Gallatin (7-1, 5-0) @ Hendersonville (5-1, 4-0)

Gtowner

Oh now come on... You can't tell me that it doesn't smell like a sewage treatment plant all the way up and down Indian Lake Blvd. In all seriousness though, I have a tremendous amount of respect for Hendersonville. I'm glad to see the region standings sitting where they should be again with Gallatin and Hendersonville at the top. It is a fact that I do hate them, but that's what we Gallatin folks are raised to do.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love that about this game.

Gallatin folks are raised hating Hendersonville.

Hendersonville folks are raised hating Gallatin.

And yeah, I agree, this is exactly how we should leave this region before it all changes, with the Sumner County teams on top.

Agreed! I am so sick of all the Metro crap that we've had to put up with all these years. I'm sure you guys are too. These two teams are and always have been the class of Region 5-5A and nothing makes me more happy than to see those Region standings just like they are. Unfortunatly for the Commandos, it will be shortlived, because the Wave will stand alone at the top after Friday!!!!

And yeah, I agree, this is exactly how we should leave this region before it all changes, with the Sumner County teams on top.

I've watched this game for the last 2 years. Both years, I thought H'ville had the better team but fell apart.

Here's a question for the Sumner Co faithful. Do you think that Davidson Ac coming to H'ville will delute the football talent from H'ville and Gallatin?

Since moving back to this area, I have been disappointed in the talent on the field compared to the teams I watched in Region 1 & 2. I been told by parents and others that they feel that Station Camp and JPII cut deep into the talent pool in the Commandos and the Wave.

Just wondering from a guy who had some great games against the Commandos in my day but never got a shot at the Wave.

Good Luck to both programs and hope you can get back to the level of getting a shot at the Gold ball every year.

Can't wait until Friday night, It will be different playing a team that makes it living running the ball after chasing receivers all over the field for the last 3 weeks. Gallatin does not try to fool you they just line up and knock the crap out of you all night. The key to the game I think is Hville not allowing Gallatin to get the lead and run downhill all night. In Gallatin's 2nd half comeback wins over Lebanon and Hunters Lane the snowball got rolling and they were unstoppable. Hville has to score early and often and yes Hville has heard it 1000 times from everyone that last week's game with GHS and HLHS was for the region championship. Should be an electric atmosphere at Paul Decker Field.

I've watched this game for the last 2 years. Both years, I thought H'ville had the better team but fell apart.

Here's a question for the Sumner Co faithful. Do you think that Davidson Ac coming to H'ville will delute the football talent from H'ville and Gallatin?

Since moving back to this area, I have been disappointed in the talent on the field compared to the teams I watched in Region 1 & 2. I been told by parents and others that they feel that Station Camp and JPII cut deep into the talent pool in the Commandos and the Wave.

Just wondering from a guy who had some great games against the Commandos in my day but never got a shot at the Wave.

Good Luck to both programs and hope you can get back to the level of getting a shot at the Gold ball every year.

I have been told by many that a lot of kids that attend Davidson Aca already come from the Sumner County area. If fact I have known a few myself. Station Camp did hurt the talent pool of Gallatin somewhat. But I think it hurt Beech more than us. There have been several who were star players that would have been Green Wave players but that area has been the fastest growing area in the county for some time. JPII has gotten a few players from Gallatin but most have been Hendersonville players. I may be wrong but I have heard that the Tate brothers were both Hendersonville natives. I think the battle lines will be intense next year after realignment. I forsee a lot of huge gates and bigtime atmospheres once the metro teams are gone.

. I forsee a lot of huge gates and bigtime atmospheres once the metro teams are gone.

Yes, I agree. Some of the Metro games made no sense! I'm an Old NIL guy and I hated some of those games .

District 9: Beech, Gallatin, Hendersonville, Portland, Station Camp;

> Lebanon, Mt. Juliet

Watching these teams will bring some money to the gates and bring back community pride.

Dittos

Here are some numbers for Hendersonville. Hville is avg 28.5 points a game and giving up 13.5. They have scored 30 or more points in 6 games. Now this is where the numbers get interesting. The Commandos avg 158 yards on the ground per contest and 85 yards passing. But they give up an avg of 157 yards rushing and 96 yards passing. Very close numbers. So how do they get so many points? Answer: short field off of turnovers and big returns. They have a very good secondary and everybody knows about Yazzie in the return department.

I know alot of us saw the Commandos play Beech earlier in the year. Going just by the numbers, that game is a far cry from the actual Hville team. While most of the Hunters Lane group thought last week was for the region title, the Green and Gold people knew that the region title had to go through Sumner County.

Dittos

Here are some numbers for Hendersonville. Hville is avg 28.5 points a game and giving up 13.5. They have scored 30 or more points in 6 games. Now this is where the numbers get interesting. The Commandos avg 158 yards on the ground per contest and 85 yards passing. But they give up an avg of 157 yards rushing and 96 yards passing. Very close numbers. So how do they get so many points? Answer: short field off of turnovers and big returns. They have a very good secondary and everybody knows about Yazzie in the return department.

I know alot of us saw the Commandos play Beech earlier in the year. Going just by the numbers, that game is a far cry from the actual Hville team. While most of the Hunters Lane group thought last week was for the region title, the Green and Gold people knew that the region title had to go through Sumner County.

RAIN IN THE FORCAST THIS FRIDAY NITE WITH TEMP'S IN THE MID 50'S...THIS MAY BE LABELED THE SUMNER COUNTY MUDD BOWL...INTERESTING TO SEE WHO DEALS WITH THE WET WEATHER THE BEST...

Well it surprised me to find out that those games were recorded as games not played. I could of sworn they have to forfeit those games! I swore read that in the paper. Well I'm pulling hard for HHS in this one because HLHS needs GHS to lose. And next week I'm pulling for Mcgavock against GHS because we need GHS to lose again. Then the last week of the regular season WE MUST BEAT HHS