District 1AA

coachh17

Krich,

Thank you. We did all we could, asked some tough questions, and kept our heads held high. Coach Chambers has handled himself with dignity and class throughout the whole process. You can fight the powers that be, but you cannot fight what you cannot see, and we can't always get the end result we want. I believe he will land another coaching position and come out on top.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it will be the same cast of characters. Elizabethton, South Greene, Unicoi Co., and Happy Valley are my top four. I do not know if any of the other district teams can make the region. I would like to see the Cyclones reclaim the regular season district crown. It should be another fun season to watch.

Your top 4 teams are a pretty safe bet, but I feel that South Greene is the pre-season favorite. They only lost 1 player from a good team. "Fisher Ball" will always be in the hunt for the title. Cyclones may take a little time to adapt to the graduating seniors but will be in the hunt. A dark horse this season may be Chuckey-Doak who will have a few Seniors who have been together for 4 years now and could crack the top 4. Look for WG, Johnson Co, and North to struggle once again this year.

Fair enough. I do not know much about Chuckey-Doak, but the top three may all be a little down so they may have a chance. Happy Valley may be better than last year and could move up a spot or two.

I agree with your HV assessment. The Bowling girl was a good player as a Freshman last year. HV could be in the 2 or 3 spot in the conference. I just don't see anyone touching South Greene with all the talent they have coming back; but this is why the games have to be played! Should be fun to see how it plays out!

Does anyone have any insight to what is happening to Sullivan Norths program. I thought they were trying to rebuild a program but it seems all that is happening is it is being torn down. I understand that they are down to 12 girls in the entire program and there will be no JV squad this year. This doesn't sound like rebuilding it sounds like dismantling.

All I know about North is that they have not been competetive in the league for many years. I do not know if it is poor feeder programs, lack of athletes, multiple coaching changes, lack of community support, or some combination of any or all of those factors. Twelve players is not enough to sustain a competitive AA program. North has lots of work to do.

Does anyone have any insight to what is happening to Sullivan Norths program. I thought they were trying to rebuild a program but it seems all that is happening is it is being torn down. I understand that they are down to 12 girls in the entire program and there will be no JV squad this year. This doesn't sound like rebuilding it sounds like dismantling.

From what I understand, a few players were upset when The coach stepped down last year. They played a lot of freshmen and were hurt by the transfer of one player (who has transferred back) and by the accident to the Williams girl. Even though they were inexperienced, they enjoyed playing for him. I believe a few of this years freshmen class' parents were behind coach resigning last season. Since Coach Stafford took over, five or six of lasts years players have quit or decided not to come back out for the team.

All I know about North is that they have not been competetive in the league for many years. I do not know if it is poor feeder programs, lack of athletes, multiple coaching changes, lack of community support, or some combination of any or all of those factors. Twelve players is not enough to sustain a competitive AA program. North has lots of work to do.

Unicoi just has 16 total players. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Just checking in and wanted to join the discussion.

First, what happened to Edwards at Unicoi? Where did she transfer? (Please tell me it wasnt South Greene!)

Second, this is the last year of District 1 AA as we know it. The reclassification shakeup will likely put Greeneville in District 1AA and we will lose South Greene and West Greene. Does anybody have any opinions on this and how it will impact the Region 1 makeup?

Third, South Greene has to be the favorite in District 1AA with Elizabethton a close second. South Greene will struggle to contain EHS's inside game. Nobody in D1AA has a player that can matchup with Mariah. The key for EHS will be the development of the young guards, and how they handle the full court pressure that teams are going to bring against EHS, as teams will NOT want to get into a half court game with EHS. Happy Valley would be my third pick in D1AA, with Unicoi fourth, and C-D the darkhorse. Due to coaching and the seasoning of their youth, look for Unicoi and EHS to make the most improvement during the season, and both end up in regional semifinal games just like years past. Of course, South Greene will also be there in the regional semis.

Anybody know the teams/game schedule for the Happy Valley Thanksgiving tourney? What about upcoming HOF games for District 1AA teams?