Region 7

truth

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glencliff is holdin down but what about them hunters lane!!

I look forward to nununu's respone on this one but until then or when someone puts up a good amount of predictions I will not write on the the matter although I am extremly eager do so. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Thats how I am gonna play my cards /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I look forward to nununu's respone on this one but until then or when someone puts up a good amount of predictions I will not write on the the matter although I am extremly eager do so. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Thats how I am gonna play my cards /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Beastin, I was waiting for someone to start the topic, so I guess I will jump in. Have made predictions earlier in the summer. Not really going to revise them right now. My predictions for duals:

AAA

Antioch

Glencliff

Hunters Lane

McGavock

Cane Ridge

Maplewood

I put the teams in this order b/c of last year's finish. The Bears are region champs until they get knocked off(although I feel that Glencliff may be better>>>>>on paper). Antioch returns quite a few guys, but did lose a lot, including its head coach. Glencliff didn't lose much. These two have been the top two teams in the region since its inception. It is only fitting they will fight it out for the region crown. Hunters Lane is getting better, and will challenge, but not ready to get over the hump yet. McGavock will also be better this season. Cane Ridge and Maplewood are young

A/AA

East Lit

MLK

East Lit is the team to beat in Region 7, large or small school. MLK will do well.

Region 7 Individuals

East Lit

Antioch(they always finish 2nd)

Glencliff

Hunters Lane

McGavock

MLK

Cane Ridge

Who will place at whateva weight class this year? Antioch has a strong team. East Lit. has a powerhouse coming back only losing 1 senior and all the starters and state qualifiers are back. I look foward to seeing Luis Aguilar, Randall Ridley, Robert Gamble, Shawn Garrett, Chris Ferguson, Nick Garrett, Lamar Moore, Jason Hinkle, Cameron Adafe, and Khiry Ridley win the region and place in state.

Cane Ridge is young but will be very competitive against any team. Hunters Lane has a couple of threats. Quinton Robison should be a big threat as heavyweight.

• 2 weeks later...

Before anyone start ranking the wrestlers in this region, a few questions needs to be answered.

1. Will Maplewood wrestle a complete schedule?

2. Can TSB and DCA fill a roster and compete as separate teams?

3. Did Cane Ridge get any good sophmores from Antioch?

4. Will Thomas Holman and Roy Watts return to the mat for McGavock?

5. And if so, at what weights?

But since these questions can't be answered until the season starts, I will give my picks.

1. East Lit (they have to strongest returning team)

2. Glencliff (only because they look better on paper)

3. Antioch (always tough. lost five good seniors from last years team)

4. Hunters Lane (they look good, will not be surprised if they finish top 2)

5. McGavock (if there top guys return, they can make it hard for #3 & #4)

6. Maplewood (if they wrestle a complete schedule, they have enough raw athletic talent to beat the lower tier teams)

7. MLK (not strong, but if they get enough athletes to coop from Pearl-Cohn they could move a notch or two)

8. Cane Ridge (young, but they shouldn't be ignored.)

9. Hume Fogg

10. DCA

11. TSB

12. Whites Creek

13. Pearl-Cohn (coop w/MLK)

14. Stratford (coop w/East Lit)

Thomas Holman is not wrestling for McGavock. He has chosen to pursue other interests.

That is sad to hear. He was a very good wrestler. Buc I am with you, but if you remember last season, Glencliff was good on paper as well. This should be an eventful season. DCA does have a full team, they are not in a coop with TSB anymore. Those top three are right on, and may possibly represent the region at state duals. Individually, it is hard to tell. I will put Cane Ridge in the mix(in a couple of years) they got some ok guys, but none were starters for the Bears last year. I guess we can tell a little at the Antioch scrimmages, who has what.