Gallatin (7-1, 5-0) @ Hendersonville (5-1, 4-0)

Gtowner

Yes, I agree. Some of the Metro games made no sense! I'm an Old NIL guy and I hated some of those games .

Watching these teams will bring some money to the gates and bring back community pride.

I'm also excited about the change. And now that I live in Sumner county I'll have shorter trips to the away games instead of driving all the way to Montgomery county. If I didn't have to work this Fri this would be the game to go to. And also because the MJ game was moved to THURS.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also excited about the change. And now that I live in Sumner county I'll have shorter trips to the away games instead of driving all the way to Montgomery county. If I didn't have to work this Fri this would be the game to go to. And also because the MJ game was moved to THURS.

With Northeast and the new Clarksville school opting for moving up in class, Springfield could very well be headed for our new district. Lots of history between several of the Sumner County schools and Springfield.

Agreed! I am so sick of all the Metro crap that we've had to put up with all these years. I'm sure you guys are too. These two teams are and always have been the class of Region 5-5A and nothing makes me more happy than to see those Region standings just like they are. Unfortunatly for the Commandos, it will be shortlived, because the Wave will stand alone at the top after Friday!!!!

This reclassification is probably the best thing that has happened to football in state in a while. I LOVE the idea of localizing the districts, think of the crowds that games vs Gallatin, Beech, Portland, SC, MJ will bring. Better than the whopping 25 fans that these metro teams, even the good ones, bring, it's pathetic.

As for this game, I can't imagine the rain affecting it too much, both teams CAN pass, but both teams are run first. This is really the ideal setting for it I believe. And as for the crowds, I would like to think that a little rain won't keep people away from an HHS-GHS game. Expect overflow, get there early.

The only factor I see with the rain is turnovers. This game has and always will come down to who can run the ball and stop the opposing team's rushing attack. With that said, I think Gallatin has the advantage. They were able to run at will against Hunters Lane in the 2nd half. Partly because the Warriors were tired, but mainly because the offensive system in place is able to be muc more diverse because of Holder, Matthews, and Cloud's running abilities. Hendersonville will not tire in the 4th quarter like many of the Metro schools but I think Gallatin will be able to control the ball and run the clock. The real question is which Gallatin defense will show up. There are plenty of athletes in place, but I just hope they can control the inside runs a little better. (Inside trap, fullback dive, etc.) If they execute their assignments and play their positions it should be a good night. I am not going to begin to predict a score, this is Gallatin vs Hendersonville. Hope for a big crowd Friday night. Go Green Wave!

This just in..... Hendersonville is full of poopy-heads and stinky pants losers. My girlfriend says she's wearing both Gallatin's (my alma mater), and Beech's (her alma mater) clothes just to make commandos that much angrier. I love this rivalry!

You went to Gallatin and your girlfriend went to Beech? That is quite possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever heard.

With respect it will not matter come playoff time the 65A region will dominate

Why do you think that?

Have teams from this region played this season? I know Franklin and Brentwood are supposed to be good, but so are Hendersonville, Gallatin and Hunters Lane. Just clarify as to why you think region 6 is better than region 5.

Why do you think that?

Have teams from this region played this season? I know Franklin and Brentwood are supposed to be good, but so are Hendersonville, Gallatin and Hunters Lane. Just clarify as to why you think region 6 is better than region 5.

Well known that 65A is the stronger region and has been for the last 5 years or so,with that as our regions pair up playoff time look at the last few years and in fact last year your teams were blown out in playoffs i.e.indy beat gallatin and antioch by 35 and 40 pts respectfully but that was last year. Franklin and brentwood wouldn't have problem with either wave or commandos , the teams it looks like u face is centenial or ravenwood. its big game for the seedings as u won't see either franklin or brentwood till later I'm playoffs whoever gets centenial ( they most likely get #3 seed and ravenwood #4) better look out. Cent is dangerous team loaded on offense but they can be scored upon RHS with rector alaways tough this year they up and down but beat BA.however sure ur game wave vs. Commandos will be a great one good luck to both stay healthy

Well known that 65A is the stronger region and has been for the last 5 years or so,with that as our regions pair up playoff time look at the last few years and in fact last year your teams were blown out in playoffs i.e.indy beat gallatin and antioch by 35 and 40 pts respectfully but that was last year. Franklin and brentwood wouldn't have problem with either wave or commandos , the teams it looks like u face is centenial or ravenwood. its big game for the seedings as u won't see either franklin or brentwood till later I'm playoffs whoever gets centenial ( they most likely get #3 seed and ravenwood #4) better look out. Cent is dangerous team loaded on offense but they can be scored upon RHS with rector alaways tough this year they up and down but beat BA.however sure ur game wave vs. Commandos will be a great one good luck to both stay healthy

FYI in 2007 first round games Region 6 won 2 games and Region 5 won 2 games. In 2006 Region 6 only won 1 game in the first round and Region 5 won 3. I really can't see what you base your comments on but as always that's why they play the game. Can't wait for this game for now. It,s the only one that matters. Commandos come ready to play!