Rhea @ Brainerd

BackValleyRally

I, for one, liked the black jerseys every once in a while to switch it up. I would love to see some type of throw backs though. Kelly green with the REAL Gold. Maybe some gray pants with green and gold stripes down the sides. I don't understand why we took the wings off the helmets a few years back. I thought they looked great. A few years ago when we broke out the white on white with those wings, I thought we had some of the best looking uniforms I've seen on a high school team. Especially the teams around here.

Golden Bird how about you "grow up" and learn to respect other peoples opinions. We do support the Eagles and we want to see this program be successful.

As for the records, I think that AJ has the ability to break any record he wants to break if he gets the ball in his hands. I agree with what coach Fitzgerald said in the paper that he is playing as good as any receiver in the state. I don't see Tallent continuing to have the amount of success he has had, just because the level of competition is about to drastically rise. (It'll be interesting to see how he handles the speed of Brainerd.) If AJ can continue to make big things happen off that bubble screen play, then it will really help out Tallent's stats.

I think that Davis and AJ are the two real threats to be record beaters this year.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, for one, liked the black jerseys every once in a while to switch it up. I would love to see some type of throw backs though. Kelly green with the REAL Gold. Maybe some gray pants with green and gold stripes down the sides. I don't understand why we took the wings off the helmets a few years back. I thought they looked great. A few years ago when we broke out the white on white with those wings, I thought we had some of the best looking uniforms I've seen on a high school team. Especially the teams around here.

Golden Bird how about you "grow up" and learn to respect other peoples opinions. We do support the Eagles and we want to see this program be successful.

As for the records, I think that AJ has the ability to break any record he wants to break if he gets the ball in his hands. I agree with what coach Fitzgerald said in the paper that he is playing as good as any receiver in the state. I don't see Tallent continuing to have the amount of success he has had, just because the level of competition is about to drastically rise. (It'll be interesting to see how he handles the speed of Brainerd.) If AJ can continue to make big things happen off that bubble screen play, then it will really help out Tallent's stats.

I think that Davis and AJ are the two real threats to be record beaters this year.

Goldenbird grow up? Are you kidding me? I know for a fact who he is, and I know that he bled green and gold in his days at RCHS. He is no longer in RC because he is coaching and teaching in Knoxville. He is an awesome person, who, like everyone else, chooses to share his opinion on here. And I remember, from years past, that he has always mentioned the glory fish sandwiches that you can get at Brainerd. I have personally heard him talk about these and have also heard the coaches talk about them too. He is just having a little fun, as we all should be. He supports the boys in green and gold, just like we all do.

As far as tomorrow night goes, I hope our boys can run with these boys. I know they are going to be fast, they always are. If they (Brainerd) plays together, they have the potential to beat just about anybody (case and point-couple years ago at Maryville). I think our boys can handle them. We just have to hold on to the football. And as the game progresses and Brainerd starts to get tired (and possibly mouthy), we have to maintain our composure and play our game. We cannot let them play theirs.

Rhea 28 Brainerd 21

Goldenbird grow up? Are you kidding me? I know for a fact who he is, and I know that he bled green and gold in his days at RCHS. He is no longer in RC because he is coaching and teaching in Knoxville. He is an awesome person, who, like everyone else, chooses to share his opinion on here. And I remember, from years past, that he has always mentioned the glory fish sandwiches that you can get at Brainerd. I have personally heard him talk about these and have also heard the coaches talk about them too. He is just having a little fun, as we all should be. He supports the boys in green and gold, just like we all do.

As far as tomorrow night goes, I hope our boys can run with these boys. I know they are going to be fast, they always are. If they (Brainerd) plays together, they have the potential to beat just about anybody (case and point-couple years ago at Maryville). I think our boys can handle them. We just have to hold on to the football. And as the game progresses and Brainerd starts to get tired (and possibly mouthy), we have to maintain our composure and play our game. We cannot let them play theirs.

Rhea 28 Brainerd 21

Now hold on...

The reason why I told him to "grow up" was because he said that those people who have lost their faith in the coaches should do just that. So, in our defense, I told him to "grow up" and learn to respect others opinions. There is absolutely no reason why I should not be able to think critically and formulate my own opinion about the coaching situation. I don't need a person telling me to grow up because my opinion isn't the same as theirs.

Back to the game.

