Munford Wins Brighton Invitational Tournament

76Stinger

Brighton High School held an Invitational Tournament this past Saturday. It was a well run, organized tournament.

The Munford Cougars Volleyball team beat Southside 25-20; 20-25; 15-9 to win the Brighton Cardinals Invitational Volleyball Tournament Saturday, Sept 27th. They rolled through the tournament beating USJ 25-8; 25-17, Southside 25-22; 25-21 in pool play, then beat Trinity 25-9; 25-18 in bracket play before beating Southside for the Championship!

Scarlet Gable was selected as the tournament MVP. Congratulations to Scarlet and the rest of the Cougars - Lizzie, Megan, Brandi, Crystal, Savannah, Courtney, Hope, and Rachel!

Coach max wasx going to send me the results and they haven't gotten here. Congrats to Munford who is coming ahead strong at the last half of the Season. And Congrats to Scarlett. Wish I had the others on the all Tournament team.

Munford has a very good Offensive minded team. Setting may keep them from making any noise in the State Tourney later down the road, but I don't think there is any doubt about them going to be in Murfreesboro!! I am glad that I finally got to see who the "Flyin Hawaiian" was. She is a magnificent player with a bright future. As for the tourney, very well run, however I find it awfully suspicious that Munford, Southside and USJ were in one pool and Brighton, Trinity & Northside in the other, very lopsided. Anyways, we enjoyed the day of volleyball and actually got a little better at some things by the end of the day.....Great job Munford and congrats on the win.