Tullahoma Lions Bowl ( Freshman )

falcon039

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catsvoice

The Tullahoma Lions Bowl is Tuesday, Oct. 28 at Wilkins Stadium. The first game features Tullahoma and Fayetteville Ninth Grade Academy and will begin at 6pm. Second game is scheduled for 8pm.

I doubt any team in the state can beat Smyrna's freshman.

When they play focused, disciplined football - you are right. I didn't like how goofy they got near the end of the LaVergne game on the sidelines. They were celebrating before the game was over. Coaches were having trouble getting the right players in before the snap b/c some of the guys were throwing ice and making mud angels (game was played in the rain).

The coaches need to remind them we play 40 mins of football and celebrate only when the last buzzer sounds. Even if there is a sizable lead, you have teammates on the field who deserve your attention and support. Most of these boys played for Coach Donnie Carter who told them they are here to learn a little about football and a lot about life. Life rewards discipline much more than it does arrogance. I hope they play tough as nails on Tuesday and win with dignity.

Congrats to Coach Hawkins and staff - he's done a great job with these kids.

The Tullahoma freshman Wildcats got revenge for their only loss of the season against Ninth Grade Academy, winning 24-14. Both teams finished with an 8-1 record. Smyrna routed Riverdale. I think the final score was 41-6, but I'm not sure. It was Smyrna's second win over Riverdale this season and the Bulldogs finished the season at 9-0, while Riverdale finished 7-2.

The Tullahoma freshman Wildcats got revenge for their only loss of the season against Ninth Grade Academy, winning 24-14. Both teams finished with an 8-1 record. Smyrna routed Riverdale. I think the final score was 41-6, but I'm not sure. It was Smyrna's second win over Riverdale this season and the Bulldogs finished the season at 9-0, while Riverdale finished 7-2.

Binns...that is a very well run bowl game. The Lions Club does a great job.

Binns...that is a very well run bowl game. The Lions Club does a great job.

I agree. I would say the Lion Club concessions sold a lot of coffee and hot chocolate last nite, as it was very cold, especially in the second game. I was really impressed with the Smyrna freshman. Coach Matt Williams, a Shelbyville native, has some very good players coming up in the ranks for his varsity team next season. Also, Tullahoma has some freshman that could contribute a lot to the Tullahoma varsity next season. Congrats to freshman coach Maurice Shaw for their victory over Ninth Grade Academy of Lincoln Co.