Who has been to a DeKalb County game?

TigerPride23

What did you think of the Tigers? If you went to a home game what did you think about the atmosphere at Vanhooser stadium? We got a good team this year and I was just wondering about your opinions and thoughts.

DeKalb's stadium is "out there". I thought we were country until I drove out to DeKalb. We entered and went straight to the visitors side. Small section and the idea to have a light post on the sidelight right at the 50 wasn't the best planning ever. Even DeKalb's side is small for it to be a "county" school.

Let's face it..The Tigers have been a whipping post for a lot of years. Greenbrier hasn't lost to DeKalb since 1979 until this season, but just as Greenbrier also had fate come around when we beat White House after a long losing streak, the rebuilding years pay off eventually. Once Hunter Poteete is gone, you may slip because he's been at the wheel there for a while and it may take a while to get someone that good to take his place. Station Camp was at 1-9 in recent past, and I don't see DeKalb becoming a Station Camp force after one good season because Station Camp is loading not only their football team, but overloading their school due to a population boom there. I don't see a big population shift to Smithville...or Greenbrier...so you gotta work with what you've got and wait for the tide to turn, like it has for you guys, and will again for us.

Why don't you just say "CONGRATS" instead of running down the DeKalb stadium, the DeKalb football team once Poteete is gone, and comparing them as being "inferior" to Station Camp (soon to move up in class anyway).

BTW, this thread isn't about the "Future of Greenbrier Football" either so go start your own thread if that's what you want to talk about.

As for me I'd like to say CONGRATS TO DEKALB COUNTY!!!! Poteete is a winner and Trapp has built a great foundation for success. It's nice to see a program turn around and start doing onto others as they've had done onto them in the past. Good Luck the rest of the way and IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

After reading the previous post I especially want to say CONGRATS on that win at home in Week 2.

DeKalb's stadium is "out there". I thought we were country until I drove out to DeKalb. We entered and went straight to the visitors side. Small section and the idea to have a light post on the sidelight right at the 50 wasn't the best planning ever. Even DeKalb's side is small for it to be a "county" school.

Let's face it..The Tigers have been a whipping post for a lot of years. Greenbrier hasn't lost to DeKalb since 1979 until this season, but just as Greenbrier also had fate come around when we beat White House after a long losing streak, the rebuilding years pay off eventually. Once Hunter Poteete is gone, you may slip because he's been at the wheel there for a while and it may take a while to get someone that good to take his place. Station Camp was at 1-9 in recent past, and I don't see DeKalb becoming a Station Camp force after one good season because Station Camp is loading not only their football team, but overloading their school due to a population boom there. I don't see a big population shift to Smithville...or Greenbrier...so you gotta work with what you've got and wait for the tide to turn, like it has for you guys, and will again for us.

I agree with the majority of the above, but then I comprehended the question of wanting opinions.

The Tigers have a good team this year and have turned the corner. Rebuilding years come to every team except for ones that constantly reload like Maryville, Alcoa, Lipscomb and White House. In smaller schools like DeKalb (and Greenbrier) the talent pool ebbs and flows. DeKalb is doing great this year behind their qb and will make noise in the playoffs. Poteete may not have a understudy as good as he is. It's hard to get time in as a qb with one whose presence is so vital on the field. Other than that, talent comes and goes for all schools. It's the nature of the beast.

I agree with the majority of the above, but then I comprehended the question of wanting opinions.

The Tigers have a good team this year and have turned the corner. Rebuilding years come to every team except for ones that constantly reload like Maryville, Alcoa, Lipscomb and White House. In smaller schools like DeKalb (and Greenbrier) the talent pool ebbs and flows. DeKalb is doing great this year behind their qb and will make noise in the playoffs. Poteete may not have a understudy as good as he is. It's hard to get time in as a qb with one whose presence is so vital on the field. Other than that, talent comes and goes for all schools. It's the nature of the beast.

He made fun of the stadium.

He made jokes about their past years. Also he said they'd be bad again when Poteete is gone.

He tried to compare them to Station Camp (a much larger school).

What does any of that have to do with the 2008 DeKalb Co. football team when it comes to their performance on the field???? Notice the first post did say "THIS YEAR" which doesn't mean the past or the future. It means 2008. What I see in 2008 is a team that is 5-1 and will be 6-1 after they hammer Upperman tomorrow night.

It is like I said about people with irrelevant opinions on the other thread............. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hunter Poteete ....when he was young and lived in the boro he lived in my subdivision and my boys went up there a few weeks ago to watch him play and they said that hunter is really good and they should throw almost every down because the run game wasnt that good...but they are biased since hunter is their friend...e also played T ball for me and i had him at 3rd base my son was at first and man we threw people out all the time lol good to hear he is doiong well i wish he was about 3-6 inches taller

Hunter Poteete ....when he was young and lived in the boro he lived in my subdivision and my boys went up there a few weeks ago to watch him play and they said that hunter is really good and they should throw almost every down because the run game wasnt that good...but they are biased since hunter is their friend...e also played T ball for me and i had him at 3rd base my son was at first and man we threw people out all the time lol good to hear he is doiong well i wish he was about 3-6 inches taller

If that were the case then Urban Meyer would be in Smithville. He can run it and throw it deep (with accuracy).