Polk vs. Sweetwater

Coach J

WELL WELL casper we did lose to rockwood but controlled the whole game and was up 14 to start the fourth but may i remind you of last year when we beat ya'll and we're even better this time and i dont think ya'll are and ya'll will kill grundy this week and think ya'll are a good ball club and then the REAL wildcats will come up there and steal the show but i do think it will be a close game ya'lls defense is good but cant keep our receivers or quarterback in check and ya'lls offense has to improve a lot to beat sweetwater

BRING IT ON!!!!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweetwater will be the best team the Polk Co. has played. Everybody talks about the Polk defense but it has yet to face an offense as potent as Sweetwater. The Sweetwater Cats have tall, rangy and fast wild-outs and an outstanding QB who can run the football. Polk's schedule is what it is. Bledsoe, Tellico, East Ridge and Grundy. NO real challenge at all to open the season. Sweetwater is one of those traditional rivals. Hard to pick against Polk at home. Game should be a good one with the young cats from Benton coming out on top in a close one.

Sweetwater will be the best team the Polk Co. has played. Everybody talks about the Polk defense but it has yet to face an offense as potent as Sweetwater. The Sweetwater Cats have tall, rangy and fast wild-outs and an outstanding QB who can run the football. Polk's schedule is what it is. Bledsoe, Tellico, East Ridge and Grundy. NO real challenge at all to open the season. Sweetwater is one of those traditional rivals. Hard to pick against Polk at home. Game should be a good one with the young cats from Benton coming out on top in a close one.

lol i like your intensity casper but warhorse even tho i dont agree with your pick i do agree with your statement they haven't faced and offense like sweetwater mainly their receivers and quarterback runnin back aint bad either but your right polks schedule is what it is but they did what they were supposed to and i believe it will be a good but in the end i just dont think polk has the athletes to keep up with sweetwater but polk always has a lot of heart and you can never underestimate that and i know polk is a good team just not as good as the sweetwater WILDCATS

I agree polk hasn't played anyone with alot of talent yet and the sweetwater game should have just that. But you got to think and know that Coach Davis will have his team ready and prepared to lay. And i'm glad other folks see the heart polk has and how they play the game its a class act the way Davis runs the program. I can't wait for this game next friday to be honest because polk will show everyone that they are a team to reackon with. If any players are reading this keep your head on and take care of business friday against grundy then get ready for sweetwater. Good louck to both teams but i see polk winning with there hearts and hard hitting

polks "D" has not been tested and neither has the "O" but here is my two sense.. sweetwater is good yeah but they are not disiplined.. and if they are like they were last year then they are out of shape.. polk plays every play 110% and will knock your head off if you come at them "half-#$$" and sometimes even when you come full speed.. the ground game will help polk in this game and i see the wildcats of polk having a hard time with sweetH2O... but still i think the polk boys will pull it off.. not many teams beat polk back-2-back years.. and i dont think the sweetH2O wildcats can do it... this game will show me how polk will play the rest of the season, its the first real test, and the remaining teams on the schedule are not as easy as the first half i promise.. the polk wildcats need to play hard this game to get used to playing hard for the rest of the year, good luck to polk in this one

polks "D" has not been tested and neither has the "O" but here is my two sense.. sweetwater is good yeah but they are not disiplined.. and if they are like they were last year then they are out of shape.. polk plays every play 110% and will knock your head off if you come at them "half-#$$" and sometimes even when you come full speed.. the ground game will help polk in this game and i see the wildcats of polk having a hard time with sweetH2O... but still i think the polk boys will pull it off.. not many teams beat polk back-2-back years.. and i dont think the sweetH2O wildcats can do it... this game will show me how polk will play the rest of the season, its the first real test, and the remaining teams on the schedule are not as easy as the first half i promise.. the polk wildcats need to play hard this game to get used to playing hard for the rest of the year, good luck to polk in this one

you're right polk will come at you every play but sweetwater is in very good shape but i dont think you have seen sweetwaters defense you can not run the ball against them the only way the three teams they played against so far has had any success is through the air so i dont see that happen and coach davis is a great coach and people from all over respect him but i dont see him gettin this win just not enough athletes on polks team this year

you're right polk will come at you every play but sweetwater is in very good shape but i dont think you have seen sweetwaters defense you can not run the ball against them the only way the three teams they played against so far has had any success is through the air so i dont see that happen and coach davis is a great coach and people from all over respect him but i dont see him gettin this win just not enough athletes on polks team this year

not enough athletes? ok let me tell you this, i played last year and we were pretty good.. we lost a total of 3 games in the regular season by like 6 points if you gave us 1 touchdown and an extra point thats 10-0 and a region championship.. with that being said.. ive seen the weight boards and all the top 10 stuff in the polk fieldhouse... and i have to tell you i think they are stronger and faster than in years past.. might not be as good as we were last year and might be better, be the point is the athletes are there they just need some time adjusting to varsity ball cause most of them are "young" and they are doing good so far....

If Polk loses this game, it will not be due to lack of athletes. They definately do not have the athletes Sweetwater has, but Polk has many more athletes than they usually do. However, many of these athletes are only sophmores and none of them have ever been in a game in which they trailed. I believe this game will come down to how Polk's young athletes (esp. at the skill positions) react to being challenged. If they react like I expect them to, Polk County willl be just fine.

Polk Co. 21

Sweetwater 7

not enough athletes? ok let me tell you this, i played last year and we were pretty good.. we lost a total of 3 games in the regular season by like 6 points if you gave us 1 touchdown and an extra point thats 10-0 and a region championship.. with that being said.. ive seen the weight boards and all the top 10 stuff in the polk fieldhouse... and i have to tell you i think they are stronger and faster than in years past.. might not be as good as we were last year and might be better, be the point is the athletes are there they just need some time adjusting to varsity ball cause most of them are "young" and they are doing good so far....

well they may have athletes but not comparable to sweetwater and as far as your quote about givin ya'll a touchdown and a extra point thats all coulda woulda shoulda stuff thats like sayin give us fifty and we'll beat alcoa but they do have heart down there and a great coach so i expect them to keep it close for a while