bruceton

Btownboy

A couple of those "home town boys" who are coaching with your neighbors are learning from the best there is so maybe in a few years they'll want to come back home and take over. I knew something wasn't right over there when those two didn't do their internships in their hometown, especially considering the "faculty" connection. Makes you wonder how long the current coaching regime stays.

I think that is what everybody around ole B' town as they call it now, is hoping.

New blood, sound coaching fundamentals and a return to prominence. That is what this post is

all about. Not bashing anyone. Just want to see the team / program get better.

And you are right your head coach has really turned that program around over the

past few years. I watched them play Milan a couple of weeks ago, and they must have

made some great adjustments after that first drive, because they slowed Milan down

and made a good game out of it.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruceton Is Facing Small Town Blues. And Unless A New Factory Comes Into Town, Or Your Breeding Cycle Changes, These Up And Downs In Your Athletic Program Are Gonna Happen From Time To Time. Lake County Is Suffering The Same Problems. As Is South Fulton. I Don't Know What Your Coaching Situation Is Now. But It Has Been Top Notch As Far As I Can Tell. Don't Jump Ship Fellows. Tiger Football Will Rise Again.

Let me say this up front. Bruceton would be having a poor year this year no matter

who is coaching, but it would probably not have been near this pronounced during the

Sturdivant / McGee era. It would have been a 5-5 or 6-4 year and I think we are looking at 1-9

or 0-10.

Bruceton has been going down hill for 5 or 6 years now. We all know that the coaching staff has not

made the best of what they have had. They have tried to change a system that has been a very successful

through the years and they have failed.

The interest is definitely down. People just are not enthused about going out to the ballgame like they once were.

Many of my friends, who used to be regulars on Friday night have simply become so discouraged

that they have stopped attending games.It is not just the fact that they are losing. They just don't want to see the same old mistakes over and over and that is what we have been seeing for about 5 years.

I not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, the coaches are all great guys, and I am not saying

anything negative about anyone personally, but I feel many people in the community, including myself,

would like to see some changes made in the coaching ranks in Bruceton.

They are a number of home town Bruceton boys coaching in schools all around West Tennessee that could help

restore the roar at Bruceton, and some new guys working at the school now could probably do a very good job given the chance. I believe that some of these guys could cause a spark in the youth and the town that would bring the excitement back and restore us to what we once were when it was not any trouble to get the kids out on the field and they really wanted to play football.

I hope that the administration will take a long look at the situation at the end of the year, and seriously consider taking some steps to resurrect what was just a few short years ago, one of the best 1A programs in the state, that has now become not even a perennial playoff contender in an era that sends 4 from every region.

I know this will upset some and I apologize in advance to anyone who this upsets, but this is just how I see it, and I know there are many other alumni and former players out there that feel the same as I do.

first thing. yeah there are many people in bruceton that are not to happy with the coaches that we have. and its funny how most of the people who have a problem with it dont even come to the games or even have a clue what goes on. and there are always gonna be people who have problems with what goes on. watching them practice they are very well coached. lack of experience is a huge factor in the team and that leads to mistakes. and i can see why people dont want to come to the games and see the same mistakes. its a young team 4 seniors 2 juniors and the rest underclassmen. there are gonna be some mistakes. after seeing bruceton in week 5. there is gonna be a turn around in these last 5 weeks.

Well I never played for the new coaches but I have to kinda agree with btownboy. From what I have seen Bruceton hasn't seemed to be able to find a coache that can succefully call an offense. And I also have to agree with him about the line Every year Bruceton seems to do real well against teams like south fulton and west carroll and greenfield but they always have trouble with blocking the stronger schools. I'm not sayin the coaches are bad people and the defense usually does good It just seems like the offense tends to struggle moving the ball against the stronger schools.

as far as calling the offense goes your right. they havent found a coach to succesfully do that. but as far as the line goes in the past five years there has been two class 1A mr football limeman from bruceton. last year they had the smallest line in region 7 1A and still come out 2nd to the state runner ups. the line is very well coached. this year is just not a good year for the tiger line. and its hard moving the ball against stronger schools because when its hard to run the ball it doesnt open up any of the passing game. just a tough year for central all around this year /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

as far as calling the offense goes your right. they havent found a coach to succesfully do that. but as far as the line goes in the past five years there has been two class 1A mr football limeman from bruceton. last year they had the smallest line in region 7 1A and still come out 2nd to the state runner ups. the line is very well coached. this year is just not a good year for the tiger line. and its hard moving the ball against stronger schools because when its hard to run the ball it doesnt open up any of the passing game. just a tough year for central all around this year /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

guess all the guys that knew how to hold and chop graduated and the coaches forgot to teach the younger linemen. dont worry, they will probable get aroung to it with time

guess all the guys that knew how to hold and chop graduated and the coaches forgot to teach the younger linemen. dont worry, they will probable get aroung to it with time

htown5 this Friday night go to any high school football game you like where you have one lineman that is 6'4" and 280 lbs facing another lineman that is 5'8" and 190 lbs. You will see that no matter what the school system and no matter who the coaching staff is the team with the smaller lineman will always teach him to block and stay low to slow down the bigger guy.

htown5 this Friday night go to any high school football game you like where you have one lineman that is 6'4" and 280 lbs facing another lineman that is 5'8" and 190 lbs. You will see that no matter what the school system and no matter who the coaching staff is the team with the smaller lineman will always teach him to block and stay low to slow down the bigger guy.

Oh no, you are supposed to stand up and let that 280lb guy beat you like he wants. LOL

Get real. You better go low if he is bigger than you, and that is from high school all the way

through the pro ranks. Just watch on Saturday and Sunday and see.

