Blackman at Smyrna

BandDawg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What year is D. Brown?

Your right he's not bad but I'd like to see Bryson play less D. I know they have cut but his snaps on D but he is returning kick, punt, and running the ball hard. He is good on D but if they could keep him fresh and making big plays. All the better.

Dakota is a JR . He had a nice 20 yard run after Bryson got hurt. Jarvis stepped up big also running hard and getting in the end zone.

Get well soon J. Bryson !

Another typical Blackman game. No offense whatsoever, very good defense wasted. Need threat of a passing game. Need to go with Armstrong at quarterback and mix pass and run. Pass it at least 20 times a game and run Bowers at least 20 times a game. He does not carry it enough. He looks great every time he touches it but we refuse to give him 20 carries in a game for some reason. IF this is not what needs to be done then at least try something different. The same ole thing isn't working. We have the worst offense in the region. Maybe the state. It is absolutely pathetic and it shouldn't be. Blackman is the same Blackman it has been the last several years. The players are changing but it does have one constant. Coaching. Coaching is absolutely horrible period.

Smyrna, not really impressed with your team. You beat a poorly coached Blackman team 10-0. You looked a little bit like Blackman except you have more of a winning tradition than Blackman does. You looked a little bit like you were coached by Blackman coaches. Oh wait a minute, your coach was a Blackman coach last year. Looks like your days as a State Power are almost over. Oh wait a minute, it looks like they are already over cause I don't believe you guys are going anywhere this year. You will make the playoffs but will be eliminated in 1st or 2nd round. Next year, you should be about 3-7 and tied with Blackman for last in the region. Blackman is proving how important coaching is in high school football. IF you do not have good coaching in high school, you will not go anywhere no matter how much talent you have.

Last time I checked all you have to do is win by 1 point. Do you think that Smyrna went past the second page of the playbook all night? We ran a vanilla middle school offense against your "vaunted" defense and you still lost. To top it off Bryson didn't even play in the second half. Stop making excuses for why Blackman is a lousy football team and don't worry about Smyrna. Even if we don't win it all this year we have two more Gold Balls than the Lazy Blazy will EVER have.

Another typical Blackman game. No offense whatsoever, very good defense wasted. Need threat of a passing game. Need to go with Armstrong at quarterback and mix pass and run. Pass it at least 20 times a game and run Bowers at least 20 times a game. He does not carry it enough. He looks great every time he touches it but we refuse to give him 20 carries in a game for some reason. IF this is not what needs to be done then at least try something different. The same ole thing isn't working. We have the worst offense in the region. Maybe the state. It is absolutely pathetic and it shouldn't be. Blackman is the same Blackman it has been the last several years. The players are changing but it does have one constant. Coaching. Coaching is absolutely horrible period.

Can't disagree with you, but.... this game was lost back in the spring when Blackman didn't hire an offensive coordinator and a qb coach when the Williams guy left. By the way, Smyrna inherited the second worst offense in the region when he went there. You do have some awesome athletes, but so does everyone in this region. So what, that's their problem, Blackman has there own issues. It's sad to watch a bunch of kids play like Blackmans guys play on defense and not get an offensive answer each and every time they come on the field. I do disagree on the qb change in a way. It doesn't matter if Peyton Manning was the qb tonight, the offense that was given these qb's to run was not gonna cut it. Yes, that does include recent past and present qb's. It's not a team discipline issue because if it were you would not see the defense and special teams fly around, hustle and make plays like you do, it's a lack of offensive discipline that a true offensive coordinator instills in that side of the ball. Blackman jumped offsides, what 5, maybe 6 times tonight, that's offensive discipline. Drpped passes, qb's, both I may add, not being able to complete 5-10 yards flat passes with any accuracy, that's offensive discipline. That's not to even mention to unimagionable plays that are called time and time again. It's a total lack of offensive execution and discipline. on and on and on

