JCS visits TCA

Stockerd

Its exciting to get win #1 vs. JCS. I just hope more will come in the future. This "rivalry". I say that hesitantly because TCA is like 1 and 18 vs. JCS. But school to school sport to sport, the TCA and JCS rivalry is one of the best in Jackson. Alot of the kids grow up playing sports togeather and against each other in county and city leagues. The student bodies, players, and fans for both schools showed great respect and sportsmanship last night in a great football game. Its really good to see the two area Christian schools representing Christ in all they do. Good Luck to JCS and TCA the rest of the year.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best football game I have ever attended for so many reasons. First it was a great game WELL worth the price of admission; exciting from the first whistle to way past the end of the game. But it was also a great game because unlike so many of the previous TCA vs JCS matchups there were NO injuries. These two school have beat each other up every time with guys on one or both teams getting carried off the field. Last year there was a broken femur and a fractured elbow but this year the trainers didn't have to do anything but stretch a couple of cramps and enjoy the game /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> The sportsmanship on both sides of the field was awesome. It was true competition cleanly executed. My source on the field said there was comraderie along with competition between the two teams and I saw many examples of players helping the other team up off the field. I saw no dirty hits either way.

And perhaps even more special, this is one time that there really wasn't a loser. Yeah, JCS took one in the L column but they had NOTHING to be ashamed of or feel bad about at all. The outcome was decided in the last second by our Lord after a gutsy decision by the TCA coaches because that play could have gone either way.

Congratulations to everyone for a fantastic night of football.

The outcome was decided in the last second by our Lord after a gutsy decision by the TCA coaches because that play could have gone either way.

I'm pretty sure God had nothing to do with the outcome of that game. I greatly admire TCA's and JCS's openness about their faith, but God doesn't determine the outcome of sporting events. I would hope He has more important things to worry about.

JCS didn't play to their potential at all in this game. I watched the defense actually stand there and watch the play go by them. I think after seeing JCS destroy Humboldt, TCA would've been handled again if they didn't foolishly overlook them. Either way props to TCA. JCS deserved the defeat for playing that way.