Cherokee @ Volunteer

This one is not only for county bragging rights, but also for Cherokee's playoff life. With a victory over their rival Falcons, Cherokee earns the #4 seed out of 4A-R2 outright. Volunteer could spoil the Chiefs playoff fun with a victory coupled with a Daniel Boone upset of Morristown East. As usual this game will have all the fireworks, and not all will be on the field. Halloween night in Church Hill could get very interesting, /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />.

Thoughts, opinions, and information requested. Let's hear it! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Falcons it comes down the the last game of the year against our long time cross county rivals Cherokee.

Hopefully we can't put together a complete game and prove that we are better then a 2-7 record. We have the chance to win this game and build on this game over the next year.

Remember when this game is over Next Season starts the next day! I hope that you guys that will be returning will take full advantage of the next 10 months to hit the weight room and take it upon yourself to train when you can't work with the coaches. Also I would suggest to anyone that wants to improve their techniques to go to a football camp, here is a link to a great camp that Devin Rogers has went to the past two years http://www.o-d.com/ I would love to see the Football players and parents get together for a fundraiser for any kids that would like to go to camp.

Remember next season you will be competing against DB, South, Science Hill, so lets work hard and have good showings against these schools.

Now I hate to say it but honestly I feel that coaching have killed a few key drives this season, including a drive during the first quarter this past week at Mo West, which could have put us up by two scores.

Volunteer had the ball 2nd and 2, instead of trying to run for the first down on two consecutive plays a pass is called, then instead of trying to go for it on 4th down on Mo West's end of the field we just punt.

If you just had the ball off to Kochensparger he could push his way through for 2 yards.

Another thing if we have the ball inches away from the first down why is the QB sneak never called, all that has to happen is the ball be snapped to him and him dive forward as the center pushes forward.

I realize the spread offense is what we run, but hopefully over the next few years we work toward our strength at the RB position with Rogers as he grows and matures into a top back in the region.

Go Falcons

Falcons 24

Chiefs 21

Church Hill 28 Rogersville 24 /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You have a 2-7 team playing a 4-5 team /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Good point, but they are still playing this Friday night no matter what their records are. It would be good for Volunteer to finish the season with a win.

GO FALCONS /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Good point, but they are still playing this Friday night no matter what their records are. It would be good for Volunteer to finish the season with a win.

GO FALCONS /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

TRUE /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> It will be a good game /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You know I don't care what volunteers record is. The record isn't good but you know what like was said previously game is still being played. One thing I do know as a Volunteer alum the packed house with great atmosphere for football. When I played we had to win to get to the playoffs and for the past two years that has been done! This year Volunteer my have nothing to play except the trophy but that is the best feeling I had while at volunteer was taking it to Cherokee and lifting that trophy up with my team after the game. I haven't got to see volunteer play as much this year but plan to try to make the trip after my walk through on Friday. I hope to see a great game and that trophy to stay in church hill! For anyone looking to find a Saturday football game it just a short trip to Emory,VA (just past abingdon) 1pm where a great match up vs Catholic University will be played!

LETS GO FALCONS! (if you can't go why should you let them?)

Go WASPS!

Smith52