The guy that I think keeps bringing this up from last year was in involved in one of those games that Bruceton should have one and somehow found a way to lose.

if you was coaching a team with the averaging 190 to 200 and your going up against people almost twice the size what would you teach them to do. BEST LEGAL SHOT!!!!!!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I played for both. Didn't have a problem with either of them. Just seems to me that you personally have a problem with a change in the staff a few years ago. You would think that a former player would support the program and not stir the pot up. You talk big on here. Why don't you go to the coaches and tell them to their face how you feel. The same coaches that supported you when you were far from perfect. That's all I have to say on the subject. In your mind you are always right and know it all. Thats what most of the players that played before you thought.

ok I apologize for some of the things I said I know I went a little far on this post but it is little frustrating growing up in a town known for football and then all of a sudden just droppin off to a school that cant compete in the playoffs. And going from a head choach that respected his players and community to someone that demands respect without giving it and earning it. and a coach that stood by his word and cared more about the players more than making himself look good. so for the coaches that shows respect, cares about the players, health and respect, thank you. to the ones that dont and think they are gods gift and that " their dumps know more about football than their players" learn from the others. again sorry and good luck. and to all players I love yall, wish yall the best of luck and stick together yall have the potential just let it show

I happen to agree with everyone about the coaches. Mainly the 2 that call themselves the Head Coach and Assistant. What a joke they are. Neither of them know what they are doing. Not only are they arrogant on the field they are the same way off. Bruceton football and school would be better off without either of them. Bruceton has some young coaches that are coaching Jr High and High School that have played on the winning teams and could be a great asset to this team if they were only given the chance. I also think that the kids would be more willing to play for the younger guys and the parents would be happy to let them play. I know I have a son that will be in Jr High next year. I am more than happy to let him play for the Jr High coaches but if you have the two still coaching high school when he gets up there he will not be playing or I will take him to either Huntingdon or Camden to play. All the talk in town now is about this football program. Bruceton at one time was known for their football and now they are laughed at for their football. This has happened since they brought the new headcoach in. The two of them think they are so respected in this town, but all they are are the talk of the town. Maybe after we have this horrible year something will be done. I know the players are young but I have watched games, the coaches want yell at them for not doing something right but don't want to teach them the proper way, the offensive coach is the worse. He has no business being on a football field. I have watched Jr High games also, that team is very well taught and very well coached. I just hope that we can have some coaches changes in the future and let some of these young coaches bring this football team back to where it should be.

I happen to agree with everyone about the coaches. Mainly the 2 that call themselves the Head Coach and Assistant. What a joke they are. Neither of them know what they are doing. Not only are they arrogant on the field they are the same way off. Bruceton football and school would be better off without either of them. Bruceton has some young coaches that are coaching Jr High and High School that have played on the winning teams and could be a great asset to this team if they were only given the chance. I also think that the kids would be more willing to play for the younger guys and the parents would be happy to let them play. I know I have a son that will be in Jr High next year. I am more than happy to let him play for the Jr High coaches but if you have the two still coaching high school when he gets up there he will not be playing or I will take him to either Huntingdon or Camden to play. All the talk in town now is about this football program. Bruceton at one time was known for their football and now they are laughed at for their football. This has happened since they brought the new headcoach in. The two of them think they are so respected in this town, but all they are are the talk of the town. Maybe after we have this horrible year something will be done. I know the players are young but I have watched games, the coaches want yell at them for not doing something right but don't want to teach them the proper way, the offensive coach is the worse. He has no business being on a football field. I have watched Jr High games also, that team is very well taught and very well coached. I just hope that we can have some coaches changes in the future and let some of these young coaches bring this football team back to where it should be.

I agree with tigerfan35. That's all I am saying as well.

I am not knocking the players, they are doing the best that they can.

A change is needed and maybe that will be the silver lining to going 1-9 or more likely, 0-10.

Give someone else a chance. Five years is enough. It is the same as it was year one only worse.

If you leave them in a few more years, there may not even be a football program at Bruceton. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

okay look...im tired of everyone downing the coaches and saying its their fault and all...its not...they are trying their very best week in and week out to get the tigers ready...all the coaches are very good at what they do...i am recent bruceton alumni and the head coach is the best coach that ive ever played under and so is the d line coach..yes bruceton is having a down year but you also have to look at the cream of the crop...they return 1 starter on both sides of the ball! the players also try as hard as they can week in and week out theres just not a good number of experienced players right now..and you say it just keeps gettin worse and worse every year...they have made the playoff 3 out of the 4 years he was there and coming in to coach a team that was 2-8 the previous year before he came in...and if im not mistaken they had a pretty darn good team last year..and dont forget about the huge upsets that they pulled off against alke county and union city 2 years ago..the only thing keepin them from that state title was a QB...if they would have had one that was worth anything at all they would made it there...teams would put 9 in the box to stop jordan and matlock and leave 2 people to cover 3 guys and he still couldnt hardly complete a pass...he made stupid decisions...i honestly dont think he could throw the ball in the ocean and hit water...there was no passing game atall because of how bad they QB was..bruceton had no choice but to give the ball to jordan 50 times a game..they had pretty good recievers there just the QB couldnt throw it 20 yards to a wide open reciever..and the assitant coach that was being named is a pretty darn good linebacking coach..so edwards if your gonna talk about people being bad just remember how horrible you were before you start to talk about people and remeber that you probably caused the tigers winning the region and state championship...hang in there players its gonna get better...the coaches know what they are doing and they will have everyone going in the right direction. we will rise again