Coffee County at Wilson Central

whodathunkit?

Do I think Coffee will win? No. Does this mean I have given up on CC? No. I still believe they are a great bunch of boys. There is a lot of talent on this team and for some reason "I" feel the coaches are not bringing that out in the players. You CANNOT belittle the players by telling them they s--- , or that they are horrible. How can that be motivational. By telling the team after the games that you are embarassed is a great speech. Nunley keep it up, your words of wisdom inspire us all. I feel Wilson Central is in a different league than we are. But that is fine it is supposed to make you play better. And contrary to papers and coaches the boys are playing with their hearts and giving it their all. But hearing how bad you are all the time can take the wind out of your sails.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on the sidelines every game, the players showed no emotion Friday night against Warren County and haven't played a decent game of football since Oakland. I am the eternal optimist but if the players don't wake up and start playing football again this will be a very long season. This is the week you can turn things around, this season can still be successful, it is up to you. Even if you don't win this week if you actually play like you can that is something to build on. Another week like last week and if I were Nunley I would rip the Raider stickers off the helmets and make them wear practice jerseys during the games. Not all of the players don't care there are a few that have played their guts out all season but only a handful, if this team wants to be successful everyone has to step it up.

I am on the sidelines every game, the players showed no emotion Friday night against Warren County and haven't played a decent game of football since Oakland. I am the eternal optimist but if the players don't wake up and start playing football again this will be a very long season. This is the week you can turn things around, this season can still be successful, it is up to you. Even if you don't win this week if you actually play like you can that is something to build on. Another week like last week and if I were Nunley I would rip the Raider stickers off the helmets and make them wear practice jerseys during the games. Not all of the players don't care there are a few that have played their guts out all season but only a handful, if this team wants to be successful everyone has to step it up.

Here's a few quotes for you 5A

Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their players and motivate. Vince Lombardi

It is still a coach's game. Make no mistake. You start at the top. If you don't have a good one at the top, you don't have a cut-dog's chance. If you do, the rest falls into place. You have to have good assistants, and a lot of things, but first you have to have a chairman of the board. Bear Bryant

You're never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you're never as bad as they say when you lose. Lou Holtz

Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control. Tom Landry

Or maybe you'll enjoy this one:

You know the only difference between a three week old puppy and a sports writer- The puppy quits whining after six weeks. Mike Ditka

Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their players and motivate. Vince Lombardi

It is still a coach's game. Make no mistake. You start at the top. If you don't have a good one at the top, you don't have a cut-dog's chance. If you do, the rest falls into place. You have to have good assistants, and a lot of things, but first you have to have a chairman of the board. Bear Bryant

You're never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you're never as bad as they say when you lose. Lou Holtz

Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control. Tom Landry

You know the only difference between a three week old puppy and a sports writer- The puppy quits whining after six weeks. Mike Ditka

Funny stuff, except that I am not whining, I talk to several of the players on a weekly basis and the ones that do work their tails off and put everything they have into it every week are very frustrated right now. I support this team 110% percent and do not blame either the coaches or the players completely for the last three games but I do support this coaching staff, it is a good one, and I do support the players.

This program does not need people on here trashing the coaches, the staff has remained the same except for a change in the head coach, everyone knew this was going to be a rebuilding year going in, I am not upset that we have lost games I am upset by how we have lost games.

[/quote

Those were definitely words of wisdom in my book. Could you come give the talks to the players?

Funny stuff, except that I am not whining, I talk to several of the players on a weekly basis and the ones that do work their tails off and put everything they have into it every week are very frustrated right now. I support this team 110% percent and do not blame either the coaches or the players completely for the last three games but I do support this coaching staff, it is a good one, and I do support the players.

This program does not need people on here trashing the coaches, the staff has remained the same except for a change in the head coach, everyone knew this was going to be a rebuilding year going in, I am not upset that we have lost games I am upset by how we have lost games.

No, 5A , it's not funny stuff. Especially when your suggestion or support as you refer to it is to "rip the Raiders stickers off the helmets and make them wear practice jerseys during the game." Oh, yes, public humilation is the method of choice when you are wishing to motiviate young men. I, too, talk to the players -guess what -one of them actually lives with me! This team is demoralized, and that is exactly why they are playing with "no emotion". This does not take a sports psychologist to figure out. Criticism is not equated to "trashing coaches" and, there is some criticism due:

when you do not allow your team a post game huddle on the field

when your constant post game theme is "you are selfish players"

when you tell a bus load of players before the game "you are acting like idiots and dumbasses"

when you do not allow your player a post game "break it down"

when you do not make a single positive comment following the game

..then you are due some criticism. And, that is not trashing, it is criticizing. When a player does not feel that his head coach believes in him, then he can't believe in himself. And, the "you s**k" becomes a self-fullfilling prophecy. But, since you talk to these players "every week" you should know this already. Your diagnosis is wrong...it is not "frustration" it is "demoralization". The motivation and desire have to be instilled. Hopefully, it is not too late to do that...

No, 5A , it's not funny stuff. Especially when your suggestion or support as you refer to it is to "rip the Raiders stickers off the helmets and make them wear practice jerseys during the game." Oh, yes, public humilation is the method of choice when you are wishing to motiviate young men. I, too, talk to the players -guess what -one of them actually lives with me! This team is demoralized, and that is exactly why they are playing with "no emotion". This does not take a sports psychologist to figure out. Criticism is not equated to "trashing coaches" and, there is some criticism due:

when you do not allow your team a post game huddle on the field

when your constant post game theme is "you are selfish players"

when you tell a bus load of players before the game "you are acting like idiots and dumbasses"

when you do not allow your player a post game "break it down"

when you do not make a single positive comment following the game

..then you are due some criticism. And, that is not trashing, it is criticizing. When a player does not feel that his head coach believes in him, then he can't believe in himself. And, the "you s**k" becomes a self-fullfilling prophecy. But, since you talk to these players "every week" you should know this already. Your diagnosis is wrong...it is not "frustration" it is "demoralization". The motivation and desire have to be instilled. Hopefully, it is not too late to do that...

very good post

I am not even going to respond to anymore of your post... Raiders have a good week of practice and leave it all out on the field Friday night. Wilson Central always plays tough and this will be a dog-fight. Plus I am sure they are pretty steamed from last weeks game.

Coffee County is be coming like UT a basketball school.