Morristown East(6-1) @ Volunteer(2-5)

canefan72

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35-0 at the half and the JV played the 2nd half with most of it under a running clock. This was a strong showing. VHS had 53 rushing yards and 70% was against the JV.

Mo East is well coached that is for sure, they had everything going right for them in the second quarter.

It was the 4th quarter that the JV came in, Howell and the rest of his troops played through the 3rd quarter.

Both of the Howell's are big time play makers and I can see them playing D-1 for sure.

Is anyone recruiting either of them?

Also just to let you know that it was our JV and a freshman QB playing in the 4th quarter for us.

Volunteer had a couple of drives deep in Mo East territory in the first quarter that stalled, if it wasn't for those drives ending the way they did, the game could have taken a different turn.

I don't know who was calling plays for Volunteer but 4 times in the game it was 4 and inches and they never tried the sneak or hand off to the full back. I don't understand why you would put it on the RB when he is having to come 5 yards forward to get a few inches when the line was getting completely blown up all night long.

And when it comes to tackling I am tired of seeing kids going for the big hit and just bouncing off of a player, teach them the basic fundamentals of wrapping up.

One other thing the QB can throw the ball out of bounds once he rolls out of the tackle box instead of taking a sack every time he rolls out. All season I have not seen him throw away one pass, put it in the first row of the student section if you have to.

Mo East is well coached that is for sure, they had everything going right for them in the second quarter.

It was the 4th quarter that the JV came in, Howell and the rest of his troops played through the 3rd quarter.

Both of the Howell's are big time play makers and I can see them playing D-1 for sure.

Is anyone recruiting either of them?

Also just to let you know that it was our JV and a freshman QB playing in the 4th quarter for us.

Volunteer had a couple of drives deep in Mo East territory in the first quarter that stalled, if it wasn't for those drives ending the way they did, the game could have taken a different turn.

I don't know who was calling plays for Volunteer but 4 times in the game it was 4 and inches and they never tried the sneak or hand off to the full back. I don't understand why you would put it on the RB when he is having to come 5 yards forward to get a few inches when the line was getting completely blown up all night long.

And when it comes to tackling I am tired of seeing kids going for the big hit and just bouncing off of a player, teach them the basic fundamentals of wrapping up.

One other thing the QB can throw the ball out of bounds once he rolls out of the tackle box instead of taking a sack every time he rolls out. All season I have not seen him throw away one pass, put it in the first row of the student section if you have to.

Keep your heads up Volunteer. If you win out, you guys will be in the playoff.

I like too know what a Volunteer fan thinks of next weeks game, Morristown East vs Greeneville.

Keep your heads up Volunteer. If you win out, you guys will be in the playoff.

I like too know what a Volunteer fan thinks of next weeks game, Morristown East vs Greeneville.

Thanks, I hope that Volunteer can finish strong against West and Cherokee.

My thoughts on next week East vs Greeneville

After seeing both teams this season, East is definitely stronger on both sides of the ball, if you all can play a complete game such as you did last night, I see no way G-ville can keep up with you.

I agree fully on both statements.

Furthermore, I'm curious to see how the Freshman or JV QB would do from the start of the game. Because Volunteer's Freshman QB did a far better job than Cradic did Friday night. Several of the players for Volunteer have stated the other QBs are just as good, if not better than Cradic. Why does Rider allow him to stay in a game when he's obviously not getting the job done and getting sacked every other play? He should have been taken out of the game long before the 4th quarter. We may have at least put a TD on the board if that had happened.

/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I'm a Falcon fan, but was disappointed not to able see Demarcus Knight in that game. I've heard a few things about him and noticed that he was 4th out of 12 for East TN HS lineups. He has a verbal commit to Ole Miss at this point. Really wanted to see for my own eyes his playing ability. The highlight reels were pretty good. However, from what I understand he was nursing an injury. Any word on what that injury was or how it's healing?

I agree fully on both statements.

Furthermore, I'm curious to see how the Freshman or JV QB would do from the start of the game. Because Volunteer's Freshman QB did a far better job than Cradic did Friday night. Several of the players for Volunteer have stated the other QBs are just as good, if not better than Cradic. Why does Rider allow him to stay in a game when he's obviously not getting the job done and getting sacked every other play? He should have been taken out of the game long before the 4th quarter. We may have at least put a TD on the board if that had happened.

/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Luke is a little under the weather right now so maybe you will get your wish. I am sure Skylar and Houston are both prepared to step in if necessary.

For the record, Luke has thrown for 1237 yards in 8 games. I think that is second in our conference to Greenway who has over 1600 yards. He deserves no more blame for the losses than he does credit for the wins. It takes a team effort every week.

No secret who I am, most Falcon fans already knew. I am proud of what my son does on the field and even more proud of what he does off the field.

GO FALCONS!!!

Luke is a little under the weather right now so maybe you will get your wish. I am sure Skylar and Houston are both prepared to step in if necessary.

For the record, Luke has thrown for 1237 yards in 8 games. I think that is second in our conference to Greenway who has over 1600 yards. He deserves no more blame for the losses than he does credit for the wins. It takes a team effort every week.

No secret who I am, most Falcon fans already knew. I am proud of what my son does on the field and even more proud of what he does off the field.

GO FALCONS!!!

Luke is doing a fine job(Nice stats Luke keep up the good work). One player can not carry the Falcons on their back. It's going to take complete team effort for the Falcons to get where they need to be. And that starts by putting in hard work in the weight room, working hard at practice, understanding what your assignment is every play, giving 100% each play, and just having that WANT and DESIRE to win. I would love to see these kids play hard the last 2 ballgames and finish the season strong.

Volunteer has got to get better. The program has never had a winning record. The kids need to work hard in the off season. Set goals guys, last year Volunteer won their 1st playoff game and that was awesome. Still waiting on that winning season. I believe in the coaches at Volunteer and I know they have the talent there to have winning seasons.

Good luck Falcons