6-5A what our predictions on this board were August 19th

goldendome

in preseason we predictited our pigskin piks for the region was fun to look back and compare what we all thought - i will tell you will say hitorbehit is the new jimmy the greek ( for us ol guys we know whom he is ) of the coacht boards- although he didnt pick cent making playoffs he was dead on about speed ...

from myself

1Franklin

2 Brentwood

3 Indy

4 Centen

5 RWOOD

6 DC

from CHSBALL

If Centennial makes the playoffs (and they probably will not but it will be close) Chaze Scales QB/Ath would almost have to be the best offensive player in the region. This is especially due to the fact that he would be accounting for almost all of Centennial's offensive production. But I would take him over Franklin QB.

From SLEEPER

A dark horse will be Indy QB Nick Smith (if given the correct opportunity).

1.Brentwood 2.Franklin 3.Indy 4.Dickson 5.Ravenwood 6.Centennial From sleeper ??“ from sleeper as well

You are right, the best player will start, or at least should start. But having qualities to throw a screen pass that turns into a 50 yard touchdown or handing the ball off to a 215 pound d-1 running back do not qualify you as the best QB. But his ability to run the ball does make him a very good football player, and in my opinion would be best used at the running back position.

From CHS2007

From chs2007

Scales has two things working in his favor this year.

1. The best O-line that CHS has put together since 04. Still not as big as BHS or FHS, but they do have some big guys on there and have learned how to move the pocket.

2. ALOT of weapons on the offensive side of the ball

1.Brentwood: They started to turn the corner at the end of last year and have alot of key guys returning. However, they need to get the passing game going again to be successful.

2: Franklin: Lost both alot of talent and alot of leadership. But they also have a good corps of talent returning.

3: Independence: Lost the most talent of anyone in the region. They'll be back at the top in another year or two though.

4: Ravenwood: Some good talent, but a huge question mark at QB.

5: Centennial: Should see alot of improvement this year, but still a year or two away.

6: Dickson Co.: Probably will be hurt the most by graduation.

7. Columbia: One of the most Jekyll and Hyde teams last year, (looked like they were making great strides, then being shut down)

8. Northeast: The new classifications could not have come at a better time.

Bearfeet said Because of the caliber of their returning starters and talented backups, Brentwood should be poised to have a good season. A definite key to success, however, will be their ability to throw the ball which was not a strong point last season. If they can identify a strong QB this spring and get that person lots of reps with his receiving corps over the summer then I believe they will be in a top position by the end of the regular season

Hitorbehit said Brentwood - Returns more than enough to compete for the title in 08!

2. Franklin - Returns quite a few skill guys that can be dangerous, but took a slight hit on the oline and major hit on defense. I put them ahead of Ravenwood only because of the QB factor.

3. Ravenwood - Returns a few folks as well on both sides. QB? That will be their biggest hole to fill.

4. Independence - Lost a bunch of players to graduation, but so did Dickson, so I put them here.

5. Dickson Co - Same as Indy, but enough talent usually to hold off the rest of the region.

6. Centennial - Lots of speed on that team, not sure they can block for that speed or stop anyone though.

7. Columbia - Similiar to CHS! I supposed CHS and Columbia could give DCHS a scare in 08!

8. Clark-Ne - Outmatched in this region and in 5A.

Mvsbwood said For the past couple of seasons, I've been thinking that 2008 would be the year for Brentwood to return to dominance in the region due to the young talent maturing. So, I'll just go ahead and throw it out there...my prediction is that Brentwood will be Region 6-5A champs this year and make it deep into the playoffs. Keep in mind that this is before seeing any spring practices or scrimmages, and I could be eating crow in a few short months. But, there you have it. As for how the other teams will shake out, I think Franklin, Ravenwood and Dickson County will round out the top 4.

from ihseagle

1.BWood

2. Indy

3. Franklin

4. Ravenwood

5. Centennial

6. Dickson Co.

7. Columbia

Jayjiezel said

Brentwood, Franklin, Dickson County, Ravenwood, Centennial, and Independence are the teams bidding for four slots to the post season.

From what I have heard Brentwood and Franklin should be able to punch their tickets early so that leaves two openings for four teams. Who gets in?

Dickson County- have not heard anything about these guys/ someone enlighten me please

Ravenwood- inexperience? not necessarily by class but just several first time players

Centennial- live and die by the legs of their QB/ Have to pour on the points to make up for lackluster defense

Independence- lost too many key players/ the QB may not be able to overcome the inexperience of others

It should be interesting. Feel free to give your predictions. Here are mine just to start it off.

1. Brentwood 2. Franklin 3. Dickson County 4. Ravenwood with Centennial and Independence on the outside looking in.

From powercat MM will take the Cougars to the postseason this fall IMO and in the words of George Plaster you can "BOOK IT

As a Centennial alum and fan, I'm just going enjoy the overachieving Cougars as long as I can /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

It's a great year for us!

i will agree that CHS is a surprise and for the most part they could be a feared team come playoff time

I don't think I've ever been more proud to say I was wrong about my preseason prediction (saying CHS was still a year away). I'll agree with ambiguousrock, as an alumni, I've never been more proud of my Cougars than I have been this season. I don't know what Coach Mat said to his team at halftime of that Page game, but since then CHS has played at a level of play that no one has seen them play at before. A great season so far, but in my eyes, it's just getting started.

I don't think I've ever been more proud to say I was wrong about my preseason prediction (saying CHS was still a year away). I'll agree with ambiguousrock, as an alumni, I've never been more proud of my Cougars than I have been this season. I don't know what Coach Mat said to his team at halftime of that Page game, but since then CHS has played at a level of play that no one has seen them play at before. A great season so far, but in my eyes, it's just getting started.

hey if playoffs started today - what would be the pairing for CHS- not sure but we normally play the region with antioch,Hendersonville,Gallatin ?

we know CHS can score but how ya think the defense can stand up?

off to look at kid from St. Thomas Aquinas, Fort Lauderdale vs deerfield beach game -

from massey -- look at scores near are real scores next to it is waht massey comp picks- i see where they picked indy over you 40 - 12

2008 Centennial HSFranklin, TN Massey: 35

Schedule: 30

Offense: 14

Defense: 75

Power: 41

2008 | Tennessee

Massey PredictionDate Opponent Rk Result PF PA Result PF PA Note

Fri 08/22/08 @ Brentwood 6 L 7 28 L 10 28

Fri 08/29/08 vs Page 116 L 22 28 W 32 19

Fri 09/05/08 @ Independence 64 W 37 28 L 12 40

Fri 09/12/08 @ Siegel 19 W 22 20 L 10 33

Fri 09/19/08 vs Northeast 93 W 27 0 W 24 19