RICHLAND at EAST HICKMAN ( HOMECOMING)

1MEANnEASTIEboy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was embarrasing.....and made it worst.on East Homecoming, East could of won that game,if they had a Q-back. 5 picks......( 2 for touchdowns) ,negative rushing, . Recievers were open.....wide open, horrible passes,and running the same play ( quarterback keep) over and over and over and over.. .. # 22 is the real running back who will get yardage, but he was not used like he should have been...... he was used as a blocker more than a runner, and the Q back ( if you want to call him that) got triped up in the backfield seems like eveytime, but they kept running the play same play over and over..... I figured some common sense would be used and change things up after the half.. but it got worse.I really felt sorry for those boys...... I really thought that this New caoch was going to start a good program, this is bad.real bad. I hope East finds thier way, those boys deserve better than that.

That was embarrasing.....and made it worst.on East Homecoming, East could of won that game,if they had a Q-back. 5 picks......( 2 for touchdowns) ,negative rushing, . Recievers were open.....wide open, horrible passes,and running the same play ( quarterback keep) over and over and over and over.. .. # 22 is the real running back who will get yardage, but he was not used like he should have been...... he was used as a blocker more than a runner, and the Q back ( if you want to call him that) got triped up in the backfield seems like eveytime, but they kept running the play same play over and over..... I figured some common sense would be used and change things up after the half.. but it got worse.I really felt sorry for those boys...... I really thought that this New caoch was going to start a good program, this is bad.real bad. I hope East finds thier way, those boys deserve better than that.

Centervilleballer,

Wow...what a post. I can tell by your obvious knowledge of the game of football and your overall mastery of the English language and correct grammar that you are quite an intellectual giant. It is easy to pay your six bucks, climb to the top of the bleachers, and proceed to second guess every call and strategic move made during a game. I'll bet that you are one of those guys who didn't even play high school football, but yet you excell at "Madden '08" and therefore know it all...but I digress.

I appreciate the fact that you "felt sorry for these boys," so much so that you were willing to get on here and rip their quarterback and his every effort to help his team succeed. No one has labeled him a division 1 prospect at that position, but I will assure you of this, he has enough courage AND character to play a position that his coaches have asked him to play because they feel that he is the best MAN for the position. I will agree that #22 is a solid football player and does a fine job when called upon. As for the coaches, I would hazard to guess that you don't know any of the men who are coaching this team, if you did, you would know the type of program they are trying to establish and it goes deeper than just a win-loss record. It must be such a difficult task with such loyal supporters like you.

Well, in closing, I know that everyone is entitled to their opinion and that, of course, includes you.

Let me give you mine. If you really want to see their program succeed, please don't "support" them by getting on here and posting how embarassing their last performance was. Instead, why don't you put down the X-Box controller, get in the kitchen, make some brownies for a bake sale, and donate the proceeds to their football program.

--Steve

A-M-E-N............................ Steve

Centervilleballer, if you are a grown man: Before you throw some high school kid under the bus for giving his best effort for the team, maybe you should call out some of the kids who quit and put him in that position. If you are a high school kid yourself, maybe you should go pick up a set of pads and give it a shot.

I was in the stands Friday and I thought that the kids played hard, it just didn't go their way, but it will with time and the support of the community. This is a young program and it will get there it just takes patience and hard work. Instead of people hiding behind a screen name and bashing players and coaches, maybe you should show up, be a face and roll up your sleeves and see what you can do to help.

The way I see it, it should work like this:

1. Let the coaches coach: The administration can make the decision if they are qualified to lead the program or not. If you are going to base your judgment on wins and losses then you have made your first mistake. You better hire and retain coaches that develop young men.

2. Let the players play: If you are a player, listen to your coaches and work hard every day you will get better and experience success in life and on the field. If you are on here hiding behind a screen name stirring the pot, may your coaches run you until you can't type any longer. I f you are not a player go get yourself a set of pads and suit up-find out what you are made of.

