Hardin County at Henry County

hubjr

Are you saying that you disagree that the coaches will have them ready or that we wont cover the pass or pressure the QB?

I was disagreeing with this person stating that we're making qb's throw on the run a lot because we don't get much pressure on the qb. and i also don't think the D is better this year than last but thats apples to oranges. but i just don't think we're getting enough pressure and we sure aren't covering recievers.

well i hate to break it to you but every team HC plays in the playoffs will have bigger o line and d line than northside. hopefully the d lineman will be back and hopefully will be a one man wrecking crew.

Like this person said i can gurantee you we will play teams week in and week out in the playoffs with bigger lines than northside.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was disagreeing with this person stating that we're making qb's throw on the run a lot because we don't get much pressure on the qb. and i also don't think the D is better this year than last but thats apples to oranges. but i just don't think we're getting enough pressure and we sure aren't covering recievers.

Like this person said i can gurantee you we will play teams week in and week out in the playoffs with bigger lines than northside.

I agree that pressure and coverage were lacking last Friday but over the course of the season both have been good. I do agree that size of opposing lines will no doubt increase during the playoffs.

Ahh...so Henry County does have a weak point???

Will a passing attack be the death of them???

We have not faced a "passing team" that I recall so who knows if its a weakness? Hardin County will let us know about that and Melrose/Fairley will test us for sure if play either or both.

well i hate to break it to you but every team HC plays in the playoffs will have bigger o line and d line than northside. hopefully the d lineman will be back and hopefully will be a one man wrecking crew.

Northside's oline is not small! Others may have larger but Northside's oline averages 285. Thats pretty good size.

Northside's oline is not small! Others may have larger but Northside's oline averages 285. Thats pretty good size.

northside's o-line as a whole was pretty good sized. they had 2 smaller lineman bout 250 or so. the memphis teams will average 300 pounds every week. thats the point i was making.

Wasnt everyone questioning the defense and mainly the pass defense before Brighton?? If someone could please remind me the score of that game it seems to have slipped my mind. The boys will be fine.

Oh and there isnt a school in memphis that averages a 300lb offensive line except for University of Memphis, and they arent 4A.

Wasnt everyone questioning the defense and mainly the pass defense before Brighton?? If someone could please remind me the score of that game it seems to have slipped my mind. The boys will be fine.

Oh and there isnt a school in memphis that averages a 300lb offensive line except for University of Memphis, and they arent 4A.

Well, Brighton came with an untested BACK-UP quarterback. Although he is a good player, he was very inexperienced vs. Henry County. From what I heard over the radio, had Northside had a passing game, that game would have been much different. That is why all the questions over our pass defense.

One thing that has to mentioned whenever talking about Henry County's pass defense is the fact that Marsalis Teague has not been used much on defense in our previous games (maybe 10 plays total?). Incorporating Teague as a CB or Safety immediately raises the level of a Henry County's pass defense. It's for good reason that Teague is being recruited as a defensive back to Div I schools such as Miami, Florida, Clemson, Georgia, Tennessee, etc.

I'm not saying that HC's pass defense looked impressive last week, but Teague will certainly help.

Well, Brighton came with an untested BACK-UP quarterback. Although he is a good player, he was very inexperienced vs. Henry County. From what I heard over the radio, had Northside had a passing game, that game would have been much different. That is why all the questions over our pass defense.

I understand the questions for two reasons. First of all there were to many open receivers and secondly the Memphis schools normally have potent passing attacks. Hopefully it was a wake up call. Hardin County has a great passing attack so we will learn more this Friday.

Guest Advisor

northside's o-line as a whole was pretty good sized. they had 2 smaller lineman bout 250 or so. the memphis teams will average 300 pounds every week. thats the point i was making.

Average 300?? Did the Titans move to Memphis? Common now........we've seen all of the Memphis teams before as a matter of fact, we've seen all of these teams this year........whether film or scouting trips..........NOBODY averages 300 lbs. on the O-line!

Give Northside a little credit.......they have no way of playing week 11, it was senior night, the last home game of the season, they always play HC a good game, the have a great D-Line,(one of the best we've seen all year) and the coach had them ready to play the Big Red........and we beat them by 39! Not a bad trip to Jackson in my opinion!

I understand the questions for two reasons. First of all there were to many open receivers and secondly the Memphis schools normally have potent passing attacks. Hopefully it was a wake up call. Hardin County has a great passing attack so we will learn more this Friday.

Im not sure I would refer to slinging it deep as potent. Hardin County should be the most sophisticated by far.

It has been well discussed at how ineffective NS was at passing the ball. You guys all say that if NS had caught the ball this and that. Has it ever occurred to you guys that Coach Gaddis is a football genius and it just might have been the game plan which was designed to stop a strong running game which no doubt opened up some passing. This just in, NS scored 3 points, that is right 3, great job defense, and coaches.

FOr the guy that said the Patriots have not pressured qbs this year, well he must be playing football in the sidelots with the rest of the young flks not watching the game. The Patriots have sacked QB after qb,

By the numbers this years defense is much better than last lears, not to get in a ###### contest, but the starting defense has given up 3 points this season (congrats to NS.) the Patriot D has beenoverlooked by a high powered offense but the truth is that the Defense is pretty darn good, not that I am right but that is my opinion.