Morristown East(6-1) @ Volunteer(2-5)

canefan72

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East will travel to Volunteer this week. I have tried to follow Volunteer this season but our local paper does not cover them. Other than scores and knowing they are young, I do not know much about them. Any VHS fans want to give me the scoop?

I don't think East will have much trouble. Volunteer is well coached

and plays extremely hard, but they are young and probably don't match up physically

with the Canes just yet.

They have been competitive in their Five Rivers Conference games, thus far. They played well against Cocke Co., winning 34-7, most likely the most complete game they've played all season. They were beating Daniel Boone 10-0 in the first half and still in the game late before the proverbial wheels came off, losing 34-18. Against Greeneville, they were down 21-13 in the fourth quarter, with the ball, but committed a crucial turnover and again, the wheels came off in the last four minutes, leading to a 34-13 Green Devil victory. Last week against David Crockett, they played well, winning 21-0. Against the Pioneers they rushed for 130 yards on 31 carries and passed for 84 yards on 12 of 17 passing with one interception. The Falcons seem to be their own worst enemies, as mistakes continue to kill their momentum. Turnovers, crucial penalties, and just plain bad luck seem to be hounding the Falcons this year. They are a resilient bunch, however, and never should be overlooked.

Morristown East's play against David Crockett leaves concern, as they were anything but dominate in their 28-14 victory. Their 26-20 victory over a scrappy Cherokee bunch also leaves room for improvement. However, their big win, 21-14, over Morristown West does show they are a gutsy bunch and a talented ball club. The Hurricanes rolled big last week against Cocke Co., but who hasn't played well against the Fighting Cocks this year?

Alot of question marks in this game. Good luck to the Falcons. Have a safe trip up the country highway Morristown East.

They have been competitive in their Five Rivers Conference games, thus far. They played well against Cocke Co., winning 34-7, most likely the most complete game they've played all season. They were beating Daniel Boone 10-0 in the first half and still in the game late before the proverbial wheels came off, losing 34-18. Against Greeneville, they were down 21-13 in the fourth quarter, with the ball, but committed a crucial turnover and again, the wheels came off in the last four minutes, leading to a 34-13 Green Devil victory. Last week against David Crockett, they played well, winning 21-0. Against the Pioneers they rushed for 130 yards on 31 carries and passed for 84 yards on 12 of 17 passing with one interception. The Falcons seem to be their own worst enemies, as mistakes continue to kill their momentum. Turnovers, crucial penalties, and just plain bad luck seem to be hounding the Falcons this year. They are a resilient bunch, however, and never should be overlooked.

Morristown East's play against David Crockett leaves concern, as they were anything but dominate in their 28-14 victory. Their 26-20 victory over a scrappy Cherokee bunch also leaves room for improvement. However, their big win, 21-14, over Morristown West does show they are a gutsy bunch and a talented ball club. The Hurricanes rolled big last week against Cocke Co., but who hasn't played well against the Fighting Cocks this year?

Alot of question marks in this game. Good luck to the Falcons. Have a safe trip up the country highway Morristown East.

Tricitiessportsfan your post was right on, great job!

As long as the Falcons can put together a complete game they can't beat anyone on a given night.

I feel that the boys will be ready to play and the coaches will have a great game plan in place for Friday night.

The key will is to not turn the ball over, for the defense to stand strong all night and hopefully they won't have to be on the field alot, the O-line to continue playing great and making holes for RB to get out of the back field and have his chances to make some moves. Luke I am sure will be ready to throw the ball around. The falcons have come along way since the Bell Co. game a few weeks ago, playing such a good team has helped them big time!

I think we are ready to make the run through the gauntlet against East, West and Cherokee and make it into the playoffs.

I think if the Falcons can control the clock all night long n the ground game they can get the Victory 21-17

The scores in all 3 of those games are misleading. We just let them hang around. We allow special team points and fumbles to pin our D against the goalline way to much.

From a Crockett point of view /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

East: Tee Howell seems to be the key to success for East. He account someway in the 4 second half touchdowns against Crockett.

Volunteer: Crockett shot themselves in the foot 4 times. 3 pics, one in the redzone, one inside the 30, and then the fumbled snap to start the 2nd half while we were driving.

I like East in this one.

From a Crockett point of view /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

East: Tee Howell seems to be the key to success for East. He account someway in the 4 second half touchdowns against Crockett.

Volunteer: Crockett shot themselves in the foot 4 times. 3 pics, one in the redzone, one inside the 30, and then the fumbled snap to start the 2nd half while we were driving.

I like East in this one.

If Volunteer worries about Tee Howell too much, someone else will beat them. Morristown East's

problem all year has been, letting teams hang around.Our Defense has played great all year, and has

been great against the run. Volunteer will have too score threw the air.

Morristown East 28 Volunteer 7

I like East in this one.

I hope everyone from here on out "keys" on Tee. West did and look what happened. They may stop one of our outstanding backfield players but.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I hope everyone from here on out "keys" on Tee. West did and look what happened. They may stop one of our outstanding backfield players but.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

oooooohhh yeah, you spanked those Trojans reeeaaalll good...what was that score.....21-14.

oooooohhh yeah, you spanked those Trojans reeeaaalll good...what was that score.....21-14.

Did you see the game or just read the score?

let me reitterate: West 91 yards rushing...East 256 even our qb had 118 yards rushing.

But you missed the point I was trying to make... East is not comprised of only one player and I find it funny that everyone thinks they are. Hope they keep thinking that. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Did you see the game or just read the score?

let me reitterate: West 91 yards rushing...East 256 even our qb had 118 yards rushing.

But you missed the point I was trying to make... East is not comprised of only one player and I find it funny that everyone thinks they are. Hope they keep thinking that. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

No but I have talked to a few folks who did...

And if that running game shows up on Friday, I don't think Volunteer will be able to stop you either. Greeneville managed to put up 376 yds rushing on them, Trevon Hall had 214 and Greenway had 131.... plus 152 yds passing.

But seriously, how many turn-overs did MoWest have against East? Sounds to me like you should give the credit for that win to your D for keeping those boys from the West side out of the end-zone. I sure hope our Devils can force the to's on friday as well...

Play safe

Go Falcons....lets make this interesting.

No but I have talked to a few folks who did...

And if that running game shows up on Friday, I don't think Volunteer will be able to stop you either. Greeneville managed to put up 376 yds rushing on them, Trevon Hall had 214 and Greenway had 131.... plus 152 yds passing.

But seriously, how many turn-overs did MoWest have against East? Sounds to me like you should give the credit for that win to your D for keeping those boys from the West side out of the end-zone. I sure hope our Devils can force the to's on friday as well...

Play safe

Go Falcons....lets make this interesting.

West had 4 turnovers....East had 3. thats sort of a push. Oh I do give the credit to the Defense, 3 of the 4 turnovers were interceptions etc etc. that was a different thread. Truth of the matter is... East has 3 very tough games left that I wouldn't miss for the world. But I do wish I could see the Greenville--West game, I'll bet its going to be a great one. Good Luck to both teams. Region 2 has a lot to be proud of this year.