Meigs Coaching

TigerTrainer

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still wonder where are all the "athletes" we have walking the halls. There are maybe a couple that would help but that is it. It was just a down year!

Open your eyes Tigercat. At least 5 kids on the basketball team could fix our skill position problem. I know of at least 6 kids that played last year that didnt play this year. Thats at least 11 "athletes" walking the halls. Last time I counted thats a football team. These 11 kids could have made a huge difference in our team.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't have the numbers and facts in front of me, but from memory I recall Meigs having some very stout defenses in the past. This is the first year I recall them even having a losing season in many years, and from what I personally saw and have heard it was mainly because their offense wasn't good, thus leaving their defense on the field for the majority of the game. Meigs' didn't have the talent and the quality depth this year, but I wouldn't count on them being down too long. Obviously they need the right people coaching and stability on their coaching staff. I don't know a lot about Coach Eller but have heard good things about him from those in the know.

Losing Gene Davis is a big loss to them in my opinion. With Gene's age, tenure, and marital status he may be looking at retiring in Tennessee and moving to Georgia to work under John Mullinax again?

i agree completely with everything said in this post thank God someone had the kahonas to say what everyone should think

thanks wreckingcrew this is prob the best post i think i have ever read /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

most of our line only play football so our line will get alot stronger during the offseason

usually skill positions play more sports...

but just pray thats about all you can do

look for meigs to do better next year got very few starters coming back but alot of people that played a bit coming back...

How many senior lineman did you guys lose? And the last statement about doing better cause you have very few starters coming back..What does that mean..That yall will be better cause you lost alot of people that started for past few years. Didn't yall get worse this past year will the almost the same starters from the year before? And how can the defense not be as bad as people think? What did yall average giving up this year compared to years before that?

what i mean by that is that look for us to do better we dont play as many teams this year that could go deep in the state playoffs...and i didnt put the period there cause i was in a hurry sorry man...

we lost about 4 linemen that played two complete starters two that shared the posistion one of which got hurt...

the basketball players cant fix the entire postition problems

there are a couple of people who just wanna focus on one sport

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

what i think happened to meigs this year:

couldnt get the offense started early therefor the defense was on the field alot and you have at least 8 players going both ways and that made the offense weak and tired.

i dont think we played as a team as much this year as the last few.(?individiality?) cant spell

anyways we dont have many kids playin basketball and baseball that could help us maybe a few i can think of about 4 but NOT 11!!! and all the people your thinkin of are prob not including linemen so you put those 11 on the feild against the 08-09 tigers team and we'd crush them because of lack of size AND COMMITMENT..there is a reason why these kids arent playing football either not tough enough or cant make the commitment.

i also believe and pray coach davis is staying..great coach whot teaches you to go hard every play if he yells at you that mean he cares and wants you to become the best player possible. many people dont see that.

we have 3 linemen coming back that played almost all game everygame on both sides a few juniors who are going to have to step it up, and a young backfield who is going to have to pick up the slack stink it up and play hard nose football and not be afraid to get hit.

we have just a few seniors not much leadership available from just a few the upcoming juniors are going to have to pick it up and lead. idk if lack of seniors is a good thing or bad thing

i really cant make every subject about meigs more clear than that

• 4 weeks later...

Rumor has it that last years two quarterbacks are not playing next year. Any truth to this?

Heard the same thing, I spoke to one of two's dad the other day. He said he's planning on concentrating on baseball.

I hear the other one is going to stay with basketball.

Doesn't sound very promising this year. We'll just have to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

Heard the same thing, I spoke to one of two's dad the other day. He said he's planning on concentrating on baseball.

I hear the other one is going to stay with basketball.

Doesn't sound very promising this year. We'll just have to wait and see.

Don't get too down. Coach Eller will turn it around. It will take time. Is Coach Davis staying or leaving? I know he is a good coach. How is Coach Baker doing as principal? Meigs has a proud tradition and tuff kids. They WILL bounce back. In a school that size, the athletic programs should share the athletes. Winning breeds winning. Good luck Tigers.. Do they still have the football choir? The boys who sang in that touched many lives in a positive way.

• 2 months later...