3. Let the parents support: Be your childs biggest fan and your teams biggest supporter, find out what you can do to help the players and coaches realize their goals. If you think that you would make a good coach, quit your day job get a degree, buy a whistle and become an educator and shaper of young peoples lives-find out what you are made of.

4. Let the fans cheer: pay your hard earned money for a ticket, relive your glory days, but don't sit in the stands or get on here and tell everybody else how it should be done- see #2 and #3.

Our community and our team is more successful when we all pull on the same end of the rope.

Centervilleballer,

Wow...what a post. I can tell by your obvious knowledge of the game of football and your overall mastery of the English language and correct grammar that you are quite an intellectual giant. It is easy to pay your six bucks, climb to the top of the bleachers, and proceed to second guess every call and strategic move made during a game. I'll bet that you are one of those guys who didn't even play high school football, but yet you excell at "Madden '08" and therefore know it all...but I digress.

I appreciate the fact that you "felt sorry for these boys," so much so that you were willing to get on here and rip their quarterback and his every effort to help his team succeed. No one has labeled him a division 1 prospect at that position, but I will assure you of this, he has enough courage AND character to play a position that his coaches have asked him to play because they feel that he is the best MAN for the position. I will agree that #22 is a solid football player and does a fine job when called upon. As for the coaches, I would hazard to guess that you don't know any of the men who are coaching this team, if you did, you would know the type of program they are trying to establish and it goes deeper than just a win-loss record. It must be such a difficult task with such loyal supporters like you.

Well, in closing, I know that everyone is entitled to their opinion and that, of course, includes you.

Let me give you mine. If you really want to see their program succeed, please don't "support" them by getting on here and posting how embarassing their last performance was. Instead, why don't you put down the X-Box controller, get in the kitchen, make some brownies for a bake sale, and donate the proceeds to their football program.

--Steve

Well welcome Mr. first time poster, from reading this it appears you are a Coach of this team,or have very close ties . Thats nice to be defensive of your position, I was not at the game, but heard that it played out just as earlier posted. Nobody from your team has called in the stats to the Tennessean as all the other teams do, so the actual numbers are never known ? why is this? . I dont think any of your players Courage or Character was in question, it takes some real guts to get your heads kicked in each and every game and get back off the ground and do it again , then get dogged on all week in practice. Only to see skilled players drop out or get kicked off every week,because they just cant take it anymore. I really think there is some serious "ego" issues here, If you are concerned about a player being called out, there is strong facts circulating the coach( not all the coaches ,THE COACH) has now began to call out his few remaining players ,taking the frustrations of the outcome on his players, and shift the blame to some of the these kids. That is crossing the line, I think it is going to be addressed real soon. I am not from East, My team has suffered as well in the past .But it has never got to this low of a point. You cant make the fans happy with wins/losses but you can motivate and encourage your players and try to get the best from them. A different approach needs to be looked at. Again these are all opinions, no feelings are trying to be hurt, If your feelings are hurt....please dont post.

Centervilleballer,

--Steve

I would say your a coach too. Very few supporters left in the stands and on the field. Please tell me........what type of program are they trying to establish?

Well welcome Mr. first time poster, from reading this it appears you are a Coach of this team,or have very close ties . Thats nice to be defensive of your position, I was not at the game, but heard that it played out just as earlier posted. Nobody from your team has called in the stats to the Tennessean as all the other teams do, so the actual numbers are never known ? why is this? . I dont think any of your players Courage or Character was in question, it takes some real guts to get your heads kicked in each and every game and get back off the ground and do it again , then get dogged on all week in practice. Only to see skilled players drop out or get kicked off every week,because they just cant take it anymore. I really think there is some serious "ego" issues here, If you are concerned about a player being called out, there is strong facts circulating the coach( not all the coaches ,THE COACH) has now began to call out his few remaining players ,taking the frustrations of the outcome on his players, and shift the blame to some of the these kids. That is crossing the line, I think it is going to be addressed real soon. I am not from East, My team has suffered as well in the past .But it has never got to this low of a point. You cant make the fans happy with wins/losses but you can motivate and encourage your players and try to get the best from them. A different approach needs to be looked at. Again these are all opinions, no feelings are trying to be hurt, If your feelings are hurt....please dont post.

