Milan at JCS

baddawg

Guest nwtnsports

Thanks for the info, volsken. It has been a tough but fun last two years in 8AA. I know Coach Stewart will have the Eagles up for this game, and it would be a huge win for them.

If you want to get more inside the numbers, the game preview is up on the football page over at milanhighsports.com. Check out the Eagle and Bulldog scouting reports. Then pick this week's winner in the poll. JCS fans can get the Milan roster and stats on the site.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the better half of both teams maybe we will get different refs from the Milan USJ game. They were terrible all game giving first downs to USJ. I want to see a good called clean game and see what happens. Milan will be too much for JCS just watch the crowd start leaving early.

Husker says Milan 49-17!!!

If you want to get more inside the numbers, the game preview is up on the football page over at milanhighsports.com. Check out the Eagle and Bulldog scouting reports. Then pick this week's winner in the poll. JCS fans can get the Milan roster and stats on the site.

That's a nice site with great info. Hats off to whoever keeps that info current.

Westview did not shut Will Johnson down. He only carried the ball 6 times and he got 89 yards I don't call that shutting down...That is 14 yards a carry. He hurt his elbow in that game and sat out most of the second and third quarter... JCS had more total yards than Westview. JCS fumbled twice inside their own 20 leading to easy Westview scores. (Give Westview credit for taking advantage of them) They also threw an interception in the red zone. The score in no way indicates the closeness of that game. JCS had 317 yards total offense and Westview 311.

The first three games combined Will Johnson only carried the ball 21 total times--- Don't ask me why but he still averaged around 9-10 yards a carry. The last three they have been much more balanced. He carried 17 times for 179 yards against Gibson County. 18 times for 138 against Trinity and 22 times for 216 yards against Humboldt.

JCS averages 172 yards rushing a game and 187 yards passing. That's about as balanced as you get... At one point in the Gibson County game JCS had 240 yards rushing and 241 yards passing with 9 rushing first downs and 9 passing first downs.

No predictions on the game... Just hope the Eagles from the Gibson County, Humboldt game show up and not the ones from the Trinity game... Just wanted to set the record straight on a few things... I'm going to be in Atlanta... I can't believe that the one game I'm missing all year is this one... At least I will be laughing at Jeff Foxworthy during the game... Go Eagles!!!

Milan, we've loved being in this Region... Even if we do get whipped every once in a while... It has been an exciting playoff atmosphere every week... Great football... If the TSSAA hadn't moved us out of this region into insanity we'd be staying D-1 without a doubt... Hate it but it is the way it is...

Westview's Coach Coady was quoted, I think in the Jackson Sun, as saying that Westview never did stop JCS, but that JCS stopped themselves all night long.

On the better half of both teams maybe we will get different refs from the Milan USJ game. They were terrible all game giving first downs to USJ. I want to see a good called clean game and see what happens. Milan will be too much for JCS just watch the crowd start leaving early.

Husker says Milan 49-17!!!

Let's hope that you are as accurate with your pick this week as you were last week for the USJ/Milan game.

If if's ands and buts were candy and nuts, everday would be Christmas. IF the refs were better, IF we had our starting DB's. IF, IF, IF.........geez, give the IF's a rest will ya?

Just play ball............NO EXCUSES!

Let's hope that you are as accurate with your pick this week as you were last week for the USJ/Milan game.

If if's ands and buts were candy and nuts, everday would be Christmas. IF the refs were better, IF we had our starting DB's. IF, IF, IF.........geez, give the IF's a rest will ya?

Just play ball............NO EXCUSES!

Did You Say Candy And Nuts? Being From JCS You Can Say Nuts?

The question is whether JCS can stop the Bulldog rush better than USJ. I really don't think the Eagles can pass as good as the Bruins but I am sure they can run the ball better than USJ. They Eagles seem to mix it up pretty well. I know their main weapon seems to be the Johnson kid. Looking forward to Friday night!!! Hope for a good safe football game.

Come on now, give credit where credit is due - USJ did have a rushing yard vs. Milan! For JCS to have a chance in this one they had better come with an intense defense up front to stop the run (not losing site of the fact that the QB can run and throw) and a mixed attack on offense favoring the air attack. Don't think Johnson will have much luck through the line and it will be tough to get around the ends. Good luck and hope for a good close game.

Just be there as a witness yourself. The last game was bull and this one will be it. So SHHHHH!!! It will get ugly quick if you keep talking I will run the Milan flag on the JCS side and hush them and hopefully get BOOOOO"S!!!!!!

Husker, I've read several of your posts lately and in the ones that are even halfway understandable I've yet to detect anything that resembles an intelligent thought. I don't have to wait for you to run with a flag, I'm booing you now!

Guest nwtnsports

That's a nice site with great info. Hats off to whoever keeps that info current.

Thanks so much. I'll pass that along to the guy who updates it.

Hope you fine JCS fans don't think that a few of the Milan posters on here represent all the Bulldog Nation. They let this talent, a couple of big wins and a state ranking go to their heads.

Here's another stat for you: JCS and Milan have two common opponents, Gibson Co. and Humboldt. The Eagles and Bulldogs outscored them both - JCS 86-7 and Milan 64-13.

Congratulations to Coach Morris for being named the Titans' Coach of the Week!