What about district 13-A

InspectorVol

BSfan,

How many did Greer score?

Don't know for sure but i think around low 20's maybe. This was so one sided in foul calls it was rediculous. Big Sandy only went to the line twice the whole game. They would not call a foul on WC. We had 3 horrible calls with less than a minute left that kept giving WC a chance to win. What they say about the greer kid is true, all you have to do is look his direction when he has the ball and they will call a foul. Big Sandy played so hard tonight and deserved the win just to have it taken away by the refs. I could sit here and complain about a certain baldheaded ref all night but you know what " YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" Can't wait to get WC at Big Sandy should be another good game.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I would think Greer scored in the lower 20's upper teens... He had alteast 2 obvious fouls that were not called..Our only player to shoot foul shots all night was Cox, noone else even made it to the line.. It was ridiculous... I thought the boys played an excellent 2nd half and deserved better. This is HS for goodness sake why all the obvious favortism... It hopefully will be a different story at home and come play off time..If WC is truly the better team they should not need the help...The boys fought hard and played well.. Not as good as I have seen them play though, they can still do alot better for sure...Also about the particular ref SimpleMan pointed out it was not him last night... He might have missed some calls but who doesn't, the outright biased calls came from one of the other refs..I think the ref the previous post was referring too has done much better in our recent games..JMHO...

Yeah I would think Greer scored in the lower 20's upper teens... He had alteast 2 obvious fouls that were not called..Our only player to shoot foul shots all night was Cox, noone else even made it to the line.. It was ridiculous... I thought the boys played an excellent 2nd half and deserved better. This is HS for goodness sake why all the obvious favortism... It hopefully will be a different story at home and come play off time..If WC is truly the better team they should not need the help...The boys fought hard and played well.. Not as good as I have seen them play though, they can still do alot better for sure...Also about the particular ref SimpleMan pointed out it was not him last night... He might have missed some calls but who doesn't, the outright biased calls came from one of the other refs..I think the ref the previous post was referring too has done much better in our recent games..JMHO...

Sounds like a typical game at WC. He gets every call in the book plus a few no one has seen yet but he can't do any wrong. I bet he averages 1 or less fouls a game. No starter who plays as much as him has that less of fouls. No way his defense is that good.

Good luck BS when they come to your place. If the game was called like you said then it should be a good game in your gym. I loved playing there.

yea it was a great game, and it should be even better when they come here!!! both teams played a extremely hard, it was a really positive team effort for our team, by coming back to put ourselves in position to win the game!! we showed good signs in the locker room as far as team leadership in these past couple games "BIG PART OF THIS GOES TOWARD SENIOR LEADERSHIP". Our coach has done so much for us, as far as bringing us together. so our next game is FRIDAY night against HUNTINGDON!!! EVERYONE COME OUT AND SUPPORT!!!!!

Yea i know he was not the one who made the bad calls right at the end of the game it was the others, but he had his share. That ref i was talking about has a long history of missing calls and not just in BS games. I am not as irratated as i was last night so you are right. The boys are looking really good as a team and you are right we are not at our best yet. The long break really set us back a little but we are starting to put it together. So there should be some good games toward the end of the season. I just hate to see our boys fight so hard and lose because of something out of their control.Camdenballer09 is right the refs baby greer big time. The whole team for that matter .Every time one of our players even got close to one of WC players his dad was on the bench whinning about not getting a foul call. Greer is a good player but but i think he is over hyped a little. If he was in any district other than 13a i think he would be in trouble.

Yea i know he was not the one who made the bad calls right at the end of the game it was the others, but he had his share. That ref i was talking about has a long history of missing calls and not just in BS games. I am not as irratated as i was last night so you are right. The boys are looking really good as a team and you are right we are not at our best yet. The long break really set us back a little but we are starting to put it together. So there should be some good games toward the end of the season. I just hate to see our boys fight so hard and lose because of something out of their control.Camdenballer09 is right the refs baby greer big time. The whole team for that matter .Every time one of our players even got close to one of WC players his dad was on the bench whinning about not getting a foul call. Greer is a good player but but i think he is over hyped a little. If he was in any district other than 13a i think he would be in trouble.

