How is everyone doing?

usbc1

I am just a fan of bowling and have become very interested in high school bowling and how the kids are doing. I have been watching the blogs this year because another coach said that there was some interesting information on here. While i have caught some of the discussions about coverstock, which ball to use, etc. I have also been keeping up with how you kids have been bowling. So far I see that most of you believe Brandon Barnes is the one to beat, that Smyrna is to win the state championship this year, and that there has been some upheaval with the teams from east tn.

Is there anyone else out there who has some good things going? Any other bowlers that could give Brandon a run for his money? What other teams are to be considered?

I hope you all have a great year!

• 4 weeks later...

I am just a fan of bowling and have become very interested in high school bowling and how the kids are doing. I have been watching the blogs this year because another coach said that there was some interesting information on here. While i have caught some of the discussions about coverstock, which ball to use, etc. I have also been keeping up with how you kids have been bowling. So far I see that most of you believe Brandon Barnes is the one to beat, that Smyrna is to win the state championship this year, and that there has been some upheaval with the teams from east tn.

Is there anyone else out there who has some good things going? Any other bowlers that could give Brandon a run for his money? What other teams are to be considered?

I hope you all have a great year!

The boy's team on the rise in East Tn has got to be Soddy Daisy they are 6-0 blowing everybody out accept Hixson. They are loaded with sophomore and freshmen talent. Three names I keep hearing alot about is Allyn Pickett, Matt Lyon, and Andy Holden. Pickett a freshmen almost bowled a 300 in tonights match with Signal Mtn, shot 289 and average's 210. Holden a sophomore has come off the bench the last four games to average a insane 240+ and hard throwing soph Matt Lyon is averaging in 2 teens as well.Their two other freshmen are pushing the upper classmen starters hard for starting rows as well. Look for this team to make some noise come tournament time.