I think our offense is slow out the gates, and struggles passing the ball early, but as the game goes on our running game opens up. I look for both Moffet and Rice to have big nights.

It is really hard to come up with a prediction on the score, based on the fact that I'm not sure how good Soddy really was. So far the Eagles have had two mediocre performances two weak teams, and one great performance against a supposedly good team. Like BackValley said, If Brainerd shows up to play then they can play with anyone. I don't think it's a blow out, but I see Rhea winning by 14 in a game that never was really a contest. Hopefully we blow them out and get some revenge for what they did last year at our house.

Okay here's a real topic for discussion (instead of bickering): What other Rhea County records do you think will be broken this season? If A.J. Brown keeps averaging six catches a game, Mike Kinney's 41 pass receptions for the season, set in 1989, will be toast. Also, Jacob Moffett has scored 32 points on the year. Any chance he could challenge Alonzo Banks' 140 points scored in a 1977? And not to put the horse before the cart, but Cameron Tallent's averaging 12.3 completions a game. If he can stay on pace, he should pass Ryan Sharpe's 1998 record of 117 completions. Can Josh Davis pass Andy Kelly's fabled highest punting average of 44.1 yards in 1985? Right now he's averaging 42.1 yards a punt after three games (according to my stats). Will the boys be able to keep up these kinds of numbers when they face the tougher side of their schedule (McMinn, Walker Valley, Cleveland, Red Bank)?Any thoughts?

I think all of those records could fall, but breaking Alonzo's record is going to a tough one to break. Cam has the tools to get the job done, and I believe he can do it. I wonder if he could break Calab's record somewhere down the road. A.J. does have the best shot at breaking Kinney's record. Josh also has a great shot he just needs to keep booming punts. The competition dosn't get any easier from here on out, so just got to wait and see what happens. I really want to see them get this win against Brainerd. This is Brainerd's homecoming too, so lets give them a nice beating. I think this would be the first time since 1988 that a Rhea Co. team would start 4-0 if they get the win.

I think our offense is slow out the gates, and struggles passing the ball early, but as the game goes on our running game opens up. I look for both Moffet and Rice to have big nights.

It is really hard to come up with a prediction on the score, based on the fact that I'm not sure how good Soddy really was. So far the Eagles have had two mediocre performances two weak teams, and one great performance against a supposedly good team. Like BackValley said, If Brainerd shows up to play then they can play with anyone. I don't think it's a blow out, but I see Rhea winning by 14 in a game that never was really a contest. Hopefully we blow them out and get some revenge for what they did last year at our house.

Rice is due to have a big game. He has impressed me alot with his progression as a player. He is blocking really well, and when he gets the ball, he is picking up some good yardage too.

I like the black jerseys too. That would be pretty cool to see a throw back uniform. The wings did look good. I love the new eagle talons, that they have on the helmet this year, and the new eagle head on the helmet is starting to grow on me too.

Let's hope the boys keep having the type of success they've had in the first few weeks. AJ is scary on the field. That one handed catch last week was a play I won't be forgetting anytime soon. I think he can go onto break Cory Wilson's record and Mike Kinney's. Davis can punt the heck out of the ball too.

I'm all for bringing back the wings too! The black jerseys were alright, but I just didn't think we looked good in them last year. Something just wasn't right about it. We looked like Vanderbilt.

A good win for Rhea County tomorrow night, but closer than the experts think.

Well after spending alittle time with Moffett this afternoon. He told me that nothing has changed, he got a letter from Maryville College, but that is it. He would like to go to Marshall if he gets the chance.

Moffett is a tough kid but at his size and lack of explosiveness I don't see him going D-1 and the rumors of georgia tech looking at him is just really hard to believe. I am anxious to see if he is going to be durable enough to even make it through this season because as everyone knows the mighty eagles have not faced anyone with speed or

really big hitters but it's coming.I hope the best for the Eagles but I'm also a realist.

Lets just get behind our coaches and team and go beat Brainerd.I would also like to say that was a nice little move putting 77 out at OT for Revis.When is Revis expected back?

FYI #77 IS JOSH WALKER AND HE IS ALSO A D-1 PROSPECT THAT IS GOING TO MTSU. EVERYONE PRAISES REVIS WHILE INFACT WALKER IS MORE IMPRESSIVE IN MY OPINION.HE MAY NOT BE GOING TO THE ALMIGHTY UT CAMPUS BUT THE KID IS FOR REAL.