District 11A

thenomad

Culleoka is probably the best defensive team in the region. But Summertown and Collinwood are probably the two best teams. It will be an interesting tournament to watch. Friday night in Collinwood very well may have been a preview of the region championship. I don't know if Culleoka can play with either team.

i havnt seen cully play. but if they play defense then it might be a good match up. it doesnt seem summertown or collinwood played.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Culleoka comes out and plays defense they can play with anybody!! But I agree with judgesmales, Collinwood and Summertown are probably the best two teams in the region. Culleoka has no chance if they get into a scoring battle with either team. Culleoka is not a high scoring team, they focus on defense!!

collinwood is not one of the best two teams in the district they have had almost the same team for three years and still can't be summertown.They can't play defense i assume because they gave up a hundered to summertown. If they can't play defense aginst summertown then they can't make it to the state tournement and i believe whoever wins this region will go to the state tournement.Culleoka is not a high scoring team because they play defense they don't have to be a high scoring team summertown and collinwood have to be high scoring teams to win most games.When culleoka wants to score they could score anytime they wanted to aginst both teams, I am not saying they will because they have to do the playing not be but they have the ability to score on any team.

As for CA i haven't seen them play but i know there players and know who they have and how they play you would think after a year together that they would play better together than they do now.

Summertown has only played two teams that are quick and athletic and they are 1-1 aginst them they beat spring hill who is having a good year but also lost to independence and they are having a good year too. But all I am saying is that summertown will have trouble with the athletic teams.

Now comparing summertown to culleoka is tough because of the totally different styles of play but culleoka has beating franklin county, humme fogg, and there only lose is to westview who returns threee starters from a state tournement team in double A Culleoka's largest amount givin up is 67 then 53 that is impressive aginst Humme Fogg i know that they had a returing starter who averaged 26 point per game last year and they held them to 53 points as a team. I don't konw much about summertown but summertown has givin up this is aginst good competition 85 to collinwood, 70 to spring hill (scored 73),72 aginst lewis county(1-7 team)and 62 to independence(lost 62-54).sos is close to the same but they need to outscore to win culleoka don't.Collinwood isn't even in the question because there schedule isn't good and they lost to summertown and they lost to forrest after being ranked 2nd overrated to me.

Summertown is averaging 86.7 points a game. To me thats a pretty sound offense. Not to mention that normally 5 players are putting up double digits, and most games ALL 12 players are getting on the board. Summertown is allowing an average of 61 pts.

no one is saying they dont have a good offense, no one is saying collinwood doesnt have a good offense. they're saying neither one seem to play defense.

scoring tons of points is good and everything, and if you can score a ton and not play defense and STILL win, then thats good. but eventually you're going to run into a game where your shots off, and there still gonna score a bunch of points and you wont. thats the problem with that strategy.

guy from cornersville,

guy from richland is alright,

the guys from cully.

and whiteside from CA, although hes no where as big as these other guys, hes averaging about 18-20 a game.

Which kid from Richland? Parsons maybe! Cornersville has the Stiles kid and I think you have to include the Darnell Kid. Culleoka has 3 or 4 of the top players in Stephens, Beach, Beach, and I think you could add Holt purely on his defensive game. The Williams kid from CA is by far the best point guard. Thomason from Santa Fe along with the Gardner kid. Huntland has 2 or 3 that can play. i don't think anyone from Moore Co. makes the list.

Summertown is averaging 86.7 points a game. To me thats a pretty sound offense. Not to mention that normally 5 players are putting up double digits, and most games ALL 12 players are getting on the board. Summertown is allowing an average of 61 pts.

when they start playing defense like culleoka and allow about 40 points a game then tell me numbers scoring won't win anyone a championship what would they do aginst humbolt or mannass.

Culleoka hasn't allowed more than 50 points only twice both aginst double a teams. Culleoka played Cascade last night and only allowed 7 points the first half Cascade's leading score had 0 in the first half and maybe 10 all game. The last 6 single A teams have all scored 37 points or lower aginst them with are largest scoring at 71 aginst forrest a team that beat Collinwood 48-46 i think and Culleoka beats them by close to 40 you tell me what that means. Defense will show up every game offense will not!

the top two post players are with out a doubt shawn and antwane from culleoka nobody can stop them in the region let alone the district

we will see who can stop who when they play cornersville. im not saying that cornersville will win the game but in no way will the just shut darnell down. they are not physical enough to shut him down completely. they should be dominant when they are 6'8!

we will see who can stop who when they play cornersville. im not saying that cornersville will win the game but in no way will the just shut darnell down. they are not physical enough to shut him down completely. they should be dominant when they are 6'8!

And they are!!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />