DeKalb County @ Pearl-Cohn

volsrule #1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dekalb wins by 100 /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

DeKalb going to Pearl Cohn will dampen that 100 prediction by about 60+. Their band will get on Poteete's last nerve. DeKalb may win but I got a feeling that DeKalb will know they played. If Pearl Cohn thinks of DC as the Tigers in the past, and the Tigers think of PC's and speed in the past the jitters may be a little lopsided. Pearl Cohn is probably getting reemed for losing as much as they have and DC may be a little over confident. If Pearl Cohn pulls the upset at home I won't be surprised.

You know things have changed when people ask "can Pearl Cohn stop DeKalb" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I look for DeKalb Co. to get a bigger fight than most believe in this one. I know it is only WEEK 6 but this is going to be "Senior Night" at Pearl Cohn. Their final three games are all on the road at White House, Greenbrier, & Station Camp (bye comes in Week 9). Look for the Firebirds senior players (McLaurin & Roberts) to play very hard.

In the end DeKalb Co. must win this game. They started off great with a win over Greenbrier. If they can manage to win at PC then they'll stay on course. In Week 7 they play Upperman (non-region). If DeKalb Co. can beat Pearl Cohn & Sycamore then there will be NO WAY that they miss the playoffs. NOT A CHANCE!!! They would be locked in before they ever stepped onto the field to play Macon Co. in the final week of the season.

If White House beats Station Camp & DeKalb Co. beats White House (and wins all of their other games) then guess who wins Region 4-3A?????? DEKALB COUNTY /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That would force a 3-WAY TIEBREAKER between White House, Station Camp, & DeKalb Co. White House lost a non-region game to Alcoa. Station Camp lost non-region games to Beech & Hendersonville. DeKalb Co. can only lose a total of 1 non-region game AT THE MOST (before mentioned game against Upperman). If they beat Upperman then they'd be 9-1 and unbeaten in non-region play under this scenaro.

DeKalb Co.: 28

Pearl Cohn: 14

Pearl Cohn won't have but about 5-6 seniors walking this week. Outside of McLaurin they'll have no major ball handlers who will graduate next spring. On defense they are REALLY YOUNG!!!!

Better get them while you can folks because this time next year they are going to be GOOD!!!

Hats off to the Tigers season its has been a wonderful year thus far, the coaches have done a remarkable job with this group of young men. I saw this coming last year, you all are good at what yall do. Pearl-Cohn on the other hand is a very talanted young team, I was impressed with the offensive play last week against Stratford. Even though the Firebirds lost the game I feel they won in alot of areas. Special teams and lack of offense has hurt this team all year but I saw great improvement this week versus a speedy Stratford squad. PC mixed the offensive sets very well but I would like to see them throw the ball just a little more to keep the D off balance. Also, the DB's got their work in and from the looks of things those guys are good (soph). The Tigers dont have speed like Stratford and their QB is not as good as Stratfords look for PC to break in the region win column this week.

Hats off to the Tigers season its has been a wonderful year thus far, the coaches have done a remarkable job with this group of young men. I saw this coming last year, you all are good at what yall do. Pearl-Cohn on the other hand is a very talanted young team, I was impressed with the offensive play last week against Stratford. Even though the Firebirds lost the game I feel they won in alot of areas. Special teams and lack of offense has hurt this team all year but I saw great improvement this week versus a speedy Stratford squad. PC mixed the offensive sets very well but I would like to see them throw the ball just a little more to keep the D off balance. Also, the DB's got their work in and from the looks of things those guys are good (soph). The Tigers dont have speed like Stratford and their QB is not as good as Stratfords look for PC to break in the region win column this week.

DeKalb's QB is better than Stratfords!

DeKalb's QB is better than Stratfords!

I agree I seen the kid on film and he is a player! I think he runs around and looks to make plays. He is one of the few quarterbacks who I have seen that is always lookinng downfield when he is running around in the pocket. I think DeKalb is a threat to win this region. Wow how that would be a huge turnaround! Good for those guys though after being the doormat of the Region for 3 years to make a run at the title.

DeKalb has a good QB but he hasn't had two guys that come off the edge as hard as PCs ends. Do you actually think he is going to run around this week and play superman, not a chance. This kid is good but he is now going to have to prove that he can play against really good talent. That kid from Stratford was nice and he is just a junior, you all need to see that kid he is special.

DeKalb Co. is better than Stratford IMO. There's no way that the Spartans would hang "46" on Greenbrier this season. I watched the webcast of Stratford against David Lipscomb and I also saw DeKalb Co. play Greenbrier.

Stratford is more athletic than DeKalb Co. but DeKalb Co. is more fundamentally sound and they also have a better leader back there in #10. He should get some consideration for 3A Mr. Football Back either this year or next year when he is a senior. Poteete is truly a WINNER!!!

The Poteete kid is a WINNER, he is GOOD, he is all these great things you have described him to be, but like I stated earlier he has not seen a solid front seven like this all year. If he has time yeah he might hurt PC, their secondary is improving so he might have problems. So he beat a couple of cupcake teams outside of the region WOW, the Bobcats are a good team but the Tigers caught them early in the year. You gotta look at the fact that the Tigers have been practing for this year starting last year, they are supposed to be doing something right. They jumped out on the Bisons but by them not being use to winning what happen they shocked themselves and got the brakes beat off them. I saw #3 yesterday throwing the football for PC thats the starting QB not the 3rd string that has been playing for 3 weeks, the Tigers are in for a long night.

My cousin saw #3 yesterday as well. From what he told me PC better stick with #11 if they want to win this week. But then again I am just waiting for Oct 31.... Don't play with it! LOL!

I am sure Station Camp is licking their chops to play Pearl Cohn. They may be more anxious than even White House to play the Firebirds. Pearl Cohn has taken two outright region titles, two unbeaten seasons, and a playoff game from Station Camp the last two years alone. OUCH!!!! 2 of those 3 matchups were played at Station Camp as well.

This year's game on 10/31 is played...............at Station Camp /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The Bison will be playing to avoid going 0-for against Pearl Cohn.