FORREST'S HOMECOMING

LovethoseRockets

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are not looking good for homecoming day, last I saw 50% chance of rain and will be colder. It is also senior night before the game. The Rockets had alot more fire to them against CA. The score should not have been that close, with 3 TD called back on penalties. Several players stepped up and got the job done. Anyone know about Parker this week?Lamar did not look so good-ankle I think. Also heard Casey Franklin did not practice. Hope all these are back and ready to play Friday.

Things are not looking good for homecoming day, last I saw 50% chance of rain and will be colder. It is also senior night before the game. The Rockets had alot more fire to them against CA. The score should not have been that close, with 3 TD called back on penalties. Several players stepped up and got the job done. Anyone know about Parker this week?Lamar did not look so good-ankle I think. Also heard Casey Franklin did not practice. Hope all these are back and ready to play Friday.

I'm praying HARD for the rain to hold off. Nothing worse that a cold, rainy Homecoming. We've had a few in my time. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Chapel Hill will win this game if they keep their focus on this game. I'm sure all the Rocket fans are aware that if we win this game, and MTCS beats WH-Heritage, the Rockets will be playing MTCS next Friday for the final playoff spot in the region. That being said, we need to take care of business this week first. Throw out the records, this game is as much a pride game as any. Chapel Hill and Community aka Unionville aka Do-Little have a LONG standing basketball rivalry and the Vikings would love nothing more than to create one in football as well. The two schools are located a mere 10 minutes from each other. So Rockets and Rocket fans, throw out Unionville's 1-7 record. They lost by 4 points last week to an MTCS team that only lost to Jo Byrns by a touchdown. Let's make it easy this year and win this game first and worry about MTCS next week. Chapel Hill in a romp, 28-0.

Hope you are right, inglewood. Were you at the JB game and I did not see you????? Anyway, I just heard from my daughter-in-law that the parade has been moved to Thursday. Granddaughter's teacher e-mailed her. What about the game? MOB have you heard anything? I'd rather play it on Thursday as well, and maybe avoid the rain. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Hope you are right, inglewood. Were you at the JB game and I did not see you????? Anyway, I just heard from my daughter-in-law that the parade has been moved to Thursday. Granddaughter's teacher e-mailed her. What about the game? MOB have you heard anything? I'd rather play it on Thursday as well, and maybe avoid the rain. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Ha, I made the trip down with Daryl Branson and we stood on the JB sidelines so we didn't get rushed for autographs and pictures. Seriously though, we just wanted to watch a football game and avoid small talk. Are Angel and Aaron's kids playing sports yet?

Ha, I made the trip down with Daryl Branson and we stood on the JB sidelines so we didn't get rushed for autographs and pictures. Seriously though, we just wanted to watch a football game and avoid small talk. Are Angel and Aaron's kids playing sports yet?

Austin is 9, and plays soccer, basketball and softball. Akin will be 5 next month and is playing soccer against his better judgement, and is going to play t-ball this spring. I've seen Branson since I've seen you! Aaron is coaching all three, and Angel coaches soccer with him. Watching Aaron is funnier than them playing, although Akin playing t-ball will be a hoot, I'm sure. He is a stinker! I had nothing to do with it!!

Chapel Hill will win this game if they keep their focus on this game. I'm sure all the Rocket fans are aware that if we win this game, and MTCS beats WH-Heritage, the Rockets will be playing MTCS next Friday for the final playoff spot in the region. That being said, we need to take care of business this week first. ............

It makes no difference whether you both lose, both win, one loses and the other wins. The game against MTCS next week WILL be for the last spot in the playoffs. Both teams cannot finish with 5 region loses so that eliminates all other teams. The winner of next weeks game with MTCS will have no more than 4 loses and the the loser will have at least four loses. This means the game Friday, has no effect on that game from a playoff standpoint. Here are current standings if you'd like to verify that.

Region 5 current standings

I just heard about the change a few minutes ago. Did not hear anything about the game, just the parade. I think that is a wise choice since not only are they calling for rain but also cold. All those elementary kids in the rain and cold was probably more than any teacher wanted to have to handle. I bet the game goes as as planned, may have to scratch the pre-game ceremony and senior night if the rain they are expecting comes as planned.

I just heard about the change a few minutes ago. Did not hear anything about the game, just the parade. I think that is a wise choice since not only are they calling for rain but also cold. All those elementary kids in the rain and cold was probably more than any teacher wanted to have to handle. I bet the game goes as as planned, may have to scratch the pre-game ceremony and senior night if the rain they are expecting comes as planned.

When Aaron was a senior (97) it was raining pretty hard. We went out there with umbrellas.

Austin is 9, and plays soccer, basketball and softball. Akin will be 5 next month and is playing soccer against his better judgement, and is going to play t-ball this spring. I've seen Branson since I've seen you! Aaron is coaching all three, and Angel coaches soccer with him. Watching Aaron is funnier than them playing, although Akin playing t-ball will be a hoot, I'm sure. He is a stinker! I had nothing to do with it!!

That is awesome!!! Pass on my hello's to both of them. I cannot believe the oldest is 9! Can't wait to see the little munch kins play!

It makes no difference whether you both lose, both win, one loses and the other wins. The game against MTCS next week WILL be for the last spot in the playoffs. Both teams cannot finish with 5 region loses so that eliminates all other teams. The winner of next weeks game with MTCS will have no more than 4 loses and the the loser will have at least four loses. This means the game Friday, has no effect on that game from a playoff standpoint. Here are current standings if you'd like to verify that.

Region 5 current standings

You are correct sire.