GPS vs Baylor

ndsoccer88

Well I guess I will start this thread. Old rivals GPS and Baylor go at it on the soccer field Tuesday night. Everyone knows about Baylor. Undefeated, top ranked in the state, ranked #11 in the nation by ESPN. While GPS is not having a typical GPS year.....anyone that has seen them play knows they are a tough and physical team that does not give up.

GPS will be up for this game like no other this season since Baylor is "their big rivalry game". It's GPS....so Baylor will be up also. When rivals like this play....you can throw out the records, etc.

So.......predictions?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess since i started the thread I will make my prediction now. Since this is a huge rivalry I think it will be close than expected. GPS wants this game badly but Baylor obviously does also. I don't see an upset at all....but as always it will be hard fought and intense.

Baylor 3

GPS 1

I actually think Baylor will dominate even more... and shut them out...

Baylor 4

GPS 0

I am sure both teams will be "up" for this game. When it is "the" game for you it is not hard to get your players ready. Webb traveled to Chattanooga twice this year...first to face GPS and last to face Baylor. While GPS is a physical team....they play clean and hard. Baylor is just a great tactical team. Skilled in every position and just a very sound team. You know they are going to play hard and clean everytime you play them. You just can't pick against Baylor in this game but you know that GPS will play there best game yet....this game will bring it out in both.

Baylor 3

GPS 1

While I have yet to see the Baylor team play, I am familiar with the calibur of a number of their players and their coach. They have deep talent and solid fundamental skills. They are always confident and consistent.

I have caught a GPS game and was impressed with their defensive tactics while matched up with a tough offense. They have a very knowledgable and well-respected coach in Barrueta and he was able to hold a typically high-scoring team to 1 goal. The keeper, who I understand to be a freshman, first-time goalie was outstanding. It did not seem that they had much on the offensive side of the ball and the mid-field had trouble with possession and accurate delivery. I also noted that they had a very low number of girls on the bench - maybe a number of injuries?

I agree that this will be a Baylor win, but if GPS is able to use the same defensive tactics, I think they hold them to a single goal differential.

Baylor 2

GPS 1

It will be hard for GPS to mount an offense against Baylor. They will have to hope for success when counterattacking and with set pieces. If GPS is fired up and concentrates all 80 minutes, Baylor will have to work to score. Josie Rix is a "women among girls", so to speak, in the central defense. Still, Baylor has too much offensive talent to go with its excellent defense. I see this one going 2 or 3 to 0 in favor of Baylor.

Typically when these two teams go at it, no matter the sport, it is closer than you would think. Rivalries seem to bring out the best in both teams. So while Baylor is the favored team I know that GPS will bring their best Tuesday night. I see a closer score than some think....

Baylor 3

GPS 1

I agree in what you say but think it will be a shutout. Baylor 2....GPS 0.

Typically when these two teams go at it, no matter the sport, it is closer than you would think. Rivalries seem to bring out the best in both teams. So while Baylor is the favored team I know that GPS will bring their best Tuesday night. I see a closer score than some think....

Baylor 3

GPS 1