Hickman Vs East Hickman Revisited

dawgballfan

I expected the loss, but pulled for East to win. Hoped they won. Centerville won handily, congratulations to the Bulldogs. The East Defense did very good in my eyes, taken to the fact we went 3 and out all night, bad punts,interceptions, and not moving the ball killed us ! Had our offense did anything, and gave the Defense a little rest, I think we would of hung in there the whole game. It shocked me almost to the half and score 7-0, But its get discouraging to sit there game after game and watch the same plays that do not work, I was hoping for something to be different, but same old stuff. One would think after 9 games, it has not worked once, why beat a deead horse, As far as the brilliant move leaving the starters in all game, it cost us, now the main linebacker is carried off the field , to the hospital. when Centerville put the JV (at least most JV ) in at 28-0 with 6 min left, common sense should kick in.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dawgs 35 East 0!

I told ya!

Not one, not two men make a team!

Congrats Dawgs, go home East!

Next...

Well stated BIG DAWG, now a question for anybody at EAST who may know the answer to the question.we were wondering why the Q back kept and ran so many times, if he ran with authority would be one thing , but to hit the line and lay down makes one wonder? When he threw, it was for a bulldog 6 points. #22 seemd like his hands were tied, could not break loose, I know the kid is a great runningback, but why did he keep laying blocks for #24, I think this has been the case all season for East. Hope they get it together, we were kinda shocked how well the defense contained ( without our 2 main backs), but they wore down and the floodgates opened. You guys got a good team, heart,grit, good attitudes. If your Coaches get thier heads out of thier behind and realize this style offense just dont work, ya'll can be real good from what I can see. Prayers for "Tater" hope he is not hurt too bad. Can anybody tell me why this "great coach" left the Varsity in after we put the JV in? Nice return for Tyler Heymans getting a TD in his return debut. Roll on bulldogs................

I expected the loss, but pulled for East to win. Hoped they won. Centerville won handily, congratulations to the Bulldogs. The East Defense did very good in my eyes, taken to the fact we went 3 and out all night, bad punts,interceptions, and not moving the ball killed us ! Had our offense did anything, and gave the Defense a little rest, I think we would of hung in there the whole game. It shocked me almost to the half and score 7-0, But its get discouraging to sit there game after game and watch the same plays that do not work, I was hoping for something to be different, but same old stuff. One would think after 9 games, it has not worked once, why beat a deead horse, As far as the brilliant move leaving the starters in all game, it cost us, now the main linebacker is carried off the field , to the hospital. when Centerville put the JV (at least most JV ) in at 28-0 with 6 min left, common sense should kick in.

nice post....good luck to you guys....no question that better days are ahead /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It was 7-0 until less than 2 min in the half. They played a great first half, at least the defense did. East caused a turnover by fumble on the Bulldogs opening drive, I felt they (Bulldogs) were a little bit shocked at this point. East was there to play. But after the big turnover, East went 3 and out,after a "backwards punt" , , Centerville got the ball back, then busted a big play up the middle up the middle for 6 . and it was back and forth the rest of the half , The Defense played awesome the first half, but the problem is they played the whole first half, Offense was non existant the whole game.Hats off to the Bulldogs, Also East Defense, I have no Idea why the starters were left in.

This is Coach Hatley, the defensive coach of the east eagles. I usually do not post as can be seen by my user name stat line, but I think today I will say a few things to the supporters of our program that are upset at the way we do things. "Why were the starters still in the game?". We will be breaking down film Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to ?. Come by and see for yourself who HC still had in the game. (what HC RB broke the long run at the end of the game after #39 got hurt? What # was the QB that threw the late TD pass?) It is our job to STOP the "O". If the "O" continues to try to score and if they do so with their best possible players we will try to stop them with our best possible players. I don't think there is any question that #39 is one of our best defensive players. He played his butt off in that game and has done so all year long. He plays the game the way it is to be played, full speed and as physical as he can. Injuries are a terrible part of the game however and he was injured. My question to our supporters that post under hidden names is this, why do you not trust that we are doing what is best for the direction of this team? Do you think we meet each sunday and game plan for the best possible way to loose our next game? We have improved each game since the school opened. The kids that have stuck it out give everything they have each week and I am very proud of them. They could have laid it down at any point this year, but they continue to go hard. If you don't think we are the right coaches for the job, just come out and say it. Why beat arround the bush? If you supporters have the answers to the questions you continue to ask let us know. What offense should we run? How would you do things and how would what you would do translate into a better result? Second guessing what I do in front of me is one thing, but to do so infront of our players only takes away from the improvements we continue to make.