Allow me to respond.

First, I'm not a coach, just someone close to the school. I assure you that my feelings are not hurt. I'm just sick of reading these boards and seeing individuals ripping on 15, 16, and 17 year-olds for going out and doing their best each and every week. Maybe Centervilleballer is one of these kids who is frustrated with the outcome of last Friday's game. If this is the case, then I can better understand the tone that his post took, and I can look past it, now.

You sound like you have been entrenched in some of the rumors circulating around here. Since you "knowthings" as your username implies, I'm sure you know that coaches don't make blocks or tackles or passes or catches or score touchdowns. Ultimately, it's up to the players to make plays when the lights come on and the glory should be theirs. I'm also sure that you understand that when a play doesn't work the way it is designed, you can give gredit to the opposing players and you can also place responsibility on the players of the team whose play failed. Having played the game in high school, I understood that if I missed a block and my man sacked the quarterback, then I had failed in fulfilling my responsibility. If the coach pointed that fact out to me, I knew he wasn't belittling or chastising me and I tried harder on the next play. I know the men who coach this team and I assure you that they wouldn't "blame" any one or two or three players for a loss. However, if you have one or two or three players missing their assignments on any given play the outcome is obvious.

This team is young, they and their coaches have experienced frustrations that would discourage many others, yet they continue to show up and work hard every week. I applaud their efforts and I support them and any other team in the same situation. The future will be better if they stick to it, continue to work hard, and don't worry about anything outside of their contro

Allow me to respond.

First, I'm not a coach, just someone close to the school. I assure you that my feelings are not hurt. I'm just sick of reading these boards and seeing individuals ripping on 15, 16, and 17 year-olds for going out and doing their best each and every week. Maybe Centervilleballer is one of these kids who is frustrated with the outcome of last Friday's game. If this is the case, then I can better understand the tone that his post took, and I can look past it, now.

You sound like you have been entrenched in some of the rumors circulating around here. Since you "knowthings" as your username implies, I'm sure you know that coaches don't make blocks or tackles or passes or catches or score touchdowns. Ultimately, it's up to the players to make plays when the lights come on and the glory should be theirs. I'm also sure that you understand that when a play doesn't work the way it is designed, you can give gredit to the opposing players and you can also place responsibility on the players of the team whose play failed. Having played the game in high school, I understood that if I missed a block and my man sacked the quarterback, then I had failed in fulfilling my responsibility. If the coach pointed that fact out to me, I knew he wasn't belittling or chastising me and I tried harder on the next play. I know the men who coach this team and I assure you that they wouldn't "blame" any one or two or three players for a loss. However, if you have one or two or three players missing their assignments on any given play the outcome is obvious.

This team is young, they and their coaches have experienced frustrations that would discourage many others, yet they continue to show up and work hard every week. I applaud their efforts and I support them and any other team in the same situation. The future will be better if they stick to it, continue to work hard, and don't worry about anything outside of their contro

???????????? What are you trying to say?

Allow me to respond.

coaches have to watch for what they dont want to see, and listen to what they dont want to hear.

we are a 2A school that only has about 35 players most underclassmen . in the beging we had lots more .

i thank you for trying to make the boys better men , heres a quote from John Madden ,[THE FEWER RULES A COACH HAS THE FEWER RULES THERE ARE FOR PLAYERS TO BREAK] so lighten up and you need to learn to teach players instead of just being lazy and making them quit. to all coaches if you dont love your players like they are your own kid then get out of coaching because these kids would walk through fire for you. remember every kid has there own situation learn from them how they really are. good luck the rest of the way.