed out bad decisions. In this case, I have pointed out good decisions. They just happen to be what I've been saying for quite some time now... Take it or leave it.

Go Eagles.

Hard-fought game last week. Eagles definately came to play ball. Play-calling was aggressive and effective on offense, which was nice. Passing game looked great.

Note to PR Guy, after "opening my eyes", I am going to "open my mouth" and tell you that we did go to 4 and in some cases 5 defensive linemen to stop the run. The result? We stopped the run. Who would have thunk it? These things happen when you're not outnumbered up front. The defensive line changes early in the game made Soddy one-dimensional late in the game. Here's to hoping this doesn't change.

PR Guy, I have not made personal attacks on coaches here (as others have), I have simply pointed out bad decisions. In this case, I have pointed out good decisions. They just happen to be what I've been saying for quite some time now... Take it or leave it.

Go Eagles.

Yeah I can accept that. As for the 4 man front, you made it sound like we never run 4 man fronts. I know the 4 man fronts were only added to the playbook just this year, but they have been used all 3 games. Yes, there is going to be bad and good decisions, that's just part of it.

Now that is all out of the way. Let's go beat Brainerd.

Here's a suggestion: How about this week Rhea County either a) sends the play in with a subsitution; or /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> comes up with some signals so Cameron Tallent doesn't have to run to the sideline EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

Good call. This would also prevent the offense from delay of game penalties. Not to mention the fact that it would allow for a quicker tempo offense, if needed.

Here's a suggestion: How about this week Rhea County either a) sends the play in with a subsitution; or /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> comes up with some signals so Cameron Tallent doesn't have to run to the sideline EVERY SINGLE PLAY.

To bad they don't allow the radios in the helmets yet in high school.