You sure are right on that last part. If he had been playing in our district all his career his stats would be half what he has.

A lot of the players we play commit to play for a college team their Junior season. I think Camden had a bad district to have to play in the last 4 years. lol

Greer is very good. He should be playing D1 ball when his high school career is over. He's a junior. He's 6'4" and he can handle the ball. He can shoot three's, and he can drive to the hoop. You may not like Greer, but he is a very talented, young man, who should be playing D1 ball next year.

I beg to differ....You cannot honestly be making your assumption that Greer has the ability to play D1 ball on him playing well in arguably one of the worst districts in west TN. That a pretty crazy statement if you ask me. He is one of the more talented plays in 13a but i would not even go as far as saying he is the best player in the district. He wouldnt be able to hold his own in 60% of the districts in TN. I just dont see it. He very well could prove me wrong but im placing my bets otherwise. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Greer is very good. He should be playing D1 ball when his high school career is over. He's a junior. He's 6'4" and he can handle the ball. He can shoot three's, and he can drive to the hoop. You may not like Greer, but he is a very talented, young man, who should be playing D1 ball next year.

I don't have anything against greer he is a good player but u have to take into consideration that he is driving and shooting 3's against players in 13a and gets plenty of help from the refs. Thats not to take anything away from the players in 13a. They are several good players in this district. Several of which play for BS.If he was in 14a or 10 and the like, the defence and size of some of the players would be a big problem for him. Hope you are right but i don't think so /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> In the game against BS Cox played every bit as well as greer and guarded him probably as good as greer has seen all season. Good job to all the BS players. BS proved they are the best team in the district and will be the team to beat come tournament time.

I don't have anything against greer he is a good player but u have to take into consideration that he is driving and shooting 3's against players in 13a and gets plenty of help from the refs. Thats not to take anything away from the players in 13a. They are several good players in this district. Several of which play for BS.If he was in 14a or 10 and the like, the defence and size of some of the players would be a big problem for him. Hope you are right but i don't think so /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> In the game against BS Cox played every bit as well as greer and guarded him probably as good as greer has seen all season. Good job to all the BS players. BS proved they are the best team in the district and will be the team to beat come tournament time.

You're right. I'm not a good defensive player at all and I always hold him under 20 points. The only time he has ever scored over that is when coach played us in some sort of zone for most of the game. He is a very good player and I like him despite what you may think, but I really on't see him being D1. He'll go play college but he has a lot to work on before he is D1.

Chris Reeves who plays for Bolivar was top rated Sophomore his 10th grade year and is one of the top players in all 2A and he is only playing for Autin Peay. Greer won't do any better than he is. If anyoneknows my district and players from the past then you would know Ralph Strahorn, Cordero Staten, Reggie Bomar, and Tristan Carter. And last I heard, they played for Jackson State. Being a single A player you have to be very amazing to go D1 and he is just very good. Not amazing.

You're right. I'm not a good defensive player at all and I always hold him under 20 points. The only time he has ever scored over that is when coach played us in some sort of zone for most of the game. He is a very good player and I like him despite what you may think, but I really on't see him being D1. He'll go play college but he has a lot to work on before he is D1.

Chris Reeves who plays for Bolivar was top rated Sophomore his 10th grade year and is one of the top players in all 2A and he is only playing for Autin Peay. Greer won't do any better than he is. If anyoneknows my district and players from the past then you would know Ralph Strahorn, Cordero Staten, Reggie Bomar, and Tristan Carter. And last I heard, they played for Jackson State. Being a single A player you have to be very amazing to go D1 and he is just very good. Not amazing.

Greer is a good player. But i Like the Cuthbertson kid from Big Sandy has good handles and can shoot lights out.