Whitwell @ LV

TigerLover

Final Score Yellow Jackets 40 And Tigers 6. I wonder if the Grace Coaches liked what they saw? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final Score Yellow Jackets 40 And Tigers 6. I wonder if the Grace Coaches liked what they saw? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

WOW! Did not see that one coming!

WOW! Did not see that one coming!

Guys this team is loaded, most will not understand. But this team will be good if they stick together. Trevor Holland is now the head honchoe of the Whitwell mafia, in my opinion. Somehow this team needs to find the tie that bonds. In my opinon Whitwell was close to running away with this game, I think the Valley coaches would agree. Seek an Identity and believe. You are better than the score reflected in this game. This game nor the next two is your season. You have three weeks to get it together. Lead the way and may heck follow with you. Come on!

Guys this team is loaded, most will not understand. But this team will be good if they stick together. Trevor Holland is now the head honchoe of the Whitwell mafia, in my opinion. Somehow this team needs to find the tie that bonds. In my opinon Whitwell was close to running away with this game, I think the Valley coaches would agree. Seek an Identity and believe. You are better than the score reflected in this game. This game nor the next two is your season. You have three weeks to get it together. Lead the way and may heck follow with you. Come on!

If Whitwell was close to running away with this game.... what happened? Untimely turnovers? Giving up big plays? What? How can you go from "close to running away with a game" to getting blown out by 34? Or is it that you are being facetious when talking about your former team?

Box score from the TFP, looks like from Lookout Valley's perspective:

Lookout Valley 40, Whitwell 6

Whitwell 6 0 0 0 ??” 7

Lookout Valley 7 14 19 0 ??” 40

First Quarter

W ??” Trevor Holland 85 kick return (kick failed), 11:46

LV ??” Ian McDade 20 run (Derrick Pullum kick), 6:34

Second Quarter

LV ??” Tayvaughn Wynn 75 run (kick failed), 6:35

LV ??” Scott Gordon 10 pass from Wynn (Pullum run), 1:22

Third Quarter

LV ??” Pullum 4 run (pass failed), 7:26

LV ??” Tyler Crowley 26 pass from Wynn (Pullum kick), 3:23

LV ??” Pullum 66 run (kick failed), 1:04

??”??”??”

W LV

First downs 9 6

Rushes-Yards 48-115 35-305

Passing 6 38

Total yards 121 343

Comp-Att-Int 1-6-1 3-5-0

Punts-Avg. 6-32.0 4-42.5

Fumbles-Lost 3-2 1-1

Penalties-Yards 3-16 3-15

??”??”??”

HIGHLIGHTS

Rushing: Pullum 14-127, Wynn 7-129 (LV). Passing: Holland 1-6-1, 6 (W); Wynn 3-5-0, 38 (LV). Receiving: Crowley 1-26; Gordon 2-12 (LV). Other standouts: Wynn made an interception. Records: Lookout Valley 3-2, 2-1.

Loaded? Close? Running away with the game? LV only has 5 Seniors, All the Skill Players are back next year. Will they have it by then? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Loaded? Close? Running away with the game? LV only has 5 Seniors, All the Skill Players are back next year. Will they have it by then? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Old Pirate says this score was really a shocker almost the up there with the Jasper-Tyner score.

OP says congrats to the LV team on a big win.

If Whitwell was close to running away with this game.... what happened? Untimely turnovers? Giving up big plays? What? How can you go from "close to running away with a game" to getting blown out by 34? Or is it that you are being facetious when talking about your former team?

No, I am not being faceious, maybe a little optimistic, Whitwell had LV on its heals, driving the ball at will earlly on, fumble early on leading to a short LV TD. Whitwell drives to inside the one and does not stick it in on 3 or 4 plays. I think Whitwell might have shut down after that because they did not seem to be the same team. On the other hand LV was'nt either after that series, A fired up LV team never looked back. Whitwell has some kids that can play, going to have to get it together both on and off the field. To me this game reminds me alot of the TN, FL game last year. Keep your heads up guys, and GO TIGERS!

No, I am not being faceious, maybe a little optimistic, Whitwell had LV on its heals, driving the ball at will earlly on, fumble early on leading to a short LV TD. Whitwell drives to inside the one and does not stick it in on 3 or 4 plays. I think Whitwell might have shut down after that because they did not seem to be the same team. On the other hand LV was'nt either after that series, A fired up LV team never looked back. Whitwell has some kids that can play, going to have to get it together both on and off the field. To me this game reminds me alot of the TN, FL game last year. Keep your heads up guys, and GO TIGERS!

i agree with one thing for sure we gotta get everybody on the field thats gotta be on it! And pep rallies!!

He's a freshman, and a great athlete, a pure runner, but not a quarterback. I think he is in the wrong position. He needs to be given the ball on a quick pitch or a short pass and let him use his natural ability in the open field. Scrap the power game and go to the spread. Find a QB. Plenty of skill players, distribute the ball with (quick) short passes. Right now everyone playing Whitwell is putting 8 men in the box cause they know we can't pass.

Tiger Defense is playing catch, not attacking.

Need to be practicing on Saturday, after a loss like that. ( These guys are babied )

He's a freshman, and a great athlete, a pure runner, but not a quarterback. I think he is in the wrong position. He needs to be given the ball on a quick pitch or a short pass and let him use his natural ability in the open field. Scrap the power game and go to the spread. Find a QB. Plenty of skill players, distribute the ball with (quick) short passes. Right now everyone playing Whitwell is putting 8 men in the box cause they know we can't pass.

Tiger Defense is playing catch, not attacking.

Need to be practicing on Saturday, after a loss like that. ( These guys are babied )

Right now people are still going to put eight/nine men in the box because they know we cannot consistently throw and catch the ball right now either. Defense might be better with a little more productivity out of the offense. As far as Trevor goes, there are alot of places he could play. When you have players getting hurt, players not out, sometimes that is hard to do, but I know what you are saying, and I think I know who you are.