Grace Christian Basketball

RunAndGun

Grace returns 4 of 5 srters from a very good team last year. Did not have a good showing at State shooting only 35% and very tight. They have a much harder schedule this year to prepare them better for the end of the year. They are playing AA and AAA schools except for district play and also playing in some strong tourn.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grace returns 4 of 5 srters from a very good team last year. Did not have a good showing at State shooting only 35% and very tight. They have a much harder schedule this year to prepare them better for the end of the year. They are playing AA and AAA schools except for district play and also playing in some strong tourn.

Grace graduated Hankins and Wannamaker. Both started the last two seasons. Also, Lipps was a two year starter until after Christmas when Williams began to start contributing and Lipps became 6th man. Grace has three very good players back and should be near the top in single A in East TN.....

Grace graduated Hankins and Wannamaker. Both started the last two seasons. Also, Lipps was a two year starter until after Christmas when Williams began to start contributing and Lipps became 6th man. Grace has three very good players back and should be near the top in single A in East TN.....

Actually # 10 came off the bench at the guard position and really could have started but was just a soph. Should be better at the guard positon vacated by Hankins. They will miss Wannamaker but their up and down style will pick up this year. But you are right Hankins did start.

Unless they have got a transfer, they have nobody to come off the bench. Especially that could start. Just not a very deep team. And from what i saw from their JV team, they have nobody that can come in and make a difference at the varsity level. I think their starters from last year can and will carry them in 1A. They will have a great season and good luck.

Unless they have got a transfer, they have nobody to come off the bench. Especially that could start. Just not a very deep team. And from what i saw from their JV team, they have nobody that can come in and make a difference at the varsity level. I think their starters from last year can and will carry them in 1A. They will have a great season and good luck.

They did get one transfer, a guard 6'0 jr who may start and will help give some depth

Where did he transfer from? I know you guys are playing Catholic and Anderson County 2 really good teams, but who are some of the other teams you guys are playing? Depth could be an issue with Grace.

He came from Roane County moved to Knoxville. The other teams we are playing are:

Carter--Cleveland HS--Tennessee Temple---Three Games in Beardens super 16 tourn--Their own Tourn which includes Anderson county, Union County, Teams from Alabama and Georgia

Grace will have a couple football players that did not play last year that will be playing this year and should help add some depth

He came from Roane County moved to Knoxville. The other teams we are playing are:

Carter--Cleveland HS--Tennessee Temple---Three Games in Beardens super 16 tourn--Their own Tourn which includes Anderson county, Union County, Teams from Alabama and Georgia

A transfer from Roan County, is it Rockwood or Kingston? I was under the impression that the boys Super16 was not being played this year b/c Bearden was playing in the Arby's Classic? I could be wrong, if so I'm sure someone will correct me. Never-the-less good luck this season to you guys, except when you play the Irish.

A transfer from Roan County, is it Rockwood or Kingston? I was under the impression that the boys Super16 was not being played this year b/c Bearden was playing in the Arby's Classic? I could be wrong, if so I'm sure someone will correct me. Never-the-less good luck this season to you guys, except when you play the Irish.

He was at Kingston last year. I had heard also that Bearden wa in the Arby's but the word I got is that the Tourn was still on and that contracts were signed and Grace plays Johnson County 1st game. Mybe Bearden isnt playing in their own tourn I dont know. But good luck to the Irish.

He was at Kingston last year. I had heard also that Bearden wa in the Arby's but the word I got is that the Tourn was still on and that contracts were signed and Grace plays Johnson County 1st game. Mybe Bearden isnt playing in their own tourn I dont know. But good luck to the Irish.

They can't play in 2 tourneys at the same time. Johnson County will be a tough game, playing them on a neutral court is better than going up there and playing in the Roundhouse (there gym is a circle, bad seating and one scoreboard). There fans are rowdy and it's a tough place to play and get to. Which player from Kingston did you get? We play them in our district.

They can't play in 2 tourneys at the same time. Johnson County will be a tough game, playing them on a neutral court is better than going up there and playing in the Roundhouse (there gym is a circle, bad seating and one scoreboard). There fans are rowdy and it's a tough place to play and get to. Which player from Kingston did you get? We play them in our district.

Ya I have heard they are a very good team. The transfer from Kingston is a left handed guard and part time starter as a soph. He understands the game and runs court well and will give us SOME depth at guard.