Mcminn Central @ Howard

sportsman88

Coach Davis calls defense and I'm not turning on anyone - what the chargers have is artificial and will fade soon enough.

Oh and 89charger? I've just learned you were a child - won't be answering you anymore /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

artificial? how do you figure that?! and what makes you think what central has will fade? there is nothing artificial about beating your team 16-0. central had more yards in penalties than polk had in offense....yeehaw your boys are lucky in wasn't dry.

sounds to me like you were calling the coaches out when you stated if the sweep doesn't work the first five times it wouldn't work the next fifteen times...

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do, newbie.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Apparently not! The refs didnt change balls, where he could use a rubber ball when he went to kick the field goal. The kid has a leg please quit hatin' on him and swallow the L yall took friday. Its over. Im pulling for Polk here on it. Maybe the two teams can meet up in round 2.

Coach Davis calls defense and I'm not turning on anyone - what the chargers have is artificial and will fade soon enough.

Oh and 89charger? I've just learned you were a child - won't be answering you anymore /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Child? Buddy your out of your mind. Ask 6+4+3=2 or jcub50 about this child. I call you out on an ignorant post about Centrals kicker and now Im a child?

artificial? how do you figure that?! and what makes you think what central has will fade? there is nothing artificial about beating your team 16-0. central had more yards in penalties than polk had in offense....yeehaw your boys are lucky in wasn't dry.

sounds to me like you were calling the coaches out when you stated if the sweep doesn't work the first five times it wouldn't work the next fifteen times...

I'm not sure why you people are so proud of 95 yards in penalties. Don't get me wrong, you guys have a very good defense and holding any opponent to 72 total yards is remarkable. However, that many penalties WILL come back to haunt you when you play someone (like anyone from Region 4) that has an above average offense (unlike Polk).

Smokey he is still got that sour taste in his mouth from last Friday. If it was dry.... hahaha I would love to see the two teams hook up in round 2 with DRY conditions where it could get ugly. With it pouring rain the whole day and all night that was supposed to play into Polk's favor with there smash mouth offense ( /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) that totaled up a whole 70 yards lol

I'm not sure why you people are so proud of 95 yards in penalties. Don't get me wrong, you guys have a very good defense and holding any opponent to 72 total yards is remarkable. However, that many penalties WILL come back to haunt you when you play someone (like anyone from Region 4) that has an above average offense (unlike Polk).

I said the same thing after the Polk game.

not real proud of the penalties, and you are right it could come back to bite us...but i was pointing out how remarkable the charger defense was....

polk's offens was averageing over 30 points a game before last friday!!!

not real proud of the penalties, and you are right it could come back to bite us...but i was pointing out how remarkable the charger defense was....

Friday night, Central's defense was remarkable. Granted, Polk's offense is very, very young and not very good at this point, but the defense was still very impressive. To be honest, I don't see how East Rigde put up 16 or how Sequoyah put up anything. The defense had better play like they did Friday every week if they hope to make a run, because, IMO, Central's offense will really struggle against teams that can match up athletically.

Seems like some of the Polk County faithful just can not leave the "beat down" in the past. Even openly critical comments of Polk County's offensive coordinator are being posted. The wing-t got you guys where you are. If that is what you run, then you must run it better against teams like Central. What else were you going to do? Maybe put in a spead option to take advantage of all that 4.5 speed the Wildcats have? Or go shot-gun and have the QB throw it 40 times a game? Polk has Wing-T players, Wing-T coaches and Wing-T fans. When it works it is great, when it does not the sky is falling. There are alot of great teams in the state that run the Wing-T like Catholic and South Pitt. Still an effective high school offense. Even John Mullinax, formerly of McMinn now coaching in GA has switched offensive schemes. Central's front seven whipped Polk's front seven and that is the bottom line. It would not have mattered what offense that Polk ran on Friday (or defense).

Central does not use rubber balls to kick with. The officials check all game balls and handle all balls put in the game for any reason.

Why would you cross you fingers when playing Norte Dame? Very Young, Very Small and Very Slow.