Summertown High School football...

MrTSSAA

I was looking at the enrollment stats on high schools in tennessee and was wondering why Summertown does not have a football program... I can ever recall them having one, but I was wondering if anyone knew why the didn't... Summertown always has good athletes come out for basketball, tennis, baseball... I would think with an enrollment of over 400 that there would be a football team...what's the deal... also where do these kids go to if they want to play football... Collinwood...Wayne Co... someone is getting a steal when it comes to athletes here...

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was looking at the enrollment stats on high schools in tennessee and was wondering why Summertown does not have a football program... I can ever recall them having one, but I was wondering if anyone knew why the didn't... Summertown always has good athletes come out for basketball, tennis, baseball... I would think with an enrollment of over 400 that there would be a football team...what's the deal... also where do these kids go to if they want to play football... Collinwood...Wayne Co... someone is getting a steal when it comes to athletes here...

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

They go to Lawrence County to play. When I was at LAWCO I think we had 2 and one of the started his senior year but I dont think they get to many contributors from there. Thats the difference in a 4A school though.