Sycamore at Macon County

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sycamore needs to avoid an emotional letdown at all cost in this one. They just got finished with Greenbrier during the week of Homecoming and won an emotional game celebrating 10 years of football at SHS. Macon Co. is a place where "traps" have occurred before and Sycamore can't get caught if they want to get to the playoffs. Greenbrier beating Sycamore and then turning around and losing at Macon Co. last year is a great example of this. That loss nearly cost Greenbrier a trip to the TSSAA State Playoffs. If Sycamore can continue to play with the emotion that they played with last week then they will win comfortably. If they go to Lafeyette patting themselves on the back after a week of "Fall Break" then they could have a long night in store.

Sycamore: 28

Macon Co.: 7

I can't believe noone from Macon is posting. Have all the fans left on Fall Break? I heard the band won't even be in attendance at the game this Friday night. All they need is afew tumbleweeds to blow across the field and someone to play "Taps" over the P.A. System. I'll bet that Mark Darnell and Tim Case could come up with something humorous.

Tigers the season is over.

well i will admit the season has been over why dont we just stick with old fashion football instead of trying all the fancy plays..we can just gain a few yards at a time n control the clock wear down the defense instead we have to go for the big play every time can somebody explain this to me..yes we are in serious trouble and no rainbow in our future

I can't believe noone from Macon is posting. Have all the fans left on Fall Break? I heard the band won't even be in attendance at the game this Friday night. All they need is afew tumbleweeds to blow across the field and someone to play "Taps" over the P.A. System. I'll bet that Mark Darnell and Tim Case could come up with something humorous.

well looks like what you heard was right the band didnt even show up but looks like alot of fans didnt either stands looked like a ghost town wonder if they will show up against dekalb county cause we know we wont see many next week will the band make the trip.

Plus, they won't "let" him catch a punt!!...

Songwriter, can this be true? You know, I watched #25 back deep for a Station Camp punt and that is exactly what it looked like. A high deep punt that was catchable/returnable, and should have been returned, yet #25 made no move to field the ball, as if he'd been told not to touch it...? Very strange

call the great coach cook and ask him what happened he told him not catch it.