First Try at 2A Brackets

JohnJohn

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of week 8, here is how I see things shaping up for the 2A wild card spots.

There will be 2 teams gaining wild card spots with 6 wins this season. I project those teams to be as follows:

Region 1 West Greene

Region 3 Sequatchie

I project that there will be 4 teams with 5 wins that will be contending for the remaining THREE wild card spots. They are as follows:

Region 1 South Greene

Region 2 CAK

Region 7 Waverly

Region 8 Jackson Christian

I also project that two teams will gain automatic bids (#3 seeds) with 5 win seasons. Those teams are as follows:

Region 2 Rockwood

Region 7 Huntingdon

There will be three teams gaining automatic bids who will have sub 500 records. Those teams are as follows:

Region 5 DCA who is currently 2-7.

Region 9 Carver who is currently 2-6, AND BT Washington who is 2-7.

Anyway, that is how I see things shaping up at this point with two weeks remaining in the regular season.

I think CAK will finish 3rd in region 2. If they do and Rockwood is out...the east quad could have 7 teams. That is if region 1 only gets 4 in. That would move York over to the east quad. If region 1 gets 5 teams in...York would stay in the mid-east. Also...if regions 1 & 2 get 9 teams in...Loudon would go to the mid-east quad.

Cannon County has to beat Smith County to get in. The Bledsoe game does not matter. I am sure 4-6 will not get a wild card spot.

O alright, i'm still kinda unclear on how they come up with the wild card thing

but hey maybe if you guys will give the starters the night off to rest up for a

playoff run we can get in.lol

O alright, i'm still kinda unclear on how they come up with the wild card thing

but hey maybe if you guys will give the starters the night off to rest up for a

playoff run we can get in.lol

Heck...we will probably have to win too to make sure of a playoff bid. We have 6 wins already so we should be in...but nothing is for certain.

One of you guys that are smarter at this than me,could you tell me

if cannon has any shot at making playoffs?

The only shot that Cannon County has to make the playoffs is as an automatic qualifier. They would have to defeat Smith County in their final region game. That would put them in a region tie with Smith County and they would obviously win on the head to head tie breaker.

With a win, Smith County secures the # 3 seed and Cannon County would be eliminated from post season contention. Smith County could drop their final two games and still qualify as a wild card seeing that they already have six wins on the season.

Hope that helps.

hey that is funny

Do you still think it is funny? Looks like you may be the ones sitting at home now instead of the Mustangs. 28-7 Huntingdon and all of the sudden you're in trouble.

At the end of week 8, here is how I see things shaping up for the 2A wild card spots.

There will be 3 teams gaining wild card spots with 6 wins this season. I project those teams to be as follows:

Region 1 West Greene

Region 2 Sequatchie

Region 3 Fairview

I project that there will be 4 teams with 5 wins that will be contending for the remaining TWO wild card spots. They are as follows:

Region 1 South Greene

Region 2 CAK

Region 7 Waverly

Region 8 Jackson Christian

I also project that three teams will gain automatic bids (#3 seeds) with 5 win seasons. Those teams are as follows:

Region 2 Rockwood

Region 6 Harpeth

Region 7 Huntingdon

There will be three teams gaining automatic bids who will have sub 500 records. Those teams are as follows:

Region 5 DCA who is currently 2-7.

Region 9 Carver who is currently 2-6, AND BT Washington who is 2-7.

Anyway, that is how I see things shaping up at this point with two weeks remaining in the regular season.

Nice research.