FANTASY BRACKET

patriot04

MBA over Cookeville (MBA's line combined with stout defense would handle Cookeville)

David Lipscomb over CBHS (Zach Rogers is the X-factor for DL)

Oakland over McCallie (Any other year, I would probably pick McCallie in this matchup, but not this year)

BA over Melrose (this one would be tight, but BA's line just would punish Melrose on both sides)

Franklin over Ravenwood (Franklin is the real deal and is my pick to win the 5A championship this year, but it could be close if Ravenwood forces some turnovers)

Brentwood over Milan (Brentwood seems to be playing well this year and Milan wouldn't be able match their passing game)

Dobyns-Bennett over South Pitt (I don't know very much about South Pitt, therefore I'll take Dobyns Bennett)

MUS over Hunters Lane (MUS has seemingly taken McCallie's spot this year behind MBA & BA in Division 2....HL just doesn't have the offense)

Maryville over Maplewood (Maplewood has the talent to compete in this one, but Maryville will outcoach them)

Ensworth over Cleveland (Ensworth's lines would punish Cleveland and run it down their throat)

Ooltewah over BGA (From everything I hear Ooltewah is special this year)

Henry Co. over Houston (Henry County has 3 Division 1A stud recruits on thier team = win against Houston)

Farragut over Independence (This one should be tight, but I think Farragut would get it done somehow)

White Haven over Millington (Don't know too much about Millington, therefore I'll take White Haven in this one)

Hillsboro over Knox Catholic (If HHS can play tight with MBA, BA, and Franklin, their offense shouldn't have a problem putting up points on Knox Catholic)

Alcoa over Germantown (This should be a tight one, but I'll take Aloca due to the Gary Rankin factor)

Burroball I agree with you on a lot of points but let me tell you somethin about henry co. They do have 2 seniors that are big time recruits and they are very very good. And they do have a slot back and a safety gettin looked at by big time schools that are juniors. But comin in to the season our biggest concern was defense. Our startin defense has only given up 7 points and 27 points overall. Nobody has scored a single point on our d in the first half. Our team is much much more than 3 big time players.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burroball I agree with you on a lot of points but let me tell you somethin about henry co. They do have 2 seniors that are big time recruits and they are very very good. And they do have a slot back and a safety gettin looked at by big time schools that are juniors. But comin in to the season our biggest concern was defense. Our startin defense has only given up 7 points and 27 points overall. Nobody has scored a single point on our d in the first half. Our team is much much more than 3 big time players.

You learn something new everyday I guess.....I wasn't trying to imply that Henry County's team was only as good as those three players. That would be just as nieve as someone saying Hillsboro is only as good as Eric Gordon, Corey Jordan, and Alex Crutcher. We already proved we can do fine and are much more than that after playing without both Crutcher and Jordan against the likes of MBA.

However, I have heard that Henry County has a RB who is built similar to former Burro FB Calvin "Fridge" Bryant, but is in much better shape (about 20 pounds lighter) thus allowing him to be virtually unstoppable carrying the ball...also, have an outstanding athlete at QB/DB who is a big time playmaker.

If HHS and Henry County meet up again in the semifinals it sounds like it should be a great one based on everything I have been told.....plenty of talent on both sides would be on display...maybe it will happen. Unfortunately, for HHS ya'll would get the home field advantage again in that case, but that is the way the ball bounces sometimes.

You learn something new everyday I guess.....I wasn't trying to imply that Henry County's team was only as good as those three players. That would be just as nieve as someone saying Hillsboro is only as good as Eric Gordon, Corey Jordan, and Alex Crutcher. We already proved we can do fine and are much more than that after playing without both Crutcher and Jordan against the likes of MBA.

However, I have heard that Henry County has a RB who is built similar to former Burro FB Calvin "Fridge" Bryant, but is in much better shape (about 20 pounds lighter) thus allowing him to be virtually unstoppable carrying the ball...also, have an outstanding athlete at QB/DB who is a big time playmaker.

If HHS and Henry County meet up again in the semifinals it sounds like it should be a great one based on everything I have been told.....plenty of talent on both sides would be on display...maybe it will happen. Unfortunately, for HHS ya'll would get the home field advantage again in that case, but that is the way the ball bounces sometimes.

I really hope we meet up to. Trust me it won't be like the last time yall played us. And I heard the game would be at yalls place. I hope not. Our crowd has been huge this year at home and on the road. But as for our runnin back. He is 6 foot 260 pounds and is fast and can put a move on ya. I noticed yall had a small line so he might would give yall some trouble. And our qb is just WOW. Last night I think he had 4 carries for 171. He scored on the first play of the game. Then treadwell turned the ball over on the 2 and he went 98 yards on the first play of the drive. I would like to see him break away and see if eric gordon could catch him. Good luck this year let's both take care of business and maybe will see each other in the semis.

I really hope we meet up to. Trust me it won't be like the last time yall played us. And I heard the game would be at yalls place. I hope not. Our crowd has been huge this year at home and on the road. But as for our runnin back. He is 6 foot 260 pounds and is fast and can put a move on ya. I noticed yall had a small line so he might would give yall some trouble. And our qb is just WOW. Last night I think he had 4 carries for 171. He scored on the first play of the game. Then treadwell turned the ball over on the 2 and he went 98 yards on the first play of the drive. I would like to see him break away and see if eric gordon could catch him. Good luck this year let's both take care of business and maybe will see each other in the semis.

Really.....I was under the impression that Henry County's side of the bracket would get to host the semifinals this year because the location is alternated each year, but I guess that doesn't make sense if Henry County hosted the last two semifinals. How then are they determining the semifinal location now? Alternating every two years? I would love for HHS to get that potential game at home and let Henry County make the 2 hour drive.

BTW, 6 foot 260 pounds....I was wrong...that's exactly what former Burro FB Calvin "Fridge" Bryant was, but he only ran about a 4.8 second 40 because he never lost the 20 extra pounds of fat that he had, which prevented him from running a 4.6 second 40 and being even better. Also, If Henry County's QB is that fast...Eric Gordon actually might not be able to catch him from behind....he is the quickest player for HHS, but not necessarily the fastest. Good luck to Henry County as well!