One of the best offensive minds and coach in this city stands on the Blackman sideline each game with his cronnies, but his reputation and total dislike from most players, some parents and other coaches didn't even want his presence on the field as interim head coach when the head coach was sick. Most don't trust his agenda. Whether that's merited or not, I don't know. I do know that there is a lot more wrong over at Blackman than coaching. I do know that the head coach is a good man and a great defensive coach. Heck, that's not a knock on him, Charlie Weis doesn't call ND's defense, it's okay for a coach not to know one side of the ball as strong as they do the other or have the ump to call one side of the ball as well, they just have to know when to allow someone else to do it, and feel good about that decision. Maybe he doesn't, but that's his choice, he's the head coach, I just hope this thing is turned around this year. 1-2 in the region makes palyoff talk very scary. A lot of region mix ups have to occur now for that to be a possibility, but who knows, this region can sometimes be a upset mindfield.

blazethewave what are you talking about i think thes coaches will be in college coaching very soon ,the sure do have a very impressive resume its just a matter of time !!!! the run on first second and third works !!!

like i said this should have been blackmans year but they get stopped by ther own hardheadedness ??

the players play their hearts out and bleed for ther team ,just wish the coaches did as well !!!

good job guys playing hard it means alot to the fans !!!

Can't disagree with you, but.... this game was lost back in the spring when Blackman didn't hire an offensive coordinator and a qb coach when the Williams guy left. By the way, Smyrna inherited the second worst offense in the region when he went there. You do have some awesome athletes, but so does everyone in this region. So what, that's their problem, Blackman has there own issues. It's sad to watch a bunch of kids play like Blackmans guys play on defense and not get an offensive answer each and every time they come on the field. I do disagree on the qb change in a way. It doesn't matter if Peyton Manning was the qb tonight, the offense that was given these qb's to run was not gonna cut it. Yes, that does include recent past and present qb's. It's not a team discipline issue because if it were you would not see the defense and special teams fly around, hustle and make plays like you do, it's a lack of offensive discipline that a true offensive coordinator instills in that side of the ball. Blackman jumped offsides, what 5, maybe 6 times tonight, that's offensive discipline. Drpped passes, qb's, both I may add, not being able to complete 5-10 yards flat passes with any accuracy, that's offensive discipline. That's not to even mention to unimagionable plays that are called time and time again. It's a total lack of offensive execution and discipline. on and on and on

One of the best offensive minds and coach in this city stands on the Blackman sideline each game with his cronnies, but his reputation and total dislike from most players, some parents and other coaches didn't even want his presence on the field as interim head coach when the head coach was sick. Most don't trust his agenda. Whether that's merited or not, I don't know. I do know that there is a lot more wrong over at Blackman than coaching. I do know that the head coach is a good man and a great defensive coach. Heck, that's not a knock on him, Charlie Weis doesn't call ND's defense, it's okay for a coach not to know one side of the ball as strong as they do the other or have the ump to call one side of the ball as well, they just have to know when to allow someone else to do it, and feel good about that decision. Maybe he doesn't, but that's his choice, he's the head coach, I just hope this thing is turned around this year. 1-2 in the region makes palyoff talk very scary. A lot of region mix ups have to occur now for that to be a possibility, but who knows, this region can sometimes be a upset mindfield.

Sorry ...But that was such a good post I had to attach it to mine...sorry if he delete's you. If I would have said that word for word I would have been deleted and outed.

You do know why Bowers does not carry it often don't you?....anyone?

You see there...I would have been deleted if I would have said any of that...Great post from both sides.

Funny, the agenda I speak of, oops, you guys have the same one. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Maybe that's why your posts are deleted. Everybody knew and knows what your agenda is all about. He's a lot smoother than you, so he just might get his agenda fulfilled. In order to pin the tail on the donkey, you have to make sure you have the pin in your hand. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> He does, and you didn't.

Not meant to be smart, just facts.

Funny, the agenda I speak of, oops, you guys have the same one. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Maybe that's why your posts are deleted. Everybody knew and knows what your agenda is all about. He's a lot smoother than you, so he just might get his agenda fulfilled. In order to pin the tail on the donkey, you have to make sure you have the pin in your hand. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> He does, and you didn't.

Not meant to be smart, just facts.

At this point of the Game....does it really matter? I have a feeling this agenda with take place next year. This year is almost a lost cause. I was betting on It after week 3...They let him dig his hole and he dug a good one.