Hardin County at Henry County

hubjr

Hardin County has 2 good running backs one in QB Gilchrist, he has rushed for over 100 yards in over 6 games this year, and they have a running back #25 real fast who had 175 rushing yards and 3 tds in the first half against JCM. There defense is decent, they have a Sophomore DB who has 5 interceptions on the year he is good, but besides that they are average size and average play..

Is Gilchrist an "athlete" or more of a good passer that runs? What is the name of the soph db?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Advisor

I see this game going in favor of Henry County. Although, I do think that Hardin County will put up more points than the previous 9 teams that we have faced so far, but the big red defense will have enough power to stop them when it matters. This game could be a shootout by both teams but Henry County will come out on top.

Accurate post there RedPWR! However, Hardin County has had high octane offenses every year since HC joing 7-AAAA! In that same period, HC has beaten HC 108-36 two of which were in Savannah. Although the points came late in the game vs. the Big Red's backups, 2 teams have scored 14 (Liberty and Treadwell) and 1 team 13(The Yanker's Cougars) this season........thus.......I don't know that I totally agree with you about them outscoring the previous 9 teams........howbeit......possible! Do you REALLY believe that this year's Hardin County team is any more powerful than the good teams they've had in years past? Their QBs must hate playing the Big RED!

Has anyone seen us practice this week? If so how has it gone? Are we healthy?

I have not seen / heard anything about the practices. other than the D lineman with the ankle injury, I believe we are relatively healthy.

Patsdoc, any news to report? Or ar ya' still fired? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I have not seen / heard anything about the practices. other than the D lineman with the ankle injury, I believe we are relatively healthy.

Patsdoc, any news to report? Or ar ya' still fired? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Martese's injury has had me on probabtion. We are actively and aggressively rehabing his ankle. I think trainer mike almost had him in tears yesterday /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> TT will still be out this week but ready to go after that. JP will be back soon--I am not sure how he did with some running/cutting drills yesterday. Finch has an ankle sprain--he will be ready for playoffs. Considering we are going into the 10th week, we are healthy. We must stay that way through playoffs!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I have now had a two weeks to save up funds for pizza--hint, hint /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Lets go BIG RED! Lets have another injury free victory friday night!!!

I expect to see our Benton county neighbors there to cheer us on since they are playing thursday

Martese's injury has had me on probabtion. We are actively and aggressively rehabing his ankle. I think trainer mike almost had him in tears yesterday /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> TT will still be out this week but ready to go after that. JP will be back soon--I am not sure how he did with some running/cutting drills yesterday. Finch has an ankle sprain--he will be ready for playoffs. Considering we are going into the 10th week, we are healthy. We must stay that way through playoffs!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I have now had a two weeks to save up funds for pizza--hint, hint /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Lets go BIG RED! Lets have another injury free victory friday night!!!

I expect to see our Benton county neighbors there to cheer us on since they are playing thursday

Go Lions!!!!!!! Go Rebels!!!!!! Let's keep this little corner of Tennessee in the news.

Also, GO BIG RED

Accurate post there RedPWR! However, Hardin County has had high octane offenses every year since HC joing 7-AAAA! In that same period, HC has beaten HC 108-36 two of which were in Savannah. Although the points came late in the game vs. the Big Red's backups, 2 teams have scored 14 (Liberty and Treadwell) and 1 team 13(The Yanker's Cougars) this season........thus.......I don't know that I totally agree with you about them outscoring the previous 9 teams........howbeit......possible! Do you REALLY believe that this year's Hardin County team is any more powerful than the good teams they've had in years past? Their QBs must hate playing the Big RED!

Thanks for agreeing for the most part i guess /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" . As for the question about the power of the Hardin offense, my answer is this. Hardin County does have a very powerful and highly explosive offense, and they pose the threat of scoring more points on us if we aren't adequately prepared. What has to happen is that the power of our defense must outlast the power of their offense.

Thanks for the info! Hope ya' get to spend that pizza fund. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Okay okay...ya'll quit fidgetting.

Our offense is definately our strong point.

I'm guessing we'll probably throw the ball alot. You can also watch for Gilchrist to run alot.

Defensively, we've played 2 horrible games-Liberty and Brighton.

Last week against JCM the D held up pretty dang well. But then again...that's JCM.

Numbers to look for on defense-#5,#18,#23,#25,#55,#64,#66-All of these guys are capable of making a big play at any point in the game.

The only thing keeping this defense from blossoming is making consistent tackles. That's what lost us the Brighton and Liberty games. If they'll make tackles...this game might be closer than a shootout.

And that's my 2 cents for now. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The only thing keeping this defense from blossoming is making consistent tackles. That's what lost us the Brighton and Liberty games. If they'll make tackles...this game might be closer than a shootout.

And that's my 2 cents for now. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How is your defense against the run? Think we'll have any trouble runnin' wild? I am kind hoping for 45-40 kind of game. Henry County winning, of course I'll take any win. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

How is your defense against the run? Think we'll have any trouble runnin' wild? I am kind hoping for 45-40 kind of game. Henry County winning, of course I'll take any win. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

We can shut down the outside good...we're lacking up the middle. At least we did in those 2 games i wuz telling u about.

We can shut down the outside good...we're lacking up the middle. At least we did in those 2 games i wuz telling u about.

Thanks for the answer. I hope ya'll can get a good defensive game plan together and execute it. I would like to see our guys have to work against a good, solid, defensive effort for the first half. Maybe even a 0-0 halftime score.

Think it will happen?