This is Coach Hatley, the defensive coach of the east eagles. I usually do not post as can be seen by my user name stat line, but I think today I will say a few things to the supporters of our program that are upset at the way we do things. "Why were the starters still in the game?". We will be breaking down film Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to ?. Come by and see for yourself who HC still had in the game. (what HC RB broke the long run at the end of the game after #39 got hurt? What # was the QB that threw the late TD pass?) It is our job to STOP the "O". If the "O" continues to try to score and if they do so with their best possible players we will try to stop them with our best possible players. I don't think there is any question that #39 is one of our best defensive players. He played his butt off in that game and has done so all year long. He plays the game the way it is to be played, full speed and as physical as he can. Injuries are a terrible part of the game however and he was injured. My question to our supporters that post under hidden names is this, why do you not trust that we are doing what is best for the direction of this team? Do you think we meet each sunday and game plan for the best possible way to loose our next game? We have improved each game since the school opened. The kids that have stuck it out give everything they have each week and I am very proud of them. They could have laid it down at any point this year, but they continue to go hard. If you don't think we are the right coaches for the job, just come out and say it. Why beat arround the bush? If you supporters have the answers to the questions you continue to ask let us know. What offense should we run? How would you do things and how would what you would do translate into a better result? Second guessing what I do in front of me is one thing, but to do so infront of our players only takes away from the improvements we continue to make.

coach, let me just say that i was at the game on Friday night and thought your kids played hard on every down, both offensively and defensively....they showed great sportsmanship and never gave up....you and your fellow coaches should be very proud of them....I am satisfied that you as coaches knew that you were in for an uphill battle for a few years in trying to develop a competitive team....in the same token I am sure that you guys knew that there would ALWAYS BE a negative segment in your fan base....whether you are winning or losing, it doesn't seem to matter to some....they are gonna gripe regardless....it seems to me that the worst possible thing you as a coach could do is to allow common tools, like myself, to begin getting to you....all that you are going to accomplish by coming on this board is to allow your negative fans to KNOW that they are getting under your and maybe your fellow coaches skin....I can assure you that I know very little about the detailed issues of football and I will bet you that most of the folks who are dogging you are in the same boat....it is easy to coach from the stands or behind an anonymous name sitting at a keyboard....I know your intent is to stand up for your team and I can appreciate that and I am sure your team does as well.....but, I am afraid that all you are doing is throwing gas on the fire....nevertheless, I wish you guys the very best in the future....your winning seasons are coming

As they say in the Bud Light commercials...DUDE! Before I make my main point let me say this, I realize that your job is an extremely difficult one. You all just started varsity football. No doubt right now you are very frustrated. You never realized how critical and yet how unsupportive a fan base could be. Welcome to Hickman County. I am sure you have second guessed your decision more than once to take on this job. But never and I mean never should you #1 even VIEW a message board; #2 create a user account and #3 actually post messages, especially in response to criticism. Why do you think college and professional coaches say they don't read or pay attention to media reports? Could you imagine Phil Fulmer trying to respond to all the criticism he is facing right now?

Let's chalk this one up to experience and count this as an error in judgement on your part. Learn from it and move on. By the way, you spoke of people "that post under hidden names". What are you doing, coach?

Dont get your panties in a wad................ Trust me I am a 100% supporter and have the coaches back many times in the stands, off the field and on here.. I support the concept 100% even though I sometimes wonder the reasoning for some things but that is not my buisness.. You use my post like I said something wrong? Questions were being asked , and was the game really that close. So my post praises the Defense and YES it was close. ... READ before you put your foot in your mouth. Nothing negative was said on my part. Are you being bashed?????????????? I dont think so. Your Defense is on a drastic uphill climb, you had Hickman county stands sitting quiet, for awhile. Hats off to you. But dont use my post to say your being second guessed............................ GOOD JOB COACH.... ? What more do you want ?

dude...."panties in a wad"? are you in the eighth grade?....i'm sure after this post you won't have to worry about the coach paying any more attention to your posts....see, you have already helped him out! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Dont get your panties in a wad................ Trust me I am a 100% supporter and have the coaches back many times in the stands, off the field and on here.. I support the concept 100% even though I sometimes wonder the reasoning for some things but that is not my buisness.. You use my post like I said something wrong? Questions were being asked , and was the game really that close. So my post praises the Defense and YES it was close. ... READ before you put your foot in your mouth. Nothing negative was said on my part. Are you being bashed?????????????? I dont think so. Your Defense is on a drastic uphill climb, you had Hickman county stands sitting quiet, for awhile. Hats off to you. But dont use my post to say your being second guessed............................ GOOD JOB COACH.... ? What more do you want ?

Shut your mouth! If you have a problem with our program see "ME" in person and do not post this garbage on a pubic forum again!

Matt Jones

Head Football Coach

East Hickman High School

Way to go coach couldn't have said it better myself. To much backstabbing going on period. I've got no dog in this hunt, but I've been reading this post since it started, even posted a comment earlier in the week. I coached several years ago, not on the same level but same experience from parents and so called fans. I told them straight out, if you don't like what I'm doing or the way I'm doing it, take your kid off the team or do it yourself, some kids left, but we were a better team without them. Stick to your guns coach I'll bet there are more parents for you than against you.

Shut your mouth! If you have a problem with our program see "ME" in person and do not post this garbage on a pubic forum again!

Matt Jones

Head Football Coach

East Hickman High School

way to go coach!!! i'm the mom of #22 and yes as a team we had our ups and downs but if you would have been at the loretto game you would have seen how much those coaches cared about that team. Maybe instead of all you non believers stay off this forum and come and see a real team play they have more heart and respect than any team i have seen and that is a big THANKS to our coaching staff.

Matt Jones

Head Football Coach

East Hickman High School

Are you kidding me?!? We already had one East person impersonating Mr. Crabtree so I guess it is possible this is not really Coach Jones. If it is, why would you even get on here and respond to this garbage?

Keep in mind that this is a public forum and people can voice their opinions regardless of what those opinions are. You have no right to tell this person or anyone else on here to keep quiet. Besides this East soap opera is entertaining me. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />