Powell vs. Maryville Freshman game

PowellPanther4life

Karns was tough. Powell gift wrapped two touchdowns for the beavers in the first half though and never really rebounded. Powell's qb missed a fly pattern badly and the karns db picked it and scored, and a punt snapped sail. iied over the head of Justin Wood and he fell as he picked it up setting up karns 1st and 10 on the powell 13 or so. Granted Karns made those plays happen by playing well. I'm not trying to make excuses because Powell was completely dominated by Karns up front. In fairness though, that game is as bad as I've ever seen that group play. If you look at this group of Powell freshmen vs. that group of Karns freshmen, that is if you look at the age group, that is the first time Karns has ever beaten those kids. Again, Karns dominated the game up front, and Powell's inability to run the football to set up the pass is what cost them the game. It'll be interesting to see how the battle of beaver creek plays out over the next couple of years. Also, a karns vs maryville freshman game would be very interesting. Karns is much better up front, but Maryville is better in the skill positions. Both Karns and Maryville have two stud qbs of the future.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karns was tough. Powell gift wrapped two touchdowns for the beavers in the first half though and never really rebounded. Powell's qb missed a fly pattern badly and the karns db picked it and scored, and a punt snapped sail. iied over the head of Justin Wood and he fell as he picked it up setting up karns 1st and 10 on the powell 13 or so. Granted Karns made those plays happen by playing well. I'm not trying to make excuses because Powell was completely dominated by Karns up front. In fairness though, that game is as bad as I've ever seen that group play. If you look at this group of Powell freshmen vs. that group of Karns freshmen, that is if you look at the age group, that is the first time Karns has ever beaten those kids. Again, Karns dominated the game up front, and Powell's inability to run the football to set up the pass is what cost them the game. It'll be interesting to see how the battle of beaver creek plays out over the next couple of years. Also, a karns vs maryville freshman game would be very interesting. Karns is much better up front, but Maryville is better in the skill positions. Both Karns and Maryville have two stud qbs of the future.

r the maryville freshman really that good? cause ive been followin this karns freshman team and they have studs out there in the skill positions. now i havent seen this maryville team but they'd have to be real good to have better athletes out there

Honestly, I think that Powell is MUCH better then Karns in the skill positions. The Karns QB is a stud, but as far as running backs wide recievers and dbs I thought that Powell had the upper hand. I wasn't impressed with Karns' skil kids but their line was one of the most impressive units i've seen for freshmen. Maryville is very good in the skill positions as well. Both the Karns QB and the MHS QB are better QBs then the kid at Powell although I think the QB is probably a little bit better then both in terms of overall athleticism.

That was a good game but the bottom line was Powell wanted it more.

As great a game it was, I literally almost left because of the the PA announcer turned play by play analyst. First of all it was ridiculously loud and secondly he was making an idiot out of himself. I was embarassed for him.

I forgot until now just how annoying that PA guy was...

Maryville's freshmen have a ton of talent, but part of their problem is that they must outgrow and forget the bad habits and bad attitude they acquired at the middle school.

Honestly, I think that Powell is MUCH better then Karns in the skill positions. The Karns QB is a stud, but as far as running backs wide recievers and dbs I thought that Powell had the upper hand. I wasn't impressed with Karns' skil kids but their line was one of the most impressive units i've seen for freshmen. Maryville is very good in the skill positions as well. Both the Karns QB and the MHS QB are better QBs then the kid at Powell although I think the QB is probably a little bit better then both in terms of overall athleticism.

yes i do agree the line played very well in that game but they dont always and when that happens the skll players really step up and r very good. the line came to play so the vere was workin very well. but this group can play with anyone the coach didnt give em the chance with how the lne was playin

I guess having the best players don't mean anything because if that was the case Powell should have won hands down, you say that Powell gift wrapped two scores for Karns I guess that does not work both ways with you because Maryville gift wrapped two for the Mighty Powell, and Karns had one turn over to Powell. Bottom line Karns came into the Panthers den and totally shut them down with their great players, Powell's RB VERY FEW YARDS Karns backs ran all over the field and Powell's scores came on a mis alignment in the d backfield and then another on the second and thrird teamers late,late in the game , so why don't you just admit that Powell's freshman got beat by a better team period. Why we are on the subject QBs only look as good as recievers make them look, and without a line a QB can't do anything.

I guess having the best players don't mean anything because if that was the case Powell should have won hands down, you say that Powell gift wrapped two scores for Karns I guess that does not work both ways with you because Maryville gift wrapped two for the Mighty Powell, and Karns had one turn over to Powell. Bottom line Karns came into the Panthers den and totally shut them down with their great players, Powell's RB VERY FEW YARDS Karns backs ran all over the field and Powell's scores came on a mis alignment in the d backfield and then another on the second and thrird teamers late,late in the game , so why don't you just admit that Powell's freshman got beat by a better team period. Why we are on the subject QBs only look as good as recievers make them look, and without a line a QB can't do anything.

thank you for that you saved me the trouble of havin to do it myself /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />