Gallatin (7-1, 5-0) @ Hendersonville (5-1, 4-0)

Gtowner

If we're going to correct spelling, I do believe it is speak, not speek. But that is beside the point. Yes, Hendersonville won the game fair and square. They had an excellent game plan and executed it well enough to win. Gallatin spent all their energy coming back in the second half and the defense was DEAD on your game-winning drive. I hope you don't get too big of a head because Hunters Lane is a quality football team that has one loss just like you. (Including a win against one of the current 4A powers Maplewood.) I would love for Gallatin to win the region, but atleast have a home playoff game. I think the outcome will be very different if Gallatin and Hendersonville play again in the postseason.

As far as the forfeited games, there is no way to fairly do this. The old way was abandoned because of an incident last year where Bolton forfeited five or six games after week nine and vaulted Bartlett into the playoffs when everyone was going to rest their players having already qualified for the playoffs. The new rule allows for Gallatin to still be in the running for the region championship because of Hendersonville having one less region game. Either way somebody loses out, but I completely disagree that Hendersonville should forfeit all their region wins. They won those games fair and square without this ineligible player. Not to mention they reported themselves instead of trying to hide it. I'm interested to see what unfolds in the next few weeks and lets hope Region 5 can dominant in the playoffs before the realignment.

Thanks for the spell check. My wife read it and let me know real quick. As for the big head no one is underestimating HL. They have beat us alot lately just as Gallatin has.

As for the excuse of being tired our guys played just as many plays as Gallatin. The defense should have been well rested because I think you had the ball most of the 3rd quarter. Maybe tell the Gallatin guys not to spend so much time predicting, making myspace videos and things like that. That might give them a little more energy to play the

game. I know it fired our guys up to see the video and the flash that went across it at the end. Our guys had one thing on their minds - Bring It All Night Long. And they did.

I hope we can play again. I love the atmoshere. It's a class act football game with alot of respect flowing back and forth. Let's do it again and good luck this week with McGavock.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. It is always a great game. I'm not sure I understand what video your talking about. However, I was not suggesting that our defense was tired physically on that last drive. I was saying that, emotionally they had spent so much getting back into the game that there was a letdown on that last drive. Gallatin has never been a D1 talent factory. We always give it our all and play with emotion and when we don't it shows just like on that last drive. I wasn't suggesting that Hendersonville had some sort of advantage, but I could tell as soon as we scored to go ahead that we would have a hard time holding back Hendersonville. The sideline was dead and it seemed like all the playeres had lost their focus, thats all.

players. That way you can't correct me /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Agreed. It is always a great game. I'm not sure I understand what video your talking about. However, I was not suggesting that our defense was tired physically on that last drive. I was saying that, emotionally they had spent so much getting back into the game that there was a letdown on that last drive. Gallatin has never been a D1 talent factory. We always give it our all and play with emotion and when we don't it shows just like on that last drive. I wasn't suggesting that Hendersonville had some sort of advantage, but I could tell as soon as we scored to go ahead that we would have a hard time holding back Hendersonville. The sideline was dead and it seemed like all the playeres had lost their focus, thats all.

players. That way you can't correct me /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Both teams played with all they had and it allowed me as a parent to leave proud not only for the effort of our guys but for yours too. Like I said before I would love for all the games to be like that one win or lose. I like them better of course when we win. I'm only sad that my son is graduating. Next year should be great for Sumner County.

Once again agreed. I can understand where you are coming from though. I played for Gallatin and graduated in 2007. There was a couple of really good games that year, especially in 2006 when the game was on tv down there. I am really looking forward to the teams in next year's region. Every week will be a big game with huge crowds. With the exception of Mt Juliet and Lebanon this will be a Sumner County region. I can